From Barcelona Airport to ship

sailset

We'll be going on the Harmony on Oct. 22 from Barcelona to Florida. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get from air port to the ship? Also we are arriving at 7 am in Barcelona. Would like to do some sightseeing other than the excursions offered by RC. Would like to visit La Famila Sagrada. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We'll be going on the Harmony on Oct. 22 from Barcelona to Florida. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get from air port to the ship? Also we are arriving at 7 am in Barcelona. Would like to do some sightseeing other than the excursions offered by RC. Would like to visit La Famila Sagrada. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Taxi from the airport to the ship is a flat rate of 39 Euros.

See the Spain Ports forum for touring ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

Taxi is flat fee of 39 $ from airport to port.

In the port there´s a shuttle bus / blue bus T3 for 4 Euro roundtrip. The bus gets you to the Columbus column at the foot of La Rambla. There you find the HoHo busses. For an inside view of Sagrada Familia you need to purchase a ticket online in advance. BTW there´s an elevator in the Columbus column. The viewing area is pretty tiny but you have a marvellous view of the city. It was 6 Euro p.P.. They open up at 8:30 am. You can see photos here.

steamboats

There is left luggage facility at BCN. It is down near the entrance to the metro. However given that the airport is a way out of town I wouldn't recommend storing luggage, doing a tour then going back to airport to collect luggage and then going to the ship. Too rushed. If you really want to see Segrada etc I'd arrange a private tour on this occasion. JMHO.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

You may want to consider taking the Aerobus from BCN T1 or T2 to City Centre. At six (6) € one way, it's a very economical option. Buses are also outfitted with Wifi and USB charging stations.

The Aerobus is an excellent lower cost option. However, for us, having 4 rolling cases for two people, I just didn't want to deal with loading them on the bus, off the bus, and on the streets.

The left luggage at the airport is - sorry - nonsense. They are going to the ship and can drop their bags there.

Also recommending the Aerobus doesn´t make much sense. Yes, I´ve used the bus in the past 3 months twice to go to the airport as I had late flights out of Barcelona. I dropped my baggage with Bags & Go and enjoyed the day in Barcelona. But coming from the airport going to the port with luggage you either have to take the metro to Drassanes or a bus and then change to the T3 shuttle. I don´t think I will do that. Or you take a cab from Placa Catalunya to the port - but that doesn´t save much.

It´s way easier to take the cab from the airport to the port and drop the bags there. Then take the T3 shuttle back to La Rambla.

steamboats