Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

How do you figure Freedom - Bayonne summer - The ship will just be returning to Ft Lauderdale on May 6 2018 from a previous cruise. Why wouldn't it just be doing Grand Cayman from Ft Lauderdale? I would love if they have Freedom doing the itinerary that was originally planned for Rhapsody Repos that was cancelled.

Edit: I just saw the schedule and see where Freedom stops sailing to Grand Cayman in May and doesn't return until October. It would be nice having a second ship in Bayonne, but Freedom could be going somewhere else too.

Freedom is coming to either Bayonne or Boston. The port of Portland, ME had 2018 schedule up a few months ago (has since removed) and it had Freedom calling there several times over the summer. Still had Anthem and Grandeur on there too. Appears Freedom will take over the Rhapsody summer schedule for 2018.

Freedom is coming to either Bayonne or Boston. The port of Portland, ME had 2018 schedule up a few months ago (has since removed) and it had Freedom calling there several times over the summer. Still had Anthem and Grandeur on there too. Appears Freedom will take over the Rhapsody summer schedule for 2018.

Sadly the cruise list has been removed for 2018, but indeed Freedom did appear there for several months in 2018.

Could be that Freedom overtakes Vision's Canada/NE itineraries, but if RCCL follows the same pattern in 2018 as in 2017, I'd rather speculate on Brilliance taking over such longer cruises up to Quebec, since she seems to spend her summer season out of Amsterdam in 2018 (as Vision in 2017), and after that taking a TA up to C. Liberty (as Vision in 2017).

So either Freedom sails some 7 night runs from NYC or Boston, or doing some Bermuda runs including Portland and Boston, maybe.

Empress of the Seas appears to have been re-deployed to Tampa and will offer Cuba sailings from Tampa.

The April 19th sailing from Miami will now include Havana and will be the first sailing.

Empress will make a one night move to Tampa on April 29th and will sail on a Cuba sailing on April 30th.

Hi everyone.

Very interested in the Empress of the Seas Cuba sailings.

I know noone really knows at this stage, but some of you guys on here are very good with your predictions ... will the sailings be 7 nights or shorter and will the itinerary just repeat, or will it change slightly allowing for back to back cruises?

Thanks.

The only clues so far are that Empress will do a 4 night sailing on the 25th of May and will then do a 5 night sailing on the 29th of May.

After that the ship appears to vary itinerary and may offer B2B possibilities throughout the summer and early fall.

The ship still appears to be heading back to Miami for November departures, but that is always subject to change.

Empress will begin her sailings including a stop in Havanna on April 19 from Miami a 5 night sailing.

She will then reposition from Miami on April 29 to Tampa and then depart Tampa to begin a 7 night sailing on April 30 with stops in Havanna, Belize and Cozumel.

The new listings for Cuba are now on the RCI website.

The speculated sailings on the 25th and 29th of May would follow the sailings on the website.

Disappointing in my humble opinion... only 6-8 hours in Havana doesn't do it justice for me personally. I remember in the 16-17 Deployment thread when you found placeholders in Havana for overnighters (ie. Hanana x2, Nassau, 2 sea days) and I was really hoping this could be the case again. I'm really starting to look hard into the 7-day Celestyal Cruises

Disappointing in my humble opinion... only 6-8 hours in Havana doesn't do it justice for me personally. I remember in the 16-17 Deployment thread when you found placeholders in Havana for overnighters (ie. Hanana x2, Nassau, 2 sea days) and I was really hoping this could be the case again. I'm really starting to look hard into the 7-day Celestyal Cruises

I think the Southwest flights from Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale are sounding tempting.

As they must continue with the general premise of 'People to People' sailings to get the approval by the US I am guessing they decided not to overnight as was planned.

As they must continue with the general premise of 'People to People' sailings to get the approval by the US I am guessing they decided not to overnight as was planned.

Ah yes, good point...

On another note, just an fyi regarding cost/value for Canadian to Cuba... I just quickly pulled up Air Transat, a Canadian based carrier:

7 nights to either Havana or Veradero, on the beach, all inclusive, all taxes in, non-stop return flights and 4 1/2 star resort for $1300 per person.... Canadian dollars. :eek:

RCI has now confirmed that the move to Tampa is for the summer season and that Empress will offer a series of 4 and 5 night sailings including Cuba calls.

It will be interesting to see if they are able to book any other ports in Cuba other than just Havana.

Azamara has confirmed only one sailing in March and the ship will overnight in Havana following a 2 night stay in New Orleans on a 'Hemmingway' sailing.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/16101-empress-of-the-seas-to-move-to-tampa-for-cuba-cruises.html

Ovation Sydney Schedule:

12 Dec 2018

13 Jan 2019

2 Feb 2019

14 Feb 2019

She is on the Dunedin schedule on 10 March 2019 but only appears at Sydney from 12 Dec to the 14 Feb 2019?

She then appears on the 5th April 2019 at Hong Kong. Will she be skipping Sydney on her repositioning cruise to Hong kong?

I'm thinking a one way cruise to Auckland, and a one way cruise back from Auckland. Its either that or Sydney port isn't updated yet.

2019/2020 I guess she will be doing the same thing as well.

Edited by WaveSplasher

The only clues so far are that Empress will do a 4 night sailing on the 25th of May and will then do a 5 night sailing on the 29th of May.

After that the ship appears to vary itinerary and may offer B2B possibilities throughout the summer and early fall.

The ship still appears to be heading back to Miami for November departures, but that is always subject to change.

Thank you.

It is actually November time I am looking at, so interesting you mention she may head back to Miami.

I will watch out for updates.

Thanks again.

Updated, 2018-19 Summer / Winter Deployment predictions

Deployment confirmed to great degree.

