Input re. FLL hotels?

jondan

We'll need 2 nights pre-cruise and one post. We like breakfast included whenever possible and walking distance to restaurants/shops/? beach.

What do you recommend? We're a family of 4, with 2 teenagers, going over XMAS.

Thanks!!

For us we have always stayed at the Embassy Suites on our last 4 cruises from here.

We enjoyed the managers evening cocktail reception and the complete free awesome breakfast. Close location to stores and restuarants.

Although it is an older hotel, the rooms are being renovated.

The price had been right.

However looking at the prices now for our next summer cruise they are doubled:eek:

So hoping the price comes down or we will go water front for once and get a different hotel.

So eagerly watching this thread for ideas too, in case we change our minds and book elsewhere.

Enjoy

Take a look at http://www.sunny.org for info on lodging, transportation and attractions.

What is your budget and are you looking for one room or two? If two, I would suggest looking at Gallery One (Doubletree), an all suites hotel a couple blocks from the beach and right on a water taxi stop (http://www.watertaxi.com) and the sun trolley line (http://www.suntrolley.com). I like that area better when staying multiple nights. Embassy Suites is closer to the port but a 1 mile walk or sun trolley ride to the closest water taxi stop (Hilton Marina Hotel) and a couple of miles to the beach.

Edited by capriccio

Wound up just going with ES. Kids will be happy. :)

For two days I wouldn't want to stay at that Embassy. It is on a very busy industrial street.

For the money I would take a look at the Doubletree Gallery One, Bahia Mar or The Riverside Hotel.

Fort Lauderdale is gorgeous during the holidays, I would take advantage of that.

We'll need 2 nights pre-cruise and one post. We like breakfast included whenever possible and walking distance to restaurants/shops/? beach.

What do you recommend? We're a family of 4, with 2 teenagers, going over XMAS.

Thanks!!

was at this spot week ago, brain wants a hotel with free breakfast and shuttle from FLL but heart wants a real feel for the city. Riverside Hotel, I haven't stayed yet, but already impressed with their customer service.

The Best Western Oceanside is the only one I can think of that is walking distance to the beach (and a few restaurants) and includes breakfast. Embassy Suites has much more shops and restaurants around though, and it's a short ride to the beach. Same goes for Doubletree Gallery One (they have the biggest suites, if there are any left at this point).