Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Explorer of the Seas and Radiance of the Seas are both booked already for their May 2018 transits back to Vancouver and Seattle via Hawaii ports.

They both transit Hawaii in the first week of May of 2018.

The November transit back has not yet been booked with Hawaii ports for both ships.

Yes, I looked at this one with the thought of booking but there really isn't much left at all. I'll try to jump on the Oct (?) 2018 when it's released.

Back to Europe?

That is the logical conclusion. Harmony was very successful in Europe this year. The other factor to take into account is that oasis 4 is due to launch in spring 2018 and normally that would mean a first summer season in Europe? Any chance they would base 2 oasis class ships in Europe together? Not sure what's going on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That is the logical conclusion. Harmony was very successful in Europe this year. The other factor to take into account is that oasis 4 is due to launch in spring 2018 and normally that would mean a first summer season in Europe? Any chance they would base 2 oasis class ships in Europe together? Not sure what's going on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

1 in Barcelona & 1 Southampton.....happening 2 years earlier than I predicted :)

Before we see 2 Oasis Class ships in Europe we will see at least one based in Asia.

Normally in 2019 and 2020 Oasis and Allure need to visit Europe again for their dry docks which could be combined with a full summer season

Harmony back to Europe would not make any sense at all logistically...[emoji848]

She is already in the Caribbean, and Oasis 4 constructed in Europe, so she should serve on Europe cruises in 2018.

The reason why Harmony might not be listed at SXM might just be an itinerary change.

Some seasons ago for Allure and Oasis there have also been such changes, where one port was replaced by another.

And sorry, Oasis from Southampton is pretty unlikely. IMHO those ships are just for good and warm weather, and the Europe sailings from Southampton do not fulfil such needs.

Especially in the Atlantic Ocean, and the fjords, there's too much inclement weather, and I also think several ports are not capable for Oasis class ships.

If a new ship class comes to Southampton, Quantum class at best...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by shipfriend_max

• 3 weeks later...

With Norwegian's recent announcement that the brand new Norwegian Bliss will be sailing her 2018 inaugural season from Seattle to Alaska, it got me wondering if Royal would feel the need to improve their offerings. I wonder if they would ever consider sending Ovation to Alaska in lieu of Explorer. Not sure if they would be willing to give up her China season though.

Just putting this out there for the sake of discussion. :cool:

Harmony of the Seas is not booked in 2018 between 24 April and 13 November at St Maarten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did book Harmony for April 7, 2018 Eastern Caribbean.

.............which is NOT between April 24 & November 13.

Indy and Navigator are confirmed to be the ships heading back to Southampton for 2018. They have booked the TA, MED, Western and Baltic ports.

I also see Navigator and Independence listed at Gibraltar, Funchal or Geiranger.

But which Baltic port do you mean? Where did you see one listed in Baltics in 2018?

Ovation or Quantum for Alaska are still a little unlikely IMHO, even the signs were created in Chinese for catering for those guests.

Maybe in 2019 with the new Quantum-Class ship it could happen.

For Europe the ships are mostly clear, except Brilliance. Any news about her?

My money is on Amsterdam or Venice.

Others in Europe should be: Oasis 4, Indy, Navigator, Jewel, Serenade, Vision, Rhapsody.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by shipfriend_max

• 3 weeks later...

Phew - Finally home from 26 days - pre-cruise in London - S. England - Barcelona and 13 Days TA on Harmony -

Still looking for late summer - early fall cruises 2018 - HOPEFULLY Copenhagen TA through Iceland and preceding Norwegian Fjords

Besides the usual laundry - and unpacking - I now have 12 CC Roll Calls to read and catch up on for today - oh yes - let's not forget all the TV shows that were Tivo'd to watch -

I love cruising and vacation - but coming home is a blessing and curse -

Thank you God for the traveling mercies - protecting our home and family while we were gone!

_______

• 2 weeks later...