Celebrity OBC Questions

s2kreno

Hi all, I have $1,000 in OBC but am also getting grats, internet, and premium liquor package, so I can't spend it on those things. So I need to know:

Can I use it to give extra gratuities to deserving staff?

Is OBC refundable with Celebrity?

Can I use it for a deposit on a future cruise?

Thanks a bunch.

You should be able to use it for additional tipping. You can do that through the main Cashier.

If the source of the additional OBC is from a travel agent under most circumstances the unspent amount will be refunded to your credit card. It is a good idea to go to the front desk early in the cruise and ask if it is refundable or not.

On board ship you can access your account and it will have codes for non refundable OBC and refundable OBC. OR...you can go to guest services and ask. Make sure you know how much is non refundable or refundable! Yes, you can give additional gratuities to crew.

We only had $350 non refundable OBC and had a difficult time using it up! Did massages at Canyon Spa....bought clothes at the various stores on board ship....it is really a tough life when you have to work to spend all of those non refundable OBC $!

Typically, a future cruise is charged directly to your credit card and you cannot use OBC.

Edited by JMG

You can't use OBC from Celebrity toward a deposit on a future cruise. I'm not sure about refundable OBC from a TA. But heck if you can't use directly you can charge the deposit to your cr card and at the end of the cruise the refundable OBC you didn't spend goes back on your cr card.

You don't need to go to guest services to find out about your OBC. On your TV you can view your account which is updated regularly, you'll see OBN & OBR. The N is non refundable. The R is refundable. They draw from the OBN before hitting the OBR.

I always draw down my OBN until it zeros out then get my OBR to hit my credit card as a credit.

On my last cruise, I turned $200 OBN into $155 cash by taking out promo chips and playing roulette. I also used the $5 match coupons from my Captains Club membership level coupons to help. That's better than buying overpriced merchandise in the stores IMHO.