Celebrity Solstice October Refresh Thread

Andy

So they're adding cabanas to the Lawn Club.

It's not mentioned but I wonder if the movie screen will be replacing the hot glass show.

They don't necessarily need to do that - they could put the screen on the white wall that backs the aft bar. Just wondering.

On their Facebook thread they responded to that:

Aaron Pacheco Adding the movie screen on the Lawn Club, does that mean that the Hot Glass show is going away?

Celebrity Cruises Hi Aaron,

The Hot Glass Show will not be removed from its location.

(I'm not Aaron, but I'm glad he asked).

The more I hear about the new ideas, the more I love my balcony!

And the more I'm glad we're on the Eclipse!!!

I LOVE the outdoor movies on Princess and initially was really excited when I read they were adding them to the Solstice. But the more I read the less excited I became.

On Princess they're by the pool and you can lay on a lounger and enjoy watching under the stars. The food (popcorn, cookies and ice cream and sometimes pizza passed around) is free and there are blankets in case it's chilly.

I don't think this is the experience Celebrity is going for. :(

And the more I'm glad we're on the Eclipse!!!

I LOVE the outdoor movies on Princess and initially was really excited when I read they were adding them to the Solstice. But the more I read the less excited I became.

On Princess they're by the pool and you can lay on a lounger and enjoy watching under the stars. The food (popcorn, cookies and ice cream and sometimes pizza passed around) is free and there are blankets in case it's chilly.

I don't think this is the experience Celebrity is going for. :(

I agree, it reads like it is going to be more like a 'specialty' restaurant meal, designed to follow a movie.

I can see what the menu would be for my big fat Greek wedding, or the God Father, but for Star Wars?

Edited by wallie5446

I agree, it reads like it is going to be more like a 'specialty' restaurant meal, designed to follow a movie.

I can see what the menu would be for my big fat Greek wedding, or the God Father, but for Star Wars?

Only thing is that the reviews to date for the meals have been underwhelming. Perhaps they've improved, but when you're comparing to the meals on the rest of the ship, it needs to be a certain standard for the price.

When I saw it first it sounded great. A good movie while at sea in the warm Caribbean air sounds lovely.

But if I want to watch tv while having my dinner I can stay at home.

Well that's an easy fix, don't attend. At least it's on a high deck,unlike Princess by the main pool

For Star Wars it would be Darth Vaders favourite ....the penne arrabbiata of course

LOL

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Only thing is that the reviews to date for the meals have been underwhelming. Perhaps they've improved, but when you're comparing to the meals on the rest of the ship, it needs to be a certain standard for the price.

I have not seen or read that they had started this yet?

It's been on the Summit for a while.

Karen, I know about that venue, the food there is a set menu, no matter what movie is showing. This new concept will have the Chef's making movie specific parings, no popcorn. :D

A Taste of Film:

•Celebrity Solstice will be the first of the Solstice Class ships to offer the iconic gastronomic adventure, which pairs films that evoke a specific cultural, culinary or destination experience, with cuisine that brings the scenes on the screen to life through guests' taste buds •A large movie screen will be added to The Lawn Club where the unique culinary experience will be hosted

•Transformative alcove-style cabanas will line the real grass lawn for additional seating and relaxation space. Guests will be able to adjust the cabanas to their preferred view as the spaces evolve throughout the day

Edited by wallie5446

Not thrilled about the addition of the Cabanas, on the Silhouette, they were always empty, & they really cut into passenger use of the lawn areas...

I guess I'll find out first hand next year.

Why on earth with all the facilities available would one want to pay to use the cabanas, apparently up to $150 per day. Its no wonder they were empty. Charging for cabanas is Modern Luxury gone awry

Karen, I know about that venue, the food there is a set menu, no matter what movie is showing. This new concept will have the Chef's making movie specific parings, no popcorn. :D

Actually, that's also the original concept :D

'A Taste of Film' presents movies that evoke a specific cultural, culinary or destination experience, paired with cuisine that brings the scenes on the screen to life.

Celebrity’s first film selection is 'The Hundred-Foot Journey,' the story of a feud between two adjacent restaurants in a French town. One is operated by a recently relocated Indian family and the other is a Michelin-starred French restaurant.

The cruise brand’s culinary team, led by Michelin-starred chef Cornelius Gallagher, has specially crafted a multi-course tasting menu inspired by the film’s French and Indian cuisines, which vacationers can sample throughout the showing.

When the movie starts, attendees will be served Indian-inspired dishes such as crispy shrimp with tamarind or beef filet Bombay with mango pickle. Then, when the setting transitions to France, they will savor items such as truffled mushroom risotto, sea scallops with glazed leeks and port wine jus or bites of Valrhona chocolate cake with sweet vanilla chantilly.

From the announcement on Millennium class in March this year:

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/celebrity-extends-a-taste-of-film-experience-to-more-ships.html

Also, Celebrity Australia advises the cost on Solstice will now be US$20/film/person. Not sure whether the rate rise is due to cabanas, or just a general increase.

Actually, that's also the original concept :D

'A Taste of Film' presents movies that evoke a specific cultural, culinary or destination experience, paired with cuisine that brings the scenes on the screen to life.

Celebrity’s first film selection is 'The Hundred-Foot Journey,' the story of a feud between two adjacent restaurants in a French town. One is operated by a recently relocated Indian family and the other is a Michelin-starred French restaurant.

The cruise brand’s culinary team, led by Michelin-starred chef Cornelius Gallagher, has specially crafted a multi-course tasting menu inspired by the film’s French and Indian cuisines, which vacationers can sample throughout the showing.

When the movie starts, attendees will be served Indian-inspired dishes such as crispy shrimp with tamarind or beef filet Bombay with mango pickle. Then, when the setting transitions to France, they will savor items such as truffled mushroom risotto, sea scallops with glazed leeks and port wine jus or bites of Valrhona chocolate cake with sweet vanilla chantilly.

From the announcement on Millennium class in March this year:

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/celebrity-extends-a-taste-of-film-experience-to-more-ships.html

Also, Celebrity Australia advises the cost on Solstice will now be US$20/film/person. Not sure whether the rate rise is due to cabanas, or just a general increase.

Thank you for doing the research to find this.

I remembered that the original roll out of the movies on the Summit was to have been movie inspired cuisine and the disappointment with the actual delivery. I wasn't willing to spend the time to go back and find those old posts so thanks for taking the time.

Thank you for doing the research to find this.

I remembered that the original roll out of the movies on the Summit was to have been movie inspired cuisine and the disappointment with the actual delivery. I wasn't willing to spend the time to go back and find those old posts so thanks for taking the time.

Sorry bout dat Karen. :o

I cant keep up at all it seems!:D

EW

Why on earth with all the facilities available would one want to pay to use the cabanas, apparently up to $150 per day. Its no wonder they were empty. Charging for cabanas is Modern Luxury gone awry

Wow. A lot won't pay that to sit all day. Although I may if we had a large group, small fee per person for our group to have a base all day.

Wow. A lot won't pay that to sit all day. Although I may if we had a large group, small fee per person for our group to have a base all day.

Last time we were on the Reflection they were sold out for the entire cruise, sea and port days. I think 4 is the max one will hold comfortably.

I think it's hysterical that she's touting solsticizing a Solstice class ship! Refreshing it, yes. Updating it, yes. Solsticizing it--I don't think so. It's already a Solstice class ship. Solsticizing is something they did to the M class ships.

Linda

:D I thought the same thing, her PR people should have thought about the phrasing a bit more

Edited by johhnnyt