Sue Denning on Millenium

Fjord4Fun

Have you met them all?

According to a different thread, she's currently on Reflection and about to head to Eclipse.

We have not met all the CD's but we did meet Sue on the Reflection about 3 years go. She was the finest CD of all those we met in the 10 cruises over the ensuing years. Two thumbs up for Sue.

Does anyone know, apart from Sue herself :), if Sue will be the Cruise Director on board Millennium on October/November. She was on Millie in April but it would be great if she was still to be there. Finest CD in the industry!!!

Hi Everyone,

I have additional information regarding Sue & her return to Eclipse. Sorry to say, her stay is expected to be brief.

While Sue is returning to Eclipse, she's there for a few sailings. As of now, Sue is scheduled for Eclipse 9/17 - 11/13. Eventually, she's headed back to Reflection. I'm unsure if she's on vacation before returning to Reflection.

Always be aware that schedules can and do change. It's best to assume the above information is tentative.

This will be the 3rd time in 3 years, that we will be boarding a Celebrity ship, the day Sue leaves. As we love Sue, it's disappointing news. Hope she will remain onboard Eclipse for at least the 11/13/16 sailing, so we'll have the opportunity to sail with her.

Hope this is helpful.

Sorry to the OP that she'll not be on the Millennium for your cruise.

A note to Celebrity - PLEASE leave her on the Eclipse!!!!!!!

(Because that's where we will be. ):D

Edited by chamima

I have a feeling Eclipse is her favorite ship, but what do I know? That's where she was when we first met her. She was not on Millennium in April, she left us in Sydney Mar 29. She really does liven up the ship. Sorry OP that she will not be on your cruise.

We have not met all the CD's but we did meet Sue on the Reflection about 3 years go. She was the finest CD of all those we met in the 10 cruises over the ensuing years. Two thumbs up for Sue.

I agree about Sue. She is the best one I have met so far.

Sorry to the OP that she'll not be on the Millennium for your cruise.

A note to Celebrity - PLEASE leave her on the Eclipse!!!!!!!

(Because that's where we will be. ):D

Agreed, leave her on the Eclipse.

Does anyone know when Sue's last day is on the Reflection? We are on the 9/9 Reflection 10 day Med. If it is not Sue, does anyone know who the CD may be?

Sue was on the August 19-29 Reflection cruise and she said she was leaving after this trip.

Does anyone know when Sue's last day is on the Reflection? We are on the 9/9 Reflection 10 day Med. If it is not Sue, does anyone know who the CD may be?

The CD is currently Maarten, a really funny, energetic young man who was Sue's 2nd in command when we sailed with her a couple of years ago.

I think you're in for a treat! :D

Sue is a true force. She has very high expectations of her staff. I was speaking to some crew members on the Eclipse last week and they were very supportive of her return, though I'm sure opinions vary. You will see her on the gangway as you get off the ship in a port and she will likely be there when you return. On a previous cruise I left a note in GS in which I left some positive comments for a few staff members and that same afternoon she called our cabin thanking me. Our cruise director Eddy last week was visibly absent and seemingly uninvolved with passengers. I briefly saw him once during the whole cruise.

I had Sue about 18 months ago, she was OK, but I really have never got why people get so excited about who the CD is.

I have said this before but will repeat.

The CD is responsible for scheduling all of the programming of music and entertainment for the ship.

We've been on many cruises. The CD's personality doesn't matter much. Last year we had a lovely young woman who was a pleasure to talk to but there was a dearth of entertainment and the ship (other than the main show in the theater) was pretty much dead.

When we sail with Sue there is so much to do all over the ship that we have a hard time deciding where to go. There is music everywhere and the ship feels vibrant and alive.

Each of them (the CDs) had the same entertainers to work with - it was all in the scheduling!!!