Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Here is a summary of deployment. I am sure there are a couple of errors. Many ports are not reporting this season yet.

2018-19 Summer / Winter Deployment predictions

Deployment confirmed to great degree.

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Allure, Port Everglades year-round

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Brilliance, European deployment, Amsterdam 12N (returns to Tampa 5/4/5N)

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port / Sydney

Freedom, winter Port Everglades (Eastern/Western)

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Indy, European deployment, Southampton / Port Everglades

Jewel, European deployment Civitavecchia home-port / San Juan

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, Shanghai / Singapore.

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton / Miami ABC southern

Oasis, year-round Port Canaveral

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port / Sydney

Rhapsody, European deployment, Venice home-port. / Tampa

Serenade, European deployment, Copenhagen / Port Everglades

Vision, European deployment, Barcelona 12N sailings

Voyager, Hong Kong / Sydney

Deployment Likely

Empress, winter Miami (Western)

Harmony, year-round Port Everglades deployment

Ovation, China Beijing deployment.

Speculated deployment

Empress, Cuba sailings from November 2017??

Freedom, Bayonne summer (Grand Cayman call 8 May 2018 for Repo return 23 October at Grand Cayman)

Harmony, summer new itineraries / summer home port? Europe?

Oasis IV - Spring release Barcelona summer season /

with late Autumn release direct to year-round Miami home port.

Ovation - Sydney? Ship not showing at Sydney for 2019, but booked for 2020?

Pacific/India/Panama Canal? PR value new destination.

Vision, return to Galveston (NOLA ..)

Although if Oasis IV is due to be delivered in late 2018, I can hardly believe seeing Harmony in Europe - it was stated somewhere earlier RCCL decided to have the three O-Class-ships sailing out of Florida until the next dry-dock-dates for which they'd need to come to Europe.

Currently Oasis otS is listed at Palma de Mallorca in summer 2018, but it might be a placeholder and not be updated yet.

IMHO if Oasis IV does not offer Europe due to her delayed delivery, IMHO Freedom otS could most likely to return to Barcelona.

Panama Canal/South America: Also it was stated that in foreseeable future RCCL does not plan to sail such itineraries, and Middle East/India I also just hardly believe.

RCCL has huge difficulties to fill Vision out of Dubai in early 2017, so they're selling such itineraries at very low rates - and in 2017/18 RCCL does not return to that area.

Only possibility is to have a ship sailing such itineraies if one is repositioned to Europe via India/Middle East/Suez Canal - but actually I don't have any idea which one it could be...

Edited by shipfriend_max

Although if Oasis IV is due to be delivered in late 2018, I can hardly believe seeing Harmony in Europe - it was stated somewhere earlier RCCL decided to have the three O-Class-ships sailing out of Florida until the next dry-dock-dates for which they'd need to come to Europe.

Currently Oasis otS is listed at Palma de Mallorca in summer 2018, but it might be a placeholder and not be updated yet.

IMHO if Oasis IV does not offer Europe due to her delayed delivery, IMHO Freedom otS could most likely to return to Barcelona.

Panama Canal/South America: Also it was stated that in foreseeable future RCCL does not plan to sail such itineraries, and Middle East/India I also just hardly believe.

RCCL has huge difficulties to fill Vision out of Dubai in early 2017, so they're selling such itineraries at very low rates - and in 2017/18 RCCL does not return to that area.

Only possibility is to have a ship sailing such itineraies if one is repositioned to Europe via India/Middle East/Suez Canal - but actually I don't have any idea which one it could be...

Is Oasis 4 delayed?

That would stuff my plans for 2018.

I was thinking of Harmony again next summer, and then O4 in 2018.

Edited by Joe12

It is unclear if Oasis IV will be delivered in mid or late 2018. The cruise industry sources are reporting conflicting information.

I had hoped that those on the Oasis IV thread might chime in and give some clarity.

The incentive to have an Oasis class ship at Barcelona is certainly there as it seems RCI just had its most profitable single ship deployment ever with the Harmony Barcelona season.

The incentive to have an Oasis class ship at Barcelona is certainly there as it seems RCI just had its most profitable single ship deployment ever with the Harmony Barcelona season.

Well if that's the case, and Oasis IV really is delayed, I could very well see them sending an Oasis Class ship from Florida to the Med. And the fact that Harmony doesn't have any port calls scheduled in the Caribbean during the summer makes me think they may be sending her back...

Well if that's the case, and Oasis IV really is delayed, I could very well see them sending an Oasis Class ship from Florida to the Med. And the fact that Harmony doesn't have any port calls scheduled in the Caribbean during the summer makes me think they may be sending her back...

I agree. Would be very happy to see Harmony back.

I have not been able to get the Palma port to report past 31/12/2017 and have not had access to port movements yet for the 2018 summer season.

Speculated sailings are just that. There is no information indicating they are likely.

