Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Do you?:confused:

How can anybody seriously suggest an O-class ship for Europe?

Size and set-up would not work with ports and weather!

UK will be lucky if they can keep 1 smaller ship - once the Brexit financial troubles hit them....IMHO

I think we will see a major expansion in Barcelona for many reasons - much better port for logistics anyway!

Edited by germanfflyer

UK will be lucky if they can keep 1 smaller ship - once the Brexit financial troubles hit them....IMHO

I think we will see a major expansion in Barcelona for many reasons - much better port for logistics anyway!

I guess we shall see......as we shall with Brexit too:roll eyes:

Bit confused isn't Barcelona in Europe? :)

Surely Anthem was badly received in the UK because it wasn't fully finished and many of the advertised features were not available, or was that Harmony. Can't remember which but the problems caused Royal a huge amount of negative press here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

It was Harmony that got the bad press.

Anthem sold well but the reviews on this website and others were not inspiring. Dint really get any press coverage.

As mentioned above most of the negativity was linked with dynamic dining.

Mind you neither did Britannia(P&O) get fantastic reviews

Do you all think that Oasis will stay in Port Canaveral? Im seriously thinking doing Disney a few days in August 2018 wih an Oasis cruise after. I dont care if Oasis or Allure but want to sail one of them since Oasis came out.

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you all think that Oasis will stay in Port Canaveral? Im seriously thinking doing Disney a few days in August 2018 wih an Oasis cruise after. I dont care if Oasis or Allure but want to sail one of them since Oasis came out.

Thanks so much!

Without a doubt one Oasis class ship will be in Port Canaveral.

Thanks so much!

Don't know for sure, but RC has had a ship in PC year round for 7-day cruises for many years now, and I would bet Oasis has at least few years there.

Edited by clarea

Thanks so much!

I think a Freedom or Oasis class will be there. I would suspect Oasis will be there for several years.

Thanks so much all! Ive sailed all the classes with exception of Oasis and Anthem. Would prefer Oasis even though Anthem is in my back door and can get to the port in 20 minutes. Cant wait for the bookings to open!

O-Class out of Barcelona was selling well, but I also really doubt to have one of those ships out of UK. The reasons for that i have been mentioning above.

But I'd reckon to have Oasis 4 sailing out of Barcelona in 2018.

On the Transatlantic crossings of those ships it was mentioned they are not the best ships for stormy weathers, which can also occur on sailings from Southampton.

Maybe Quantum-class deserves a second chance to sail from Southampton sooner or later. In 2019, when the next one of this class debutes, this class of ships is established in the cruise market, more or less, and maybe the problems at the beginning are fixed than. See the dining concept.

Any new ports for 2017 or 2018? Or ports that were not visited for awhile? Dominican Republic for example?

(Aside from the potential Cuba which IMO will no longer happen)

I cruise for ports not for ships so I would like to see if anything new pops up.

Edited by jamesboat

Really???:eek:

I would see FAR more similarities between Indy and Anthem!

Oasis is not fit for an European market because of the sunshine weather set up - IMHO!

We sailed on the Allure TA last year and found it far too crowded in the bad weather days. I found Anthem to be a much better design for inclement weather sailings.

O-Class out of Barcelona was selling well, but I also really doubt to have one of those ships out of UK. The reasons for that i have been mentioning above.

But I'd reckon to have Oasis 4 sailing out of Barcelona in 2018.

On the Transatlantic crossings of those ships it was mentioned they are not the best ships for stormy weathers, which can also occur on sailings from Southampton.

Maybe Quantum-class deserves a second chance to sail from Southampton sooner or later. In 2019, when the next one of this class debutes, this class of ships is established in the cruise market, more or less, and maybe the problems at the beginning are fixed than. See the dining concept.

They should test an Oasis Class on the British market before another Quantum Class. IMO, if they bring back a Q Class, they need two other ships in the UK, as Q Class isn't really RCI at all.

They should test an Oasis Class on the British market before another Quantum Class. IMO, if they bring back a Q Class, they need two other ships in the UK, as Q Class isn't really RCI at all.

They ddid, more or less...

Before sailing from Barcelona, Harmony has spend a mini season out of Southampton, including a longer sailing around Europe to Barcelona.

On top of that, it was possible to sail from Southampton on Oasis' TA sailing from Europe back to Florida.

I don't know how well it was selling.

They ddid, more or less...

Before sailing from Barcelona, Harmony has spend a mini season out of Southampton, including a longer sailing around Europe to Barcelona.

On top of that, it was possible to sail from Southampton on Oasis' TA sailing from Europe back to Florida.

I don't know how well it was selling.

And we learnt how boring this itineraries have been on an Oasis class ship: 7 days from Suthampton to Barcelona with two stops (Vigo and Malaga I believe) and 4 sea days. Same in North Europe, only Rotterdam was able to handle her size.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And we learnt how boring this itineraries have been on an Oasis class ship: 7 days from Suthampton to Barcelona with two stops (Vigo and Malaga I believe) and 4 sea days. Same in North Europe, only Rotterdam was able to handle her size.

This is why I cant see myself ever sailing on an O-class. The itineraries are just too boring.

We were on the Harmony from Southampton to Barcelona in May and speaking to one of the senior crew he said they would never put an Oasis class in Southampton again because they just aren't set up for bad weather. They had a bit of a disaster with the short 3 and 4 nights ones in April. As people here have said, they get very crowded inside the ship as there is no shelter for anything outside in poor weather.

I'm of the opinion that quantum 4 or 5 will be deployed to Southampton . Their design copes well with bad weather ( enclosed solarium , indoor pool with retractable roof etc ).

We have sailed on anthem and ovation from Southampton and on harmony from Barcelona . Thoroughly enjoyed all of them but for us quantum class edges it - I think anthem had poor reviews primarily because of dynamic dining and also because it was very different to "Indy" - the UK's favorite ship. Dynamic dining has gone away and ovation has had much better reviews - the kinks are more or less worked out.

We look forward to some interesting itineraries from Southampton on quantum 4!

You sound like the New Yorkers that want Explorer back.:rolleyes:

Suppose so. :D

I don't dislike these ships, I just don't see the appeal and while I was glad I tried Anthem (there was some great things about the ship), I'll stick to my beloved Oasis Class in the future.

Edited by Joe12