NCL answer to uestion on pricing of cruise.

Cmdr Cody

I called NCL today, because i was interested in taking a fall 2017 transatlantic cruise. My wife and I have done several TA's but normally from US to europe. We've been interested in coming from europe to the US since you gain an hour a day instead of lose and hour a day.

Well after looking at prices, I found the following.

For the Jade 2016 14 day TA the only haven suite availble is the GARDEN Villa this fall (2016) it is 11999 per person or $24,268 for two.

For the 2017 Breakaway 14 day TA in the DELUXE OWNERS suite (top cabin on board) it is 7449 per person or $15,215 for a couple, pricey but not bad for the Haven.

For the 2017 Star 15day TA in the DOS that we normally book it is 13999 per person for the or $28,275 for two people. The GV for 2 is listed as $50,275 for two people.

So I call NCL and talk to a PCC, and ask if this pricing is correct. Dopey says it is. So in a DOS that is noramlly priced at about 4000-5000 for a TA NCL is charging 2 1/2 times as much as I would spend on Seabourn Odyssey at the same time.

I called NCL today, because i was interested in taking a fall 2017 transatlantic cruise. My wife and I have done several TA's but normally from US to europe. We've been interested in coming from europe to the US since you gain an hour a day instead of lose and hour a day.

For the Jade 2016 14 day TA the only haven suite availble is the GARDEN Villa this fall (2016) it is 11999 per person or $24,268 for two.

For the 2017 Breakaway 14 day TA in the DELUXE OWNERS suite (top cabin on board) it is 7449 per person or $15,215 for a couple, pricey but not bad for the Haven.

For the 2017 Star 15day TA in the DOS that we normally book it is 13999 per person for the or $28,275 for two people. The GV for 2 is listed as $50,275 for two people.

So I call NCL and talk to a PCC, and ask if this pricing is correct. Dopey says it is. So in a DOS that is noramlly priced at about 4000-5000 for a TA NCL is charging 2 1/2 times as much as I would spend on Seabourn Odyssey at the same time.

The Breakaway is not doing a TA, so I do not know where you got any of this information.

If the NCL person (can't believe you would call someone dopey, unless that is their real name) said it was correct, then it is correct. If you think it is too expensive for you, then don't book the cruise.

It is the Getaway that is doing a TA, lots of people get them mixed up.

The Epic is also doing a Fall TA.

The OP is also doing what I would call snapshot pricing - which does not take into account the way NCL does pricing. On any given day one itinerary could be selling faster than expected and the price will go up while another could be selling slow and the price will go down.

All four sailings are different in port calls, that can also make a bit of a difference in pricing - and popularity.

I highly doubt he called him dopey. Read it again..geesh

So carry on the rah rah

Are you sure about that???

Yes...that is why it is quoted, bolded, and in red...there is no doubt.

He referred to him, as dopey says on here, which in no way states for sure he used that name to the agent on the phone.

Edited by janpo

I highly doubt he called him dopey. Read it again..geesh

So carry on the rah rah

No one said the OP called the NCL rep "dopey" to his face. But the OP plainly called him that on here, which was still rude.

I took a second to check NCL's pricing on the first cruise the OP listed, and it does show exactly as the OP said and the NCL rep told him. ($11,999 pp for the 3-bedroom Haven suite on the Jade's westbound TA, which is only about a month away.)

OP may not like the prices, and he's free not to book his high end suites on NCL if he doesn't. Still really uncalled for to describe the NCL rep as "dopey" for giving him correct information, whether he liked the info or not.

Supply and demand. IF the OP ONLY sails in the upper suites.and Stays home if can't get them. NCL can price what they want, it's in a constant state of change. So keeping track of trends could yield some more favorable results. There are only so many suites, if someone is willing to pay- why shouldn't that rate be charged??

The name calling, is probably a bash that the OP thinks is going to slant his post as NCL being "wrong" for this pricing. TA's are always dumping last minute with the "peasant" cabins (was referred as this 2 weeks ago on the Dawn). which I always take advantage of. I am very flexible which increases possibilities.

Again- keeping track of pricing trends may offer something. With all that was listed, it looks like it may be flexible?

Edited by Budget Queen

Those were just Dopey's prices for Grumpy!:)