Precruise requests

LabGuy64

We went all out for our next cruise coming in November...Penthouse suite...and I was wondering if there might be some precruise requests that I haven't thought of that can make the experiance even better. Does anyone recall anything they asked for that was a real plus....or looking back anything you wished you had asked for?

Thanks!

I usually request 2 feather pillow for myself and 2 isotonic pillows for my partner.

I also generally ask to swap out the bubbly for a bottle of Chardonnay and the two bottles of booze to the booze of our choice.

If we have a special date to celebrate I ask for reservations to Murano's.

Good call on the bubbly....we don't drink it however, my wife loves chardonnay.

Already good info

Thanks

I usually request 2 feather pillow for myself and 2 isotonic pillows for my partner.

I also generally ask to swap out the bubbly for a bottle of Chardonnay and the two bottles of booze to the booze of our choice.

If we have a special date to celebrate I ask for reservations to Murano's.

We went all out for our next cruise coming in November...Penthouse suite...and I was wondering if there might be some precruise requests that I haven't thought of that can make the experiance even better. Does anyone recall anything they asked for that was a real plus....or looking back anything you wished you had asked for?

Thanks!

Yes to all the above. In addition, if you have any non-alcoholic beverage preferences (Diet soda, tonic, seltzer, etc) let them know to stock your fridge with that too. I totally agree with the special occasion notification - they will make something special happen for you.

You are going to love Luminae if it is anything like it was on our most recent cruise. Fantastic staff, wonderful food and a much more intimate environment. I don't know what you usually book, but you may have difficult time going back! LOL! ENJOY!!!

I think it will be a great trip too.....a long time coming. I booked it the day it opened up so...almost 2 years ago. I never booked that far in advance before.

Yes to all the above. In addition, if you have any non-alcoholic beverage preferences (Diet soda, tonic, seltzer, etc) let them know to stock your fridge with that too. I totally agree with the special occasion notification - they will make something special happen for you.

You are going to love Luminae if it is anything like it was on our most recent cruise. Fantastic staff, wonderful food and a much more intimate environment. I don't know what you usually book, but you may have difficult time going back! LOL! ENJOY!!!

Thanks!

If there is something reasonable, I suggest you request it but then be pleasantly surprised if the request is met. We have found that they sometimes go out of their way to meet a request. However, if they do not want to meet the request, for whatever reason, you will find they are very adept at avoiding any future mention of it.

I never like to mention the special requests that have been met for us on Cruise Critic because we do not expect them to be repeated for us and do not want to set unreasonable expectations for others.

As for thinking afterwards of something you wished you had requested - we wish we had asked for the balcony furniture to be changed. We both dislike what they have on S-class ships and would much prefer what they have round the pool. I am sure the PH furniture is supposed to be better but we find it uncomfortable and bulky.

I never like to mention the special requests that have been met for us on Cruise Critic because we do not expect them to be repeated for us and do not want to set unreasonable expectations for others.

I think many of us feel the same....

We were on a RC cruise a few years ago when the conceirge had arranged for a young girl to attend a show rehearsal session. She attended drama school and was really into the shows....The parents had thanked the conceirge in the suite lounge in front of others and explained what he had set up for their daughter...next morning two sets of parents asking (very assertively) why their children could not have the same experience....Lesson experienced.

We have had a couple of PH treats we have requested but some of our best PH experiences have been simple but showing that additional level of service...

Examples..

Telling the butler we were returning to the room to watch a film and him returning with popcorn.

The butler seeing us return to the room after a short excursion with some new friends and arriving with savoury nibbles and insisting on serving us all drinks.

Setting up an Indian feast for us on a night when we could not decide where to dine...

Letting your butler and the Michael's conceirge know the type of things you like enables them to come up with suggestions and ideas.

Hope you have a great cruise Lab Guy!

Edited by chemmo

We're not big breakfast people and enjoy sleeping in on sea days. I like to ask the butler to let himself in and set up coffee service in the morning without ringing the bell and waking us up.

I also ask for the fridge/pantry to be stocked with favorite soft drinks, beers and wines, and also to keep cheese and fruit plates available in the suite on a daily basis.

You'll love your suite. Enjoy your trip!

We're not big breakfast people and enjoy sleeping in on sea days. I like to ask the butler to let himself in and set up coffee service in the morning without ringing the bell and waking us up.

I also ask for the fridge/pantry to be stocked with favorite soft drinks, beers and wines, and also to keep cheese and fruit plates available in the suite on a daily basis.

You'll love your suite. Enjoy your trip!

Interested in your experience with requesting wine in the mini bar. We don't drink alcohol as a rule & I don't' drink beer at all. Also, not big on soft drinks. Wine is my beverage of choice along with water. Were you able to get wine in your suite as part of the suite amenities? We are in a RS on Silhouette in December.

Interested in your experience with requesting wine in the mini bar. We don't drink alcohol as a rule & I don't' drink beer at all. Also, not big on soft drinks. Wine is my beverage of choice along with water. Were you able to get wine in your suite as part of the suite amenities? We are in a RS on Silhouette in December.

In the past, when the pre-cruise concierge asks for our requests, I have requested that Diet Coke, Pellegrino, hard cider, and bottles of Pinot Grigio, Red Zinfandel and sparkling wine be stocked in the suite. I always assume I'll pay for the wine, but have not yet been charged for it.

Conversely, on our last trip in a PH, we were charged about $100(!) for 4 bags of laundry which I was under the impression was included in the price of the trip. Go figure...

We asked for a cold shrimp platter daily... we'd find it in the fridge. Never knew when he put it there, but there it would be!

We also invited a few (about 30!) "new friends" for a pre-dinner sail away party. We told the butler what day this was happening and asked for a few extra wine glasses for it. When we came back to the cabin that day, prior to sail away, he had extra glasses AND trays of appetizers, ice, glasses, juices, etc. all set up. He stayed for the duration of the party. Easiest party I ever threw!

We asked for a cold shrimp platter daily... we'd find it in the fridge. Never knew when he put it there, but there it would be!

We also invited a few (about 30!) "new friends" for a pre-dinner sail away party. We told the butler what day this was happening and asked for a few extra wine glasses for it. When we came back to the cabin that day, prior to sail away, he had extra glasses AND trays of appetizers, ice, glasses, juices, etc. all set up. He stayed for the duration of the party. Easiest party I ever threw!

We love the shrimp platter too!

It isn't just the setting up of a sailaway that they sort it is the returning your cabin to normal too! As we were saying goodbye to our guests in March (RS) and I started siding the platters and glasses I was firmly ushered onto the balcony with another glass of champagne....Wish that would happen after a party at home!

Thanks everyone for responding there were some very useful comments and I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond...

And thank you for coming back and thanking the ones that helped you. Very classy. :)