Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Anthem didn't go down well with the Brits. I don't know how many times it has to be said!

Would not welcome another Q in Southampton, sorry.

I'm genuinely curious why you seem so set on the idea that the UK hated Anthem. Quantum Class ships have gotten mixed reviews no matter their home port. Granted, I'm not from the UK, so maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't recall a trend of the UK hating Anthem. Add me to the list of people saying that Oasis Class ships are in no way suited for cruises out of Southampton, and if you're ever getting a new ship, it'll be a Quantum Class.

I'm genuinely curious why you seem so set on the idea that the UK hated Anthem. Quantum Class ships have gotten mixed reviews no matter their home port. Granted, I'm not from the UK, so maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't recall a trend of the UK hating Anthem. Add me to the list of people saying that Oasis Class ships are in no way suited for cruises out of Southampton, and if you're ever getting a new ship, it'll be a Quantum Class.

It is only a few posters that repeat this. They think because they liked Independence better every Britt hates the Quantum ships.

It is only a few posters that repeat this. They think because they liked Independence better every Britt hates the Quantum ships.

Go to the review page on this site and filter down on departure port. The reviews for Anthem are far lower than Independence or Navigator.

That said they are not much better form the US for Anthem either.

I keep thinking about sailing Anthem and still can't make up my mind

Go to the review page on this site and filter down on departure port. The reviews for Anthem are far lower than Independence or Navigator.

That said they are not much better form the US for Anthem either.

I keep thinking about sailing Anthem and still can't make up my mind

But at a certain time I think also the ships in Southampton need to be swapped?

Okay, maybe Indy will be kept and Navi doing something else, but surely it's not going to happen in 2018, both Navi and Indy seem to sail from Southampton.

I can repeat Anthem might have had a difficult debut season in Southampton since in the same year Britannia entered the market which was more successful than Anthem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by shipfriend_max

If they were to bring back a Q to the UK, maybe they should add some more features such as Waterslides, and add some Ice to the SeaPlex?

Also, have less stateroom only decks (one of my least favourite things on the Anthem) and a full promenade, rather than that odd Royal Esplanade. Then, I would be more sold. But, give me Oasis Class any day!

If they were to bring back a Q to the UK, maybe they should add some more features such as Waterslides, and add some Ice to the SeaPlex?

Also, have less stateroom only decks (one of my least favourite things on the Anthem) and a full promenade, rather than that odd Royal Esplanade. Then, I would be more sold. But, give me Oasis Class any day!

I'm sorry, but seriously?

I understand the desire for waterslides, and Promenade versus Esplanade is a fair argument. But ice in SeaPlex? What is wrong with the roller skating? And no "stateroom only" decks? That's how you pick what ship you like? How does that impact your enjoyment of the ship?

Seems to me like you're really fishing for reasons to hate Anthem, or you just hate change. Enjoy Indy.

Anthem didn't go down well with the Brits. I don't know how many times it has to be said!

Would not welcome another Q in Southampton, sorry.

Not all Brits [emoji846]

We loved Anthem out of Southampton.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I understand the desire for waterslides, and Promenade versus Esplanade is a fair argument. But ice in SeaPlex? What is wrong with the roller skating? And no "stateroom only" decks? That's how you pick what ship you like? How does that impact your enjoyment of the ship?

Seems to me like you're really fishing for reasons to hate Anthem, or you just hate change. Enjoy Indy.

If it were feasible to ice up the seaplex, I think it would be a wonderful addition to a quantum class ship. I would prefer the opportunity to see an ice show than all the roller skating and bumper cars in the world! When we were on Anthem I never did see the seaplex in use, I thought it was a temendous waste of space.

Not all Brits [emoji846]

We loved Anthem out of Southampton.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yeah - there are at least two of us then?![emoji6]

Am I wrong in saying that anthem sailed full on every sailing out of Southampton ?

We were on a 2 week cruise and I spoke to a lady who regularly sailed independence. I asked her what she thought of anthem - she said the first week she wasn't sure - it was just so different. But by the second week she was thoroughly enjoying the ship - she said it was a matter of putting independence out of your mind and enjoying anthem for the different experience it offered .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If it were feasible to ice up the seaplex, I think it would be a wonderful addition to a quantum class ship. I would prefer the opportunity to see an ice show than all the roller skating and bumper cars in the world! When we were on Anthem I never did see the seaplex in use, I thought it was a temendous waste of space.

Understood, but is that a good reason to hate the Quanutm Class?

I actually thought the Bumper Cars were a great addition and would like them to have it in Studio B on the Oasis Class. SeaPlex wasn't a "waste of space" at all, although ice skating is much easier than roller skating IMO.

If you see my signature, I haven't been on Indy for 4.5 years. My ship of choice has been Oasis Class for a while now.

I never said "no stateroom only decks", I said "less" of them, as it made the ship feel smaller, with less actual space to walk around. I prefer the Neighbourhood concept on Oasis Class where it is more spread out. Wouldn't work on Anthem, but I would prefer a "central hub", and less decks which have nothing on them. Anthem is a big ship, but you can see all the main spaces within an hour of walking.

BTW: I don't "hate" Anthem, I just felt it deviated too much from the RCI experience, and prefer Oasis/Freedom/Voyager Class.

I think Oasis deviates a lot from Freedom and Voyager. There are a lot of folks that won't sail Oasis because it doesn't fit their idea of a cruise ship

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It definitely does, but the basic idea stems from the Voyager/Freedom design and is then built on.

Of course, Oasis is too big for some people (not me), but if they like Voyager and Freedom, they will be impressed with Oasis.

Quantum is completely different, so it's anyone's guess what Icon will bring to the table.

I'm sure that they could put ice up there (Aida just added it to one of their ships on an upper deck) the bigger issue would be to put in 1000 seats for people to view the ice show.

I think Oasis deviates a lot from Freedom and Voyager. There are a lot of folks that won't sail Oasis because it doesn't fit their idea of a cruise ship

Count us in for that one! O-class is just a carnival of a ship and Carnival does a much better job of doing that on a ship!:D

O-class sucks!

That put aside because of the layout and "features" O-class will never be stationary in Europe - as they will not be able to fill and use it in the fall, winter and spring.

Edited by germanfflyer

We prefer the Quantum class to the Oasis class - but we would rather do Voyager and Radiance class - that being said - there is enough variety to meet everyone's wishes!

Carnival Corp. announced that Fathom Cruise Line will cease operations in June of 2017. They will no longer offer sailings to Cuba. The 'Fathom Experience" had already been announced for offer on other Carnival Corp. lines starting next year and will focus only on enhanced shore excursion experiences. The ship will return to Carnival's P&O line.

While RCI had announced Empress sailings through April of 2017, it appears that Empress is being pulled from the current itineraries after the current release.

Port bookings at Key West have been retracted following the current last published sailing.

Bookings remain from November of 2017 at Key West.

It has been difficult to find other port bookings yet for Empress. Where or if Empress is being redeployed is unclear.

It is unlikely that RCI will offer Cuba sailings in the near future. This could be expected with some of the events of the last month.

Edited by MADflyer

Indy and Navigator are definitly in Southampton for 2018. 2019 Southampton will be getting a different ship and its a Q Class (source - my firend who works at ABP Southampton). Also Oasis 4 and 5 will launch from Southampton.

Fingers crossed your source is correct!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app