Back to back cruise and on board credit

bitob

If the OCB comes from Celebrity is is most likely in refundable. If OBC comes exclusively from your TA it is most likely refundable. Each cruise on a B2B is a separate cruise. You receive a new Seapass card for each cruise. All internet minutes and packages from the first part expire. Unused OBC expires and your new account has a zero balance until OBC is added or you use your Seapass card for a purchase. If you are in Captain's Club and receive coupons, you will receive new coupons. Nothing carries over expect your enjoyment.

Generally OBC coming from a TA is refundable. OBC from Celebrity is non-refundable. So if you selected $300 as one of your perks when booking, it is not refundable.

If you received OBC from a TA you may want to check with them to be certain whether or not it is refundable.

Neither type carries over from one leg of a B2B to the next leg.

My question really had little to do with refundable vs non refundable. Of course I get the non refundable back. The question is whether I can carry over either when I have 2 b2b segments

I think from all the responses celebrity's non refundable obc has to be used on the segment where it was allocated.

What about the refundable obc. Can I choose to carry it over or do they insist on giving it back to me after leg 1

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My question really had little to do with refundable vs non refundable. Of course I get the non refundable back. The question is whether I can carry over either when I have 2 b2b segments

I think from all the responses celebrity's non refundable obc has to be used on the segment where it was allocated.

What about the refundable obc. Can I choose to carry it over or do they insist on giving it back to me after leg 1

The answer you're looking for is basically no. You cannot carry it over to the next cruise.

Nothing is carried over from one cruise to another except if you are able to keep the same cabin whereby you don't have to shift otherwise everything starts anew. You will receive on the last day of your first leg instructions how the cruise line wants you to act on disembarkation / embarkation day. each ship and circumstance is different. Your account on leg one will be closed off and a new account opened for leg two just as if you were a new passenger coming on board. Non refundable OBC is use or lose it and refundable credit can if you want to use it to offset costs on your second leg can be cashed in at Guest relations on the last night or it will be automatically transferred to your nominated credit card. If you have both Non refundable OBC will be used first before the refundable OBC

No, you will not get the NON refundable back it you do not spend it.

We almost always do B2B or B2B2B cruise series, and as others have pointed out non-refundable OBC is by definition non-reundable. We rarely have much, if any, OBC left between legs, but if we did have some refundable OBC left on the first leg then it would not be applied to the next leg, but would be refunded to the credit card we had on file.

And a poster on this thread has stated that turnaround day instructions will be provided on the last day of the first leg. There is a great deal of variance regarding the turnaround day process but we have never received instructions on the last day of the first leg. The packet for B2B passengers will be delivered several days before the turnaround day.

Refundable OBC cannot be carried over to the 2nd leg - but it is immaterial. If you have $100 of unused refundable OBC from the 1st leg and spend $100 on the 2nd leg, then your credit card will effectively see both a $100 credit and a $100 expenditure for a net of zero. That is identical to the net of zero that you would have seen if you had been able to carry it over to the 2nd leg.