Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

We pre booked premium packages some time back for our October trip. Guess we get a deluxe pkg when we arrive. Premium and deluxe seem to be the same. The only thing dropped was the old ultimate pkg. does any one have any intell if there is a pkg above the "new" deluxe pkg?

If yes, can you provide the details? Thanks!

Edited by TheCount

We pre poked premium packages some time back for our October trip. Guess we get a deluxe pkg when we arrive. Premium and deluxe seem to be the same. The only thing dropped was the old ultimate pkg. does any one have any intell if there is a pkg above the "new" deluxe pkg?

No, the Premium and Ultimate Package were rolled into the Deluxe Package.

We pre booked premium packages some time back for our October trip. Guess we get a deluxe pkg when we arrive. Premium and deluxe seem to be the same. The only thing dropped was the old ultimate pkg. does any one have any intell if there is a pkg above the "new" deluxe pkg?

Check your pricing. Yesterday I cancelled the 2 Premium Packages I purchased in June (AUD73 pp/day including grats and 20% Discount). Now price for new Deluxe package is AUD69.05 pp/day including grats and 20% Discount). I saved over $225! :)

The new Deluxe Package says 'previously the Ultimate Package'. Think the differences to the Premium package are the speciality teas and coffees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My cruise planner is all in CAD funds and is already showing the new Beverage packages. The Deluxe is offered at 62.40 CAD with the 20% discount (Exact same price as Ultimate package was). But no discount for the 3 other non-alc pkgs. The Non-alc packages are all up. Soda up a little bit to $11.05, Royal Refreshment is now $33.80 (up almost $10) and the Evian Water package is $50.70:eek: That is almost a full tank of gas!

I purchased the Ultimate about 5 weeks ago for my DW and I the same day the 20% off showed up for $59.80, and the next day it was up to $62.40 and the premium was up to $59.80

I checked my planner today before noon Atlantic time, and the old packages were still there. When I came back from lunch at 1pm, the new packages had replaced the old ones.

dp

Ultimate and premium still being advertised on my cruises page.

Weird.

There is a " pop up " that says ... Beverage packages have been changed. The Select has been discontinued but DONT WORRY. It will still be honoured on board. Or, you can upgrade to the new deluxe package.

But the deluxe is not shown on the page yet!!!

Just curious if the price on my cruise will be the same as you posted ( in Can funds)

Premium didn't include fresh squeezed juices, speciality teas and coffee as these were in the ultimate.

Deluxe is the new ultimate and premium is upgraded to Deluxe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll chime in from the Aussie perspective on the old v new and how it appears to have been applied to my Dec 2016 cruise, based on what I can book in the cruise planner.

I currently have the old premium package (PP). The new deluxe package is priced exactly the same as the old PP package, not the old ultimate package (UP). Barring any major fluctuation in exchange rates, I don't need to do anything as my PP will be recognized as a deluxe package. If, however, I had purchased the old UP, I would have to cancel this and re-purchase as the old ultimate was $10/day more than the new deluxe package price.

In summary, and on reading the fine print, the deluxe package is better than the PP was, but not quite the UP. The new deluxe fine print on the flyer reads "....does not include specialty beers as listed on

bar menus, or super premium category beverages above $12."

So there you go, it's between the old packages IMHO for the Aussie summer season coming up .

:D a quick update...I just signed into my cruise planner and miraculously the deluxe drinks package is showing up as purchased. We originally paid for the premium package and that never showed up on the cruise planner, only on travel agent invoice, but Im delighted to see the deluxe package now showing up on our booking :D so they are definitely upgrading premium to deluxe at no extra charge

Unfortunately we weren't on the ball enough to realize the new drink packages just went into effect. Our TA sent us the new PDF. Doing the math, if both of us bought the top tier one that includes alcohol we'd each have to drink 5 alcoholic drinks per day to break even, and even on a honeymoon we won't be able to do that. So we're going with the Replenish or whatever it's now called and buy wine/beer/cocktails as we go when we want. We're embarking from Venice so we'll get 2 cheap bottles of wine to bring on board with us. It's too bad they took away some of the other options but I kind of like the simplicity of only 4 choices. We have never cruised before, so I have nothing to compare it to.

411 post and I really do not want to read the whole thread.

So will some kind soul help me.

If I want to purchase a drink package that includes frozen strawberry daquirris and basic ship champagne, as well as Captain morgans rum and diet coke, and occasional bottled water.

1. Which package do I purchase.

2. How much for a 7 day cruise (Allure)

Thanks

If I want to purchase a drink package that includes frozen strawberry daquirris and basic ship champagne, as well as Captain morgans rum and diet coke, and occasional bottled water.

Thanks

Deluxe, starts at $55 a day (Depending on sailing) add 18% to cover gratuities.

Normally 20% off the daily rate booking in advance. Seen precruise rate between $44 and $48.

Totals:

Lowest possible Onboard: $385 + $69.30 = $454.30

Lowest possible precruise: $308 + $55.44 = $363.44

Thanks

1. You only have one choice, Deluxe.

2. $363.44 ($44x7x1.18, could vary by sailing)

Deluxe, starts at $55 a day (Depending on sailing) add 18% to cover gratuities.

Normally 20% off the daily rate booking in advance. Seen precruise rate between $44 and $48.

Totals:

Lowest possible Onboard: $385 + $69.30 = $454.30

Lowest possible precruise: $308 + $55.44 = $363.44

Thank you for taking the time.

