My time dining on the Radiance

cavydad

We're also on board and are receiving the slips. We pre-booked for 6:30 every night. Up until last night, ours was perfect. When we checked in we were told somebody had just seated themselves at our reserved table and they wanted to put us at a table for 12. We said absolutely not and they should move those people off our table. They wouldn't and we ended up in a section around loud people. It was not a pleasant experience. Our waiter, from our assigned table, came by later to see what had happened. We told him we were mad and we'd definitely get the problem fixed. Hopefully I did that today {fingers crossed}!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Where is corporate Royal Caribbean as the Radiance of the Seas is unable to implement My Time Dining?

Every night I watch many upset guests who do not receive dining tickets while others with the dining tickets immediately are seated.

Today I had a lengthy discussion with the maitre'd about why we were not receiving our dining tickets. They blamed the room steward. I had checked with him before the meeting. He had not received them.

Frustration is breeding angry guests.

We have cruised with Royal and Celebrity more than 20 times.

This is a poor way to treat the quests.

This is new to me as well, but I don't think this is the first thread to raise this question. We always use MTD and have never been issued tickets before for dining. RCI does struggle at times with offering a true "My Time" program, but I have not encountered this policy on any ship to date. Our next cruise is this December on Navigator - guess we'll see about this then.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Here's is OPs original post from yesterday, not sure why another thread was started.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2401284

My parents are on Radiance now as well and she has confirmed it's a slight cluster. But not unbearable. By all accounts they did a switch-a-roo on the decks of the dining room on switch over day (Sept 9) and everything is still trying to get worked out.

Here's is OPs original post from yesterday, not sure why another thread was started.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2401284

My parents are on Radiance now as well and she has confirmed it's a slight cluster. But not unbearable. By all accounts they did a switch-a-roo on the decks of the dining room on switch over day (Sept 9) and everything is still trying to get worked out.

To clarify, did they indicated the use of dining tickets for MTD?

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Okay, I'm on Radiance right now. I made MTD reservations for 4 before we left on the cruise. We get a "ticket" in our cabin every morning for that night. Except for 2 nights ago, for us anyway, everything has worked out perfectly. We present our ticket, and we can then seat ourselves at our table. There are 3 (sometimes 4) stations open to check in for MTD. We've been switched to Deck 4 since there were so many of us wanting it. If there is a group reserved together, you only get 1 ticket - it goes to the person who made the reservation originally.

Yes, that is true. Every day in their cabin is their slip with their MTD time on it. You "skip the line" give them your ticket and can go directly to your table.

What kind of MTD process is this when it seems that someone on RCL is determining the pax dining time.

What kind of MTD process is this when it seems that someone on RCL is determining the pax dining time.

I assume they don't - the cabin steward simply gives them a slip with the existing MTD reservation time. Again, not sure what this is solving. Eliminating the minimal wait time at the host desk?

Dining staff knows us well and we have given up on getting the golden ticket.

The blame is on the room stewards who blame the dining staff.

Never seen such a mess in our 26 years of cruising.

Without the ticket, even with a reservation, you stand in line.

Some people have tickets and others do not.

My wife told me to give it up. Stand in line and realize no one cares.

still waiting on my time dining to be fixed. Staff told us our room Stewart had our slips. He does not have them.

Had a run in with the dining staff. This has gone on too long.

I'm sorry to hear MTD dining is still not going well. The slips are something we've never had.

Does the slip have your dining time and table # on it?

With a slip do you just walk in? or do you still have to check in?

Dining staff knows us well and we have given up on getting the golden ticket.

The blame is on the room stewards who blame the dining staff.

Never seen such a mess in our 26 years of cruising.

Without the ticket, even with a reservation, you stand in line.

Some people have tickets and others do not.

My wife told me to give it up. Stand in line and realize no one cares.

Have you tried to address your situation with the Hotel Director on board?

That's the way MTD works - you have to wait to be seated, even with a reservation. :confused:

No it's not. I'm on Radiance right now. We bypass the line with our ticket in hand, give it to the person at the podium and then seat ourselves at our assigned table.

Not having ever had to use Tickets, if the Room Stewards are suppose to be receiving dinner tickets for those assigned to MTD and not getting them, then it would go further down the line to the person suppose to print out those tickets, transfer up to housekeeping ? so the room stewards can load on their carts. and deliver to the rooms. If the room steward doesn't have a ticket to deliver then someone is dropping the ball in getting them printed up for everyone who needs them.

Not having ever had to use Tickets, if the Room Stewards are suppose to be receiving dinner tickets for those assigned to MTD and not getting them, then it would go further down the line to the person suppose to print out those tickets, transfer up to housekeeping ? so the room stewards can load on their carts. and deliver to the rooms. If the room steward doesn't have a ticket to deliver then someone is dropping the ball in getting them printed up for everyone who needs them.

I'm not sure who gives me my ticket. It's put in the slot above my cabin number on my door, not in my cabin. I would think if it was my cabin attendant, he'd put it inside my cabin.

Anita very true. We have not experienced either the Oasis Class or their newest ships, so right now everything to us is the old way if you want to call it that. We have sailed mainly the Radiance Class and one Freedom Class back in 2011 but do have a cruise in July 2017 back on the LOS and in April 2018 on the Freedom.

No it's not. I'm on Radiance right now. We bypass the line with our ticket in hand, give it to the person at the podium and then seat ourselves at our assigned table.

That sounds like a one-off for this ship for this sailing. Normally for MTD, there are two lines, one with and one without reservations. I assume something happened with the host being overwhelmed and to cut the wait time for the folks with reservations they handed out these tickets. Granted, the wait is usually very brief but every sailing I've been on, the MTD line (even with reservations) had a wait. The OP made it sound like there has never been a wait for MTD.

As with other introductions of a new system (even if perceived to be "better"), there are "issues".

That sounds like a one-off for this ship for this sailing. Normally for MTD, there are two lines, one with and one without reservations. I assume something happened with the host being overwhelmed and to cut the wait time for the folks with reservations they handed out these tickets. Granted, the wait is usually very brief but every sailing I've been on, the MTD line (even with reservations) had a wait. The OP made it sound like there has never been a wait for MTD.

As with other introductions of a new system (even if perceived to be "better"), there are "issues".

It's not a one-off it is a new system they announced on the ship weeks ago they were going to implement. It does not sound like it's working for everyone yet.

Edited by PCWalton1