How long can you stay on cruise ship on debarkation day

out of the cabin by 8, 830 and breakfast ends by 9. all other on boards services will be shut down and they will start herding you off immediately afterward.

you can always check to see if the hotel has an open room earlier, housekeeping tends to release the newly cleaned rooms as early as noon to the front desk staff. or put a memo on your reservation that you will be arriving early and perhaps they can set aside a room for you.

Rough estimate would be around 9:30 a.m. They really need you off the ship to get ready the next cruise. You have to be out of your cabin between 8:00 and 8:30. Some passengers may try to stay in their cabin past 8:30, but that's very unfair to the steward. Your cruise is really over the night before. Everyone is leaving. You can have breakfast, usually earlier than normal days, and then leave. There is really nothing else to do. Lots of people and luggage everywhere.

pretty rare that a hotel won't check you in early

On heavy ship days like at PC or PE most cruiser popular hotels are like cruise ships on turnaround day. They need until 3 to get the rooms cleaned. That's been our experience.

We also have had to be off the ship by 9:30.

Edited by Scotty G

We are arriving the day prior to the cruise and our plane lands EARLY, so we will get our transportation, go to the hotel and ask them to store the luggage. We want to change and go lounge out by the pool until check in time (or until they have a room ready). Since we will be buying drinks (and lunch) at the hotel, I'm hoping it won't be a problem.

Trying to stay as late as possible on the ship, to me, is like being put in time out. You can't buy a drink, have a snack at any shop, use the pool...in short, you are in a designated spot on the ship just sitting. Why would anyone choose to be in time out longer than necessary?

We are arriving the day prior to the cruise and our plane lands EARLY, so we will get our transportation, go to the hotel and ask them to store the luggage. We want to change and go lounge out by the pool until check in time (or until they have a room ready). Since we will be buying drinks (and lunch) at the hotel, I'm hoping it won't be a problem.

We have done this many times, just make sure to have your suits in an easy to reach place so you aren't digging through your luggage before staring it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Staying at hotel day of cruise can't check in till 3pm. How long can you stay on cruise ship on debarkation day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can check into a hotel way before 3PM....K.O. As far as debarkation day RCL likes to have the ship cleared no later than 9:30 AM.:) Edited by Thetrail

On heavy ship days like at PC or PE most cruiser popular hotels are like cruise ships on turnaround day. They need until 3 to get the rooms cleaned. That's been our experience.

We also have had to be off the ship by 9:30.

If checked in by noon many, many more times than not

We debarked Oasis this past weekend after 10 am. We were out of our rooms by 8:30, and Windjammer closed up around 9 am (we were able to sit a while longer, but no one new was allowed to enter).

The nice thing about being on the ship was that we were able to tour around the suites, but everything was closed up. It was raining out, so we weren't even able to sit outside.

Around 10 or 10:15 they announced that everyone was cleared for debarkation. Our hotel only allowed check in at 3, but we arrived early, and they had a room for us around 12:30 or so.

Please leave as soon as possible. We did a B2B on jewel in April and were made to stand for over an hour on deck 2 while ship security had to search and find a group of 9 guests that decided to linger past 9:30. We were supposed to have our turnaround at 9:45 and it was almost 11 before we were able to get checked in. The poor room attendants only had 15 min break to grab lunch before their afternoon guests and duties. Very inconsiderate to all ship staff and new guests to stay past your luggage number. Leave by 9:00 if all numbers have been called!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If checked in by noon many, many more times than not

You've been fortunate. Sometimes I've been able to check in early, sometimes I've had to wait. Last February stayed at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach wasn't able to check in til 4:15 as they were totally sold out scampering to get rooms ready.

Staying at hotel day of cruise can't check in till 3pm.

You can almost certainly drop bags off and do part of the checkin process FAR earlier than 3pm. Don't expect a room until 3+, but you likely do not have to hang around the lobby doing nothing until 3.

You've been fortunate. Sometimes I've been able to check in early, sometimes I've had to wait. Last February stayed at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach wasn't able to check in til 4:15 as they were totally sold out scampering to get rooms ready.

There was either a miscommunication OR you got one of the very few hotels that won't let people do any part of the checkin process early. From 2009 to early this year DH traveled the world for work half the year, and encountered exactly two hotels that wouldn't let him do anything until official checkin time. All others allow part of all of the process, and would let him stash his bags with their Bell Services or luggage dept.

Don't expect a room (you saying that they wouldn't let you "check in" because they were totally sold out tells me they thought you wanted a room early) but you should almost certainly be able to leave bags and do at least part of the process earlier!

There was a late departure programme on our Splendour Dubai cruise. You could stay on board until two hours prior to ships departure.

I guess it was because the ship had ported in Dubai the night before and a lot of the turnaround work had been already done.

It was expensive from memory and can't think it would be enjoyable waiting to go home and mixing with the excited newbies just starting their holiday.

Edited by Tin can

There was a late departure programme on our Splendour Dubai cruise. You could stay on board until two hours prior to ships departure.

I guess it was because the ship had ported in Dubai the night before and a lot of the turnaround work had been already done.

It was expensive from memory and can't think it would be enjoyable waiting to go home and mixing with the excited newbies just starting their holiday.

We did the late departure on our Dubai cruise a few years ago. I didn't think the price was too bad ($35 per person I believe) but it was very odd seeing the new pax come on board as we were getting ready for the long trip home! Still was better than sitting at the airport for hours on end.

In my experience, the ship the morning of debarkation isn't a pleasant place to remain. No one wants you there, they want you off. Even if you could, I would want to leave too. I agree with the time out comment...

Totally agree. They have great skill at making you still feel welcome but clearly not. Once I have had breakfast I want to be off.

If we want to take advantage of getting on board as early as possible to enjoy our cruise, then we have to extend the same courtesy to those waiting to embark as we are disembarking. It's only fair to end your cruise so others can start theirs. Passenger who lag on board make it more difficult for the staff to turn the ship around for the next passengers. If worse came to worse, we'd find a coffee shop or restaurant and drag our luggage along until we could check it in. Again, most hotels will secure your luggage until your room is ready.

Thank you so much for all the feedback. Staying at the Sheraton old San juan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Call and see if you can leave your luggage before you check in, that way you can have fun in San Juan rather than sitting on board the ship just waiting.

I am guessing most hotels are able to accommodate this request, we recently did this at a hotel in Copenhagen - they had a locked room and a whole system with tags etc. for luggage being stored.