Costa is the only line that has added a few India sailings. The Indian market for RCI is growing rapidly. I do not think RCI is headed there but the season there does match the time when Ovation is not booked at Sydney or Hong Kong. As the ship returns to Hong Kong in 2019 and then the next year to Sydney in 2019-20, it is unclear currently where the ship heads for winter 2018-19.

The potential late delivery of oasis 4 would make deploying harmony to the med in 2018 a distinct possibility and would explain the gap in harmony Caribbean bookings . I suppose they would send oasis 4 direct to Florida then? Meaning we in the UK would miss out on the chance to sail her in the med.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The potential late delivery of oasis 4 would make deploying harmony to the med in 2018 a distinct possibility and would explain the gap in harmony Caribbean bookings . I suppose they would send oasis 4 direct to Florida then? Meaning we in the UK would miss out on the chance to sail her in the med.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There would probably still be a couple of pre-inaugural sampler cruises before the TA though.

I think we need to stay a little relaxed here... ;)

Just because one site states her delivery date is TBA, maybe it doesn't mean anything and Oasis 4 debuts in spring 2018 as already planned actually...

So although CIN does not name a particular delivery date at the moment, I still expect her to spend her maiden season in Europe... [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think we need to stay a little relaxed here... ;)

Just because one site states her delivery date is TBA, maybe it doesn't mean anything and Oasis 4 debuts in spring 2018 as already planned actually...

So although CIN does not name a particular delivery date at the moment, I still expect her to spend her maiden season in Europe... [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes nothing from stx France to confirm the spéculation . French shipyard will be on Time , oasis 3 was delivered in advance [emoji851]..

Here is a summary of deployment. I am sure there are a couple of errors. Many ports are not reporting this season yet.

2018-19 Summer / Winter Deployment predictions

Deployment confirmed to great degree.

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Allure, Port Everglades year-round

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Brilliance, European deployment, Amsterdam 12N (returns to Tampa 5/4/5N)

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port / Sydney

Freedom, winter Port Everglades (Eastern/Western)

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Indy, European deployment, Southampton / Port Everglades

Jewel, European deployment Civitavecchia home-port / San Juan

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, Shanghai / Singapore.

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton / Miami ABC southern

Oasis, year-round Port Canaveral

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port / Sydney

Rhapsody, European deployment, Venice home-port. / Tampa

Serenade, European deployment, Copenhagen / Port Everglades

Vision, European deployment, Barcelona 12N sailings

Voyager, Hong Kong / Sydney

Deployment Likely

Empress, winter Miami (Western)

Harmony, year-round Port Everglades deployment

Ovation, China Beijing deployment.

Speculated deployment

Empress, Cuba sailings from November 2017??

Freedom, Bayonne summer (Grand Cayman call 8 May 2018 for Repo return 23 October at Grand Cayman)

Ovation - Sydney? Ship not showing at Sydney for 2019, but booked for 2020?

Vision, return to Galveston (NOLA ..)

How do you figure Freedom - Bayonne summer - The ship will just be returning to Ft Lauderdale on May 6 2018 from a previous cruise. Why wouldn't it just be doing Grand Cayman from Ft Lauderdale? I would love if they have Freedom doing the itinerary that was originally planned for Rhapsody Repos that was cancelled.

Edit: I just saw the schedule and see where Freedom stops sailing to Grand Cayman in May and doesn't return until October. It would be nice having a second ship in Bayonne, but Freedom could be going somewhere else too.

Edited by gaylemh

How do you figure Freedom - Bayonne summer - The ship will just be returning to Ft Lauderdale on May 6 2018 from a previous cruise. Why wouldn't it just be doing Grand Cayman from Ft Lauderdale? I would love if they have Freedom doing the itinerary that was originally planned for Rhapsody Repos that was cancelled.

Edit: I just saw the schedule and see where Freedom stops sailing to Grand Cayman in May and doesn't return until October. It would be nice having a second ship in Bayonne, but Freedom could be going somewhere else too.

A booking from Maine ports was found earlier in the year indicating Freedom may head up to do summer sailings from a NE port.

The Cayman stops could be part of a possible REPO sailing. They would not need to go to Cayman if the ship were to head to Europe.

Does anybody know, if RCCL plans to offer sailings to or from South-America again?

I enjoyed my cruise to Brazil and round Cap Horn so much...

There was a good article describing RCL's strategy change in South America in August.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/15733-r11-travel-takes-over-royal-caribbean-sales-in-brazil.html

Yes nothing from stx France to confirm the spéculation . French shipyard will be on Time , oasis 3 was delivered in advance [emoji851]..

I do not think any schedule change would have to do with the French shipyard being late.

I would think the schedule adjustments would have more to do with the shipyard having so many simultaneous contracts.

Royal Caribbean were a bit late in getting the financing lined up for Oasis IV.

Actually, if Oasis IV was on the same timeline as Harmony, it would seem that the ship would actually be due for delivery earlier than what is currently being reported.