Safe travels.

Unfortunately we weren't on the ball enough to realize the new drink packages just went into effect. Our TA sent us the new PDF. Doing the math, if both of us bought the top tier one that includes alcohol we'd each have to drink 5 alcoholic drinks per day to break even, and even on a honeymoon we won't be able to do that. So we're going with the Replenish or whatever it's now called and buy wine/beer/cocktails as we go when we want. We're embarking from Venice so we'll get 2 cheap bottles of wine to bring on board with us. It's too bad they took away some of the other options but I kind of like the simplicity of only 4 choices. We have never cruised before, so I have nothing to compare it to.

You realize it's not just about the alcoholic drinks, it's ALL drinks. With that freedom, it's definitely worth it. IMO

. So we're going with the Replenish or whatever it's now called and buy wine/beer/cocktails as we go when we want.

This made me wonder - has anyone bought a drink and received some discount for having Replenish? I know with Select you could buy some drinks not on the list but only pay above the $8 limit of Select. With Replenish going up in price dramatically, it might be worth asking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

Just off the Freedom where we paid $804 for two ultimate packages. Just purchased 2 of the new packages for the Oasis and it was $760! It includes the same stuff so I say yeah! We are doing B2B and purchased the package for the second leg.:D

I'll chime in from the Aussie perspective on the old v new and how it appears to have been applied to my Dec 2016 cruise, based on what I can book in the cruise planner.

I currently have the old premium package (PP). The new deluxe package is priced exactly the same as the old PP package, not the old ultimate package (UP). Barring any major fluctuation in exchange rates, I don't need to do anything as my PP will be recognized as a deluxe package. If, however, I had purchased the old UP, I would have to cancel this and re-purchase as the old ultimate was $10/day more than the new deluxe package price.

In summary, and on reading the fine print, the deluxe package is better than the PP was, but not quite the UP. The new deluxe fine print on the flyer reads "....does not include specialty beers as listed on

bar menus, or super premium category beverages above $12."

So there you go, it's between the old packages IMHO for the Aussie summer season coming up .

Actually meant 'specialty' beers as noted here, sorry.

You realize it's not just about the alcoholic drinks, it's ALL drinks. With that freedom, it's definitely worth it. IMO

I do, but why would we pay that difference of $58 for two of us per day just to maybe have 2 or 3 alcoholic drinks a day and on a port-heavy European itinerary where we can get a bottle of wine with lunch off the ship that costs maybe 5 Euro? We would still have the freedom of coffees, sodas, bottled water, etc. and then budget for alcohol a la carte. Knowing us and our drinking habits, even on vacation, it's not worth an extra $400 for Ultimate.

I think just like anything else, you have to be realistic with how you like to vacation. Think about how much time in port you'd spend not drinking alcohol on the ship, and if that price difference is worth it for you. It's not to us.

Check your pricing. Yesterday I cancelled the 2 Premium Packages I purchased in June (AUD73 pp/day including grats and 20% Discount). Now price for new Deluxe package is AUD69.05 pp/day including grats and 20% Discount). I saved over $225! :)

Did the calculation and our pre-purchase and CDN$'s is still better under the Premium Pkg, vs the Deluxe new package, but about $2.00 per day. And with the CDN$ to US$ right now, better in my pocket than spending more due to conversion factors. :cool: :D

:D a quick update...I just signed into my cruise planner and miraculously the deluxe drinks package is showing up as purchased. We originally paid for the premium package and that never showed up on the cruise planner, only on travel agent invoice, but Im delighted to see the deluxe package now showing up on our booking :D so they are definitely upgrading premium to deluxe at no extra charge

Where in the cruise planner does it show which packages you have purchased?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi there.

It seems that there’s been some chatter about our enhanced Beverage Packages.

We've recently refined our beverage package offerings, and no longer offer the Select package. No need to worry! We'll still honor your Select Beverage Package while you’re onboard. You’ll enjoy the same selection of complimentary beverages you were promised at time of purchase:

• Beers

• Wines by the glass

• Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Juices

• Fountain soda with free Coca-Cola® souvenir cup

You also have the option to upgrade once onboard to the new Deluxe Package for an additional $10 per person per day + gratuity. Just visit one of the beverage sales stations located throughout the ship or simply ask your friendly bar staff.

We hope this info helps.

Hi there.

It seems that there’s been some chatter about our enhanced Beverage Packages.

We've recently refined our beverage package offerings, and no longer offer the Select package. No need to worry! We'll still honor your Select Beverage Package while you’re onboard. You’ll enjoy the same selection of complimentary beverages you were promised at time of purchase:

• Beers

• Wines by the glass

• Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Juices

• Fountain soda with free Coca-Cola[emoji768] souvenir cup

You also have the option to upgrade once onboard to the new Deluxe Package for an additional $10 per person per day + gratuity. Just visit one of the beverage sales stations located throughout the ship or simply ask your friendly bar staff.

We hope this info helps.

IF you are a representative of RCI then feed back to your superiors that the PR for the drinks package changes has been terrible. Surely when you thought about changing the packages someone would have thought ' hey, what about those with free Select packages that normally upgrade onboard'. Well clearly you didn't and as a result caused many days of confusion and lots of emails to your MD.

Why do you not think through the impact of your changes and end up fighting fire to quell the unhappy customers? You could have advised re the package changes and made it a positive spin but once again Royal's marketing are light years behind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk