Ocean Cay Opening Delayed Until October 2018

Mikesa1721

Markus .... You are having a laugh right ? .... Considering the email I had from them said that the UK office was being told last Friday where the new destination would be, I am still waiting along with Thousands of others!

No not yet they did hold a press conference.They said nassau will replace ocean cay and for ships already stopping at nassau they are finding another island

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

Yes, I knew about the press conference thanks to CC and other cruise pages. Those travelers who are not on CC or another cruise-related site/page probably have no idea of the delay and port substitution. I just checked my booking on MSC's website this morning and it is still showing Ocean Cay as a port of call, not Nassau.

when does it become false advertising/selling ? the UK site still shows Ocean Cay for the 23rd December sailing, Someone posted on the UK Facebook page on the 15th September asking the question as to when those booked would be notified, as of 13.25 UK time today there had been no response from them!

I'm sure you've all read your T&C but being our first cruise is coming up, I decided I'd better refresh myself. I found this portion interesting and wonder if it differs on the UK/EU site.

I understand it doesn't speak to this particular issue of knowing that the private island won't be ready yet still advertising it as a port but wondering if it overrides the issue itself since they clearly have the right to change a port of call when necessary.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Conditions-Of-Carriage.aspx

Deviations, cancellations and delays

6.1 The Cruise Ship's operation is subject to weather conditions, mechanical

problems, vessel traffic, government intervention, duty to assist other vessels in distress, availability of berth facilities, and other factors which may be beyond the Carrier's control

6.2 The Carrier does not guarantee that the Cruise Ship will call at every advertised port or follow any particular route or time schedule. The Master and the Carrier shall have an absolute right to change or substitute the advertised schedule, ports, itinerary or route, or substitute other ships, without notice. If a scheduled port of embarkation or disembarkation is substituted, the Carrier shall determine and arrange transportation to or from the substituted port at no extra expense for the Passenger.

6.3 Before the Voyage begins, the Carrier has the right to cancel the Voyage

for any reason even without prior notice if it considers that it is necessary

to do so for the safety of the Vessel, or persons onboard.

6.4 The Carrier or the Master shall have the liberty to comply with any Order

or Directions as to departure/arrival routes, ports of call, stoppages,

trans-shipment, discharge or destination or otherwise given by any government or any department or by any person acting or purporting to act with the authority of any government or any department thereof or by any war risks insurance association working under any government scheme in which the Vessel may be entered. Nothing done or not done under such orders or directions shall be deemed a deviation in law.

6.5 Any dates and/or times specified in any timetables or otherwise, which may be issued by the Organiser and/or the Carrier, are only approximate and may be altered by the Carrier at any time and to such extent as is considered

necessary in the interest of the voyage as a whole.

6.6 If the Vessel shall be prevented or hindered by any cause whatsoever from sailing or proceeding in the ordinary course, the Carrier shall be entitled

to transfer the Passenger either to any other similar Vessel or with the consent of the Passenger to any other means of transportation bound for the

Passenger’s place of destination.

Cheers,

I do believe this would be a "significant change" in cruise experience I've booked, therefore entiteled for compensation as long as MSC is not offering a day on the beach like still on sale - cabana, free drinks etc....

There goes my favorite word again, "entitled".

You've accepted a contract that clearly states the company can make changes to itinerary and even your cabin selection. You have the option at this point to cancel your trip with no penalty.

What exactly do you feel "entitled" to?

Any cruise line I've looked at has the same stipulations and it's part of the Terms & Conditions which is why it's important to read, understand and agree to the T&C's prior to final payment.

Don't want to beat a "dead horse" so to speak, but everyone should know the importance of the T&C's.

Cheers,

We just got off the divina last week, she is absolutely gorgeous!!! The whole family loved everything! The service, the ship, our fantastica balcony, the food.... So.... when we were on our last day we talked to Gena the future cruise consultant and booked the Yacht club suite on the seaside for May 2018. I wish we could stop in Cuba, I doubt they will repeat ports for Nassau, if it does then we just stay on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The laws are different in Europe regarding changes from advertised at the time of booking. And in this case, it isn't exactly that MSC is substituting a port. The private island experience was why many people booked. If you booked a Yacht Club cabin and it wasn't finished at the time of your sailing and MSC was going to put you in another cabin and give you some OBC, it is my understanding that under European laws that would not be acceptable. Here in the USA, yes, it would.

So this issue has different ramifications based on what country the cruiser is from.

The laws are different in Europe regarding changes from advertised at the time of booking. And in this case, it isn't exactly that MSC is substituting a port. The private island experience was why many people booked. If you booked a Yacht Club cabin and it wasn't finished at the time of your sailing and MSC was going to put you in another cabin and give you some OBC, it is my understanding that under European laws that would not be acceptable. Here in the USA, yes, it would.

So this issue has different ramifications based on what country the cruiser is from.

I must have had too many stimulants today.

A port of call is a port of call. Could be Ensenada (gross), could be cruise in service to the Taj Mahal. In the eyes of the agreement, it makes no difference. To you maybe it makes a difference.

What country the cruiser is from is meaningless as well. What country the contract was executed in...well now there may be a difference.

Contracts are cold, impersonal documents. Vacations are emotional experiences. Very often those two do not mix well.

Is anybody just glad that they have the news more than a year out?

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming it. So, if a cruise line were to change the ports or something like that, would a passenger have the option to change or cancel a cruise without losing their deposit (I understand they lose part or all of it if they cancel)?

The issue for us is what constitutes "significant change" I have the details somewhere on my pc so will have to check it out, this then dictates whether we are allowed to cancel and receive all of our deposit back or whether we lose all of it by canceling.

By continuing to "sell" the Seaside under the current terms as sailing to Ocean Cay within the EU may be classed as mis selling the product /holiday on offer.

Ever get the feeling that you are banging your head against a brick wall ?

In May I received an email from MSC to say that the day that Seaside would visit Nassau on the 23 rd December sailing had been changed to the second day from the sixth day. OK no issue there.

After the announcement about the island I emailed them with the media report which was passed on to the UK operations team, they replied last Friday the 16th to say that they would be getting information that day as to the changes that would be made to the sailing.

Today I emailed the same person to ask once again as to what was happening regarding the change to Ocean Cay.

Just had this response below, we are only on the 23 rd December sailing, give me strength, and they wonder why people get frustrated with them.

Apologies for the late response.

We have sent an email on 26th May in regards to this sailing.

The only change that has been made to this sailing is the below:

Seaside for your upcoming cruise sailing on 23.12.2016.

We would like to inform you that, due to operational reasons, the order of calls into the ports had had to be slightly amended, the vessel will now call Nassau, Bahamas, on day 2nd instead of day 6th.

You will find the changes highlighted in the table below.

23 Dec 2017

SAT

19:00

Miami, United States

24 Dec 2017

SUN

07:00

15:00

Nassau, Bahamas

26 Dec 2017

TUE

13:00

23:59

Charlotte Amalie,Virgin Island

27 Dec 2017

WED

00:01

02:00

Charlotte Amalie,Virgin Island

29 Dec 2017

FRI

09:00

23:55

Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

30 Dec 2017

SAT

19:00

Miami, United States

01 Jan 2018

MON

11:00

17:00

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

02 Jan 2018

TUE

16:00

Georgetown, Cayman Islands

03 Jan 2018

WED

10:00

18:00

Cozumel, Mexico

05 Jan 2018

FRI

23:55

Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

06 Jan 2018

SAT

Miami, United States

Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries.

Kind regards,

By continuing to "sell" the Seaside under the current terms as sailing to Ocean Cay within the EU may be classed as mis selling the product /holiday on offer.

Yes, correct. Other cruise lines would have taken these sailings offline by now until a solution can be found. It's very surprising MSC hasn't done it or appears unconcerned.