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Allure, Port Everglades year-round

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Brilliance, European deployment, Amsterdam 12N (returns to Tampa 5/4/5N)

Empress, Cuba/Western , (Tampa summer) / Miami winter

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port / Sydney

Freedom, winter Port Everglades (Eastern/Western)

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Indy, European deployment, Southampton / Port Everglades

Jewel, European deployment Civitavecchia home-port / San Juan

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, Shanghai / Singapore.

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton / Miami ABC southern

Oasis, year-round Port Canaveral

Ovation, Asia/Pacific , (Beijing) / Sydney / Hong Kong

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port / Sydney

Rhapsody, European deployment, Venice home-port. / Tampa

Serenade, European deployment, Copenhagen / Port Everglades

Vision, European deployment, Barcelona 12N sailings

Voyager, Hong Kong / Sydney

Deployment Likely * (not fully confirmed with port bookings or press release)

Empress, Tampa summer 2018

Harmony, year-round Port Everglades deployment

Ovation, China Beijing deployment.

Speculated deployment * (based on lack of port bookings, media sources, previous port bookings...)

Freedom, Bayonne summer (Grand Cayman call 8 May 2018 for Repo return 23 October at Grand Cayman)

Harmony, summer new itineraries / summer home port? Europe?

Oasis IV - Spring release Barcelona summer season /

with late Autumn release direct to year-round Miami home port.

Vision, return to Galveston (NOLA ..)

Both Dubai/Abu Dhabi and Buenos Aires have been reported trying to give incentives to RCI to return with sailings. (Azamara booked at MSC's private island Sir Bani Yas, United Arab Emirates )

Updated, 2018-19 Summer / Winter Deployment predictions

Deployment confirmed to great degree.

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Allure, Port Everglades year-round

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Brilliance, European deployment, Amsterdam 12N (returns to Tampa 5/4/5N)

Empress, Cuba/Western , (Tampa summer) / Miami winter

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port / Sydney

Freedom, winter Port Everglades (Eastern/Western)

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Indy, European deployment, Southampton / Port Everglades

Jewel, European deployment Civitavecchia home-port / San Juan

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, Shanghai / Singapore.

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton / Miami ABC southern

Oasis, year-round Port Canaveral

Ovation, Asia/Pacific , (Beijing) / Sydney / Hong Kong

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port / Sydney

Rhapsody, European deployment, Venice home-port. / Tampa

Serenade, European deployment, Copenhagen / Port Everglades

Vision, European deployment, Barcelona 12N sailings

Voyager, Hong Kong / Sydney

Deployment Likely * (not fully confirmed with port bookings or press release)

Empress, Tampa summer 2018

Harmony, year-round Port Everglades deployment

Ovation, China Beijing deployment.

Speculated deployment * (based on lack of port bookings, media sources, previous port bookings...)

Freedom, Bayonne summer (Grand Cayman call 8 May 2018 for Repo return 23 October at Grand Cayman)

Harmony, summer new itineraries / summer home port? Europe?

Oasis IV - Spring release Barcelona summer season /

with late Autumn release direct to year-round Miami home port.

Vision, return to Galveston (NOLA ..)

Both Dubai/Abu Dhabi and Buenos Aires have been reported trying to give incentives to RCI to return with sailings. (Azamara booked at MSC's private island Sir Bani Yas, United Arab Emirates )

Harmony Back in Europe ??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For sure there must be one big ship doing the 7 night Med cruise out of Barcelona, either Freedom again or one of the existing Oasis class.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would agree that there will be a Freedom or Oasis Class ship placed at Barcelona. What is interesting is that there are currently no port bookings indicating which ship that may be.

With NCL taking their Norwegian Getaway into the Baltic and with overnight stays in central Stockholm, it is also a bit surprising that RCI is not upping its offer in the region in some way for 2018.

I am guessing that the Amsterdam Brilliance 12 night sailings may enhance the offering in the region somewhat.

I would agree that there will be a Freedom or Oasis Class ship placed at Barcelona. What is interesting is that there are currently no port bookings indicating which ship that may be.

With NCL taking their Norwegian Getaway into the Baltic and with overnight stays in central Stockholm, it is also a bit surprising that RCI is not upping its offer in the region in some way for 2018.

I am guessing that the Amsterdam Brilliance 12 night sailings may enhance the offering in the region somewhat.

Actually there is one evidence for Palma de Mallorca: http://www.portsdebalears.com/es/buques-en-puerto

At the moment, every Monday "Oasis of the Seas" is reported @Palma de Mallorca throughout the summer season 2018.

She seems to be a placeholder for Oasis IV or Harmony, I cannot imagine RCCL is deploying the "original" Oasis here in Europe.

And the passive evidence is that no huge ship (Freedom/Oasis/Quantum Class) is reported WEEKLY at French Riviera, only huge ships are Indy and Navi being reported there occasionally.

Further RCCL ships listed @Frech Riviera (Cannes, Nice) are Vision, Jewel and Rhapsody.

Edited by shipfriend_max

Actually there is one evidence for Palma de Mallorca: http://www.portsdebalears.com/es/buques-en-puerto

At the moment, every Monday "Oasis of the Seas" is reported @Palma de Mallorca throughout the summer season 2018.

She seems to be a placeholder for Oasis IV or Harmony, I cannot imagine RCCL is deploying the "original" Oasis here in Europe.

That is good to know. I wonder if you are seeing that as you are in Europe. I use the same site frequently, of course. I am in the USA now and had usually been based out of Europe.

When I try to put in a 2018 date, the calendar reverts back to a "Hasta : 31/12/2017" search date and will not allow access to any bookings for 2018 at the moment.

The Riviera ports were all reporting already when I started this thread.