32oz Porterhouse/PrimeRib/Ribeye

fstuff1

i'm traveling solo on the Breakaway this Oct and my sdp is 4 nights.

32oz porterhouse = cagneys

32oz prime rib = cagneys

32oz ribeye = Le Bistro

i'm going to use a sdp for each of the 32oz steaks, so i have 1 sdp left.

which 32oz steak would you use the 4th sdp for?

(note: dont want any of the other specialty restaurants)

Edited by fstuff1

Once you've tried all three of them, surely you will be in the best position to decide for yourself which one you want to have a second time… But if you're at all interested in the rest of the menu at these two restaurants, it seems like you should hit them both twice (and not Cagney's 3 times and Le Bistro only once).

Are you planning to order the chocolate fondue for 2 after eating the côte de bœuf for 2? :p

Once you've tried all three of them, surely you will be in the best position to decide for yourself which one you want to have a second time

im worried about reservations being all booked by the time i've had each of the steaks once.

so i need to reserve ahead of time, thus why im asking which steak would you repeat.

32 OZ's???? Jeez...that's 2 POUNDS of MEAT! Who can eat that much meat????? That's dinner for 4-5 people...without sides!!! Yikes!

No there are LOTS of bones in the ones we have shared in le Bistro. By the time the fat and cartilage is removed you have about as much as 10-12oz of fillet.

We had dinner twice at Cagneys. That's all my husband orders, the 32 oz Porterhouse.:)

But, after removing fat and bones, it's really not 32 oz being consumed.

By the 3rd visit to Cagneys, you might decide on a different cut of meat.

Enjoy! It's YOUR vacation.:o

Edited by Cruzinbabe06

i'm traveling solo on the Breakaway this Oct and my sdp is 4 nights.

32oz porterhouse = cagneys

32oz prime rib = cagneys

32oz ribeye = Le Bistro

i'm going to use a sdp for each of the 32oz steaks, so i have 1 sdp left.

which 32oz steak would you use the 4th sdp for?

(note: dont want any of the other specialty restaurants)

Cagney's 29 oz Tomahawk Ribeye

Cagneys_Tomahawk.jpg

How funny is it that this "hungry person" wants to eat 32 ounce steaks four times on the free SDP but in their signature it says how much NCL "nickles and dimes you to death".

It's a crazy world, folks.

and yet he still cruises with NCL.

How funny is it that this "hungry person" wants to eat 32 ounce steaks four times on the free SDP but in their signature it says how much NCL "nickles and dimes you to death".

It's more that they have taken 5 NCL cruises in the past 2 years with 2 more planned this year.

Quality, not quantity with steaks! Go back to Cagney's for a filet mignon and realise all that cutting/scraping/pulling on the 32oz just wasn't worth it.

I must agree that the Filet Mignon in Cagney's is excellent. We also have had the "Boeuf pour Deux" in le Bistro and while excellent is not as good as the Filet.

Quality, not quantity with steaks! Go back to Cagney's for a filet mignon and realise all that cutting/scraping/pulling on the 32oz just wasn't worth it.

Agreed, had the porterhouse on Epic and it was hard work! Also had the ribeye and filet in Cagneys and thought the ribeye was tastiest. My favourite steak on NCL is the filet in Le Bistro but will be trying the 32 oz for two (there will be two of us!) when next on board Spirit.

Edited by Number34

No there are LOTS of bones in the ones we have shared in le Bistro. By the time the fat and cartilage is removed you have about as much as 10-12oz of fillet.

Completely incorrect. There is no bone in this portion that that they use in Le Bistro. We have never seen any cartilage in the servings we have received. After it is carved, table side, there is more than enough food for two people.

Edited by Beaver1975

I've has all three on numerous occasions. If I was limited to one of the three on any given trip. I would go for the porterhouse. It may be slightly "lighter" than the tomahawk but it includes a filet. The tomahawk is impressive, but I don't find the flavor quite as good and it can be a workout to get it off the bone. If you open up the choices to include the strip and filet, I would chose one of those. You still won't leave hungry and have some room to really enjoy the rest of the meal. Frankly, I'm over 350 lbs, and pretty full before the steak even gets to me.

Completely incorrect. There is no bone in this portion that that they use in Le Bistro.
Maybe you didn't get a bone, and I can't see how there could be "LOTS of bones", but every time we have ordered it, there is a bone. I agree that it's enough for two people, but that is so obviously beside the point in this thread…

e7521e367187066937ddf3e6681eb0c3.jpg

Once we shared a table with another couple who ordered this, but one wanted it rare and the other wanted it well done. I was surprised when the server said that was no problem. When the main courses arrived they simply got two separate filets. :) So no bone in that case.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Putting in my 2 cents....I love prime rib...had one at Cagney's on last cruise...It was over half bone and chunks of fat....very difficult to eat and enjoy..:(

Edited by jaja

My advice for prime rib: Get it in the buffet on prime rib night. It's good, it's free, you can see what you're getting, and you can eat 10 pounds of it if that's how you roll. Go to Cagney's for grilled steaks. (It occurs to me that the prime rib at Cagney's is probably grilled, too, not roasted. In which case I would prefer just about any other cut.)

Edited by hawkeyetlse

My advice for prime rib: Get it in the buffet on prime rib night. It's good, it's free, you can see what you're getting, and you can eat 10 pounds of it if that's how you roll. Go to Cagney's for grilled steaks. (It occurs to me that the prime rib at Cagney's is probably grilled, too, not roasted. In which case I would prefer just about any other cut.)

when is prime rib night?

is it the same day for all ships?

i'm on the Breakaway

Edited by fstuff1