New Drink Packages Not Showing

tinkertwo

A few weeks ago, I cancelled our Select beer/wine package for the Oasis next March, hoping to re-purchase them at the 20% discount but was unable to do that because they were discontinued!:mad: So, I purchased the Ultimate for myself but not DH. Since the package offerings are now totally changed, I just purchased the new Deluxe package for DH. A few weeks ago, when I purchased the Ultimate for the 7 nights, which cost $336.00 plus a "service charge" of $60.48 for a total of $396.48. Today, I just purchased the Deluxe package for DH at the exact same price.;) I'm too tired of being frustrated over this s**t!! Cheers and happy cruising!!:cool:

Ah, but they get around that math by stating that the cost for the Deluxe package is "from $55/day (excluding gratuity)", implying that the base rate for the package could be more.

Exactly, on the 'from' part. Also, and not sure if this is still the case with the new structure, but the price we see in our planner should be 20% off the on board price, not a 'base' from a standard flyer.

I see the deluxe package on the website but no prices. I'm getting a "sorry" prompt stating that I cannot check in online, purchase a beverage package, etc. because my cruise is not until May 2017! :confused:

Just singed in and checked the price of the new Deluxe package for our cruise in October £41.80 with 20% off. Then checked our cruise booked for next July and yes it was available to book at £33.88 with 20% off. That is one hell of a difference. Seemed like a good price so booked it.

glad i booked the premium package for October ages ago and got it for £32. So it seems like I actually got a great deal as I will now be upgraded to Deluxe package.

All prices above are without 18% gratuity.

If we purchased the "Premium" package a few months ago will we now have the Deluxe package??? I did not see anything other than that option??:confused:

Correct, you will automatically get the Deluxe package for no extra cost.

Our next cruise is in three weeks.

Deluxe Pkg is now being offered @ 20% off

$46 / day

$322 / 7 days

plus

$57.96 gratuities/ 7 days

Total $379.96

Here's my problem, we booked under BOGO50

my Premium pkg was $404 gratuities included

DW's Premium Pkg was $202 gratuities included

So it's cheaper than what we initially paid and it's a better pkg, But since our packages were purchased under BOGO50, I can't cancel & repurchase to get the better pricing & the better package. I was told I have to 'upgrade' while on the ship but the 20% online discount most likely will not be offered.

$46 / day

$322 / 7 days

plus

Total $379.96

So it's cheaper than what we initially paid and it's a better pkg, But since our packages were purchased under BOGO50, I can't cancel & repurchase to get the better pricing & the better package. I was told I have to 'upgrade' while on the ship but the 20% online discount most likely will not be offered.

If I am reading this right it would cost 759.92 for both of you to buy the deluxe and you both got the premium with the BOGO50 for 606. So a much better price AND you will automatically be upgraded on the ship to the deluxe package options. :)

OHHH Edited to say I get it now ....if the prices had been this WITH the discount both packages would have cost 570 not 606. Math is not my strong suit.

Edited by amyg426

You are right. RCI is doing their math backwards again.

$55 - 20% = $44

$46 + 20% = $55.20

In Canadian pricing the Deluxe PKG is being offered with 20% discount at $62.40 + Grats

dp

Mine says $59.80 plus grats., so $70.57. I purchased the biggest package (ultimate, premium, what ever it was called) at 75.16 which included grats. Looks like I could call and save a few dollars but I'm not sure if I would lose anything.

My Crystal Ball shows a little cloudy, which means RC is contemplating their next move!

They have probably got a lot of criticism for not thinking this change through or how it

would effect cruisers already booked. I believe by next week they will announce a good

balance to all cruisers and make them happy! I will check my Crystal Ball later this week

and keep you informed. Be patient and wait a few more days!

$46 / day

$322 / 7 days

plus

Total $379.96

OK... I just couldn't sit w/ the answer that was given, so I called the Resolutions Dept. Here's what's up. Those that have previously purchased & paid for a Premum Pkg, will automatically be upgraded to the new Deluxe Pkg. when you board. So I was told anyway. I'm taking my notes, original booking confirmation & of course the Resolutions Dept's employees name.

I'll post a follow up as our cruise is in three weeks!

If I am reading this right it would cost 759.92 for both of you to buy the deluxe and you both got the premium with the BOGO50 for 606. So a much better price AND you will automatically be upgraded on the ship to the deluxe package options. :)

OHHH Edited to say I get it now ....if the prices had been this WITH the discount both packages would have cost 570 not 606. Math is not my strong suit.

Correct. Oddly enough, we wanted the Ultimate Pkg but the BOGO50 when I booked the cruise (March 2015) did not offer any other packages but the Premium. (so I was told). Fast forward to today, and it appears that we both will get the the Ultimate Pkg (now Deluxe) but paid about $30 more for them than today's pricing. But we're good! ... and happy!

The new packages are showing in my cruise planner for my August 2017 cruise, but not for my April 2017 cruise...make any sense? The April 2017 cruise is still showing that no beverage packages are available at this time...check onboard (which it has been showing for several weeks now). Just wondering if it's a matter of waiting for everything to be loaded into the system, or if it's a glitch with that particular sailing...thoughts?

Correct. Oddly enough, we wanted the Ultimate Pkg but the BOGO50 when I booked the cruise (March 2015) did not offer any other packages but the Premium. (so I was told). Fast forward to today, and it appears that we both will get the the Ultimate Pkg (now Deluxe) but paid about $30 more for them than today's pricing. But we're good! ... and happy!

I am still not understanding the math. We did the same deal as you but if I was to purchase today it would be more money.

606.00 for 2 packages

now its 759.92 for 2 packages and you get upgraded for free . Looks like you saved money.

Edited by coops

The new packages are showing in my cruise planner for my August 2017 cruise, but not for my April 2017 cruise...make any sense? The April 2017 cruise is still showing that no beverage packages are available at this time...check onboard (which it has been showing for several weeks now). Just wondering if it's a matter of waiting for everything to be loaded into the system, or if it's a glitch with that particular sailing...thoughts?

I just booked my sil and sister for the April 2017 cruise it just came up to today. Keep checking plus it has the 20 percent off.

Similar situation. My next cruise (23 Dec on Nav) is showing the old packages. The cruise after that one (11 Feb Harmony) is showing the new packages. I haven't checked any of the others farther down the road.

Confused....

I purchased the ultimate drink package last week at 46.00 plus gratuities. I see the deluxe package is 44.00 plus gratuities. Will RC give me a credit or should I call them.

They won't give you a credit. Just cancel the Ultimate and rebook the Deluxe.