Christmas Trees for sale

lazey1

I just read on one of the roll calls that Holland America offers 2 different sized decorated Christmas trees for sale for you to enjoy in your cabins on Holiday sailings. They are not listed in the indulgences. Does anyone know the approximate price of the trees?

If anyone has photos of the trees please post them here and share.

Hi Jane -

We have a tree that goes with us every year (it is a million miler in it's own right!) but attached a picture because it is roughly the size of the one available for purchase on the Oosterdam in 2014.

tree.jpg.43b558982eb04f3023524e535902fbfb.jpg

When we did the Christmas cruise on QE2 ten years ago, I went to the dollar store and bought a small (maybe 1 foot high) tree and a few ornaments. I used the various papers that arrived each day as the basis for garland and origami birds to hang on the tree. I think I cut out a few pictures to add to it, too. So by the end of the cruise, it was well decorated. But I didn't bother to take it home.

I bought one of the smaller trees last year for the Prinsendam Holiday cruise. It cost $47.99. It had a battery pack that powered the lights. The tree was between 16 and 18 inches tall and very nicely decorated.

20151219_193839.jpg?w=768

The tree is very pretty. Was it a live tree?

Thank you for starting this thread and thanks to the person who posted the pics. I think the tree is beautiful and much nicer than the tree we ordered on RCCL. I can't imagine a bigger size as this one looks perfect for a small table!

Thanks for starting this thread. After having such an amazing adventure on the Maasdam last month, my wife and I are talking about talking about taking HAL Christmas cruise in the future.

It's good to know we can purchase a small Christmas tree on board for our room. We have been on several Christmas cruises and always enjoy them.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Question for those of you who took your own tree, how on earth did you get it to the ship? Did you put it in your luggage or carry it on? I would think it would take up too much space in luggage and carrying it on....well, what a pain. Just curious how you got it there and what type of shape it was in when you arrived.

I think I'll probably just buy one, since the picture the earlier poster posted was just incredible. It is sooooooooo much nicer than the tree they offered for sale on RCCL in 2013 and I posted that one below.

bd1d8242_c.png

Question for those of you who took your own tree, how on earth did you get it to the ship? Did you put it in your luggage or carry it on? I would think it would take up too much space in luggage and carrying it on....well, what a pain. Just curious how you got it there and what type of shape it was in when you arrived.

I think I'll probably just buy one, since the picture the earlier poster posted was just incredible. It is sooooooooo much nicer than the tree they offered for sale on RCCL in 2013 and I posted that one below.

bd1d8242_c.png

I sailed from NY so it was just a car ride to the port. I had a shopping bag sized gift bag with the tree, the few ornaments, tinsel wreaths for the doors. Also a tin of my homemade Christmas cookies because it simply isn't Christmas morning without them. I bought small stockings, too, so I guess the fillings for DH and Dad's were in the bag, too. (DH had mine in his suitcase) It went through the scanner, no questions asked.

The cookies were a funny thing to bring with us, considering there were cookies set out 24/7, but I wanted my own.

I'm not a big fan of door decorating, but for Christmas, I made an exception. I bought little tinsel wreaths at the dollar store, and taped one to our door and one to Dad's door. When we knocked on the door to meet him to go to dinner, he did a Scrooge scowl at the silly wreath. Then the next day someone in a cabin near his complimented him on the cute wreath and suddenly it was OK. :rolleyes:

I have been on two Christmas Cruises and for me decorating is a must. On the first cruise I took a 3 foot tall tree that I got at target. It helped that I drove to the port and could take on all I wanted.

On the second cruise, I got a large wall cling Christmas tree that worked really well.

I also took garland, other cling holiday art (along with a Nativity scene) and battery powered lights.

Its Christmas, decorate away. If I could, I would do a Christmas cruise every year.

I bought one of the smaller trees last year for the Prinsendam Holiday cruise. It cost $47.99. It had a battery pack that powered the lights. The tree was between 16 and 18 inches tall and very nicely decorated.

20151219_193839.jpg?w=768

Thank you all for posting your information. I am afraid that it would be impossible for me to bring a tree on the plane from Phoenix to Ft. Lauderdale.

I love this photo posted by jaspersmycat (neat Handle there) and have made up my mine to buy one. Now for the next question, did you purchase aboard the Prisendam or did you pre-order through ship services?

Again thank you very much.

Thanks for starting this thread. After having such an amazing adventure on the Maasdam last month, my wife and I are talking about talking about taking HAL Christmas cruise in the future.

It's good to know we can purchase a small Christmas tree on board for our room. We have been on several Christmas cruises and always enjoy them.

Jim and/or Nancy. I was on the Alaska cruise with you and would love to see your photos. The face sheet will open for me (Aug.4 2016 50th Anniversary) but I am unable to get any of the other links to open. I have windows 10 and my operating system is Firefox. Do you have any suggestions how I could open the links?

Thank you all for posting your information. I am afraid that it would be impossible for me to bring a tree on the plane from Phoenix to Ft. Lauderdale.

I love this photo posted by jaspersmycat (neat Handle there) and have made up my mine to buy one. Now for the next question, did you purchase aboard the Prisendam or did you pre-order through ship services?

Again thank you very much.

I called Ship Services to order it. When I got to the cabin it wasn't there yet. I mentioned it to the room steward and it magically appeared whIle I was at dinner.

The ship itself was beautifully decorated with trees on all floors.

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, JudithLynne said:

Is this a live tree?

I think it's more of a branch end. The LED lights don't really generate heat. Fire hazard-wise, it's probably way below wooden hangars and above toilet paper. (I don't know about you, but I willing to risk Charmin.) 

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

I think it's more of a branch end. The LED lights don't really generate heat. Fire hazard-wise, it's probably way below wooden hangars and above toilet paper. (I don't know about you, but I willing to risk Charmin.) 

Sort of tangential, but does this mean I'm allowed to bring a string of LED lights with me to hang up in my cabin? I would love to have something up since I'm sailing the week before Xmas and love decorations, but I had ruled out the old style lights on the assumption that they'd be a fire hazard.