Princess 2018 long cruises

MaudeLou

Here's one on the Golden Princess. March-April 2018. B2B2B Melbourne or Adelaide or Perth to Singapore; 13n Singapore to Tokyo; 23n Tokyo to Vancouver including Japan and Alaska.

We're on the last leg, which is already heavily booked. Almost 50 nights all up from Melbourne. One flight.

You can download the new cruise atlas. This link was posted on the main Princess board.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pd...as-2016-17.pdf

Elite pax are supposed to receive the atlas annually, but we Orstralians rarely do. I generally have to ring Princess Captains Circle @ North Sydney for a copy. Looking at 14 day Baltic cruises from/to Southampton May or June 2018 to coincide with a niece's wedding in Pommy Land.

Edited by NSWP

Australians/NZers have to ask for it.

Yes Sarah, we are on the end of the Princess Food Chain. We get ye olde Sun Class Tubs, no Elite Lounge, no 'Gun Crews' poor entertainers, inferior tucker, fewer 'deals', no access to Princess Insurance, no 'Sip and Sail promos and so it goes on, sob. Having done a couple of Princess cruises from OZ, (Sun P and Dawn P) I am done and dusted with them, no comparison to the overseas based or 'American Princess ships' as I call them. The North Americans would not cop ours.

Aah, I feel better now.

Edited by NSWP

Yes Sarah, we are on the end of the Princess Food Chain. We get ye olde Sun Class Tubs, no Elite Lounge, no 'Gun Crews' poor entertainers, inferior tucker, fewer 'deals', no access to Princess Insurance, no 'Sip and Sail promos and so it goes on, sob. Having done a couple of Princess cruises from OZ, (Sun P and Dawn P) I am done and dusted with them, no comparison to the overseas based or 'American Princess ships' as I call them. The North Americans would not cop ours.

Aah, I feel better now.

I have felt the same way for years and have always said it about those ships. Princess is also like a home away from home. You get used to certain things on the menu, certain drinks and when the ships are based here they take away all the Princess classics like New York Cheesecake from the always available dessert menu and replace it with a garbage pavlova thinking this is what we Australians want. No it is not what we Australians want. We want the same that we expect to get on a Princess ship when we fly around the world to join a cruise.

I am waiting for the day for Princess to finally be rid of the entire Sun class. They have had their day.

I like the golden princess class ships and those above.

I don't think I would return to the sun class ships unless the itinerary was something really special. But never say never.

Yeah being denied the sip and sail promo got my goat up too.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would drag this one back up ....and redeployment is being discussed on the main Princess board, but maiinly where the US based ships will go.

Having a look around the Port schedules for Sydney, Darwin, and Melbourne October 2018 - April 2019.

My prediction is Diamond from Asia via Freemantle/Melbourne to Sydney Nov 2018.

Sapphire from Asia via Darwin to Sydney in October 2018

Golden from US/Vancouver via Hawaii, a couple of cruises from Sydney then based in Melbourne October 2018. Golden returns to Vancouver via Asia and Alaska in 2018 so thinking it will do the Alaska season there then head here in October 2018

There are random bookings for Emerald, but they slot into the Sapphire ones to make likely cruise lenth itineraries.

Any thoughts? Lets hope by then one of them stays for our off season:rolleyes:

Edited by cheznandy

Just thought I would drag this one back up ....and redeployment is being discussed on the main Princess board, but maiinly where the US based ships will go.

Having a look around the Port schedules for Sydney, Darwin, and Melbourne October 2018 - April 2019.

My prediction is Diamond from Asia via Freemantle/Melbourne to Sydney Nov 2018.

Sapphire from Asia via Darwin to Sydney in October 2018

Golden from US/Vancouver via Hawaii, a couple of cruises from Sydney then based in Melbourne October 2018. Golden returns to Vancouver via Asia and Alaska in 2018 so thinking it will do the Alaska season there then head here in October 2018

There are random bookings for Emerald, but they slot into the Sapphire ones to make likely cruise lenth itineraries.

Any thoughts? Lets hope by then one of them stays for our off season:rolleyes:

I think Princess are juggling a lot of their 2018 schedules already judging by the talk on Princess CC. Don't rush into 2018 cruises too quickly, they might be changed. Happened to us once a few years ago., we booked Costa Atlantica USA/Canada (Miami to Quebec City) and booked precruise hotels/airfares. 6 months out Costa (Carnival Corp) redeployed the ship to the Med because of almost zero sales. We got our cruise deposit back but lost $4000 on airfares. Travel Insurance did not pay out on airfares due to ship 'redeployments.' Airline did not refund either.

So my advice is look at the fine print on your travel insurance re claims in the event of cruise ship redeployments.

Edited by NSWP

• 1 month later...

Princess' 2018 World Cruise has been posted for some time now. Yesterday the 2018 Mediterranean cruises came online. (I'm using princess.com) But I still haven't seen a 2018 Circle Pacific. Am I overlooking it? Does anyone know anything about it?