Oasis ship tour

Ken Greco

I signed up for the $150 ship tour that lasts 3 1/2 hours. I have never done it; has anyone else done the tour?

I did the tour sometime around May 5th of this year. It was worthwhile. Accounts will vary somewhat. I'm glad I did it once on a ship like Oasis.

We did the "All Access Tour" on Allure of the Seas last month and had a great time. This was our first ship tour and thus we enjoyed it more. We got to see a lot behind the scenes activity that you would never know of. The tour made us appreciate and respect the crew even more.

If you have never done an "All Access Tour" (Ship Tour) before on any ship, then I do recommend it especially on such a large ship. If you have done these before then it is up to you. I would not spend the money again because most probably all the ships have the same concepts. BUT I am glad that we did do it on the Allure.

If you do decide to go, wear long pants and very comfortable closed toe shoes. There is a lot of walking and climbing down stairs. To go back up we took the elevators. They advertise for 3 1/2 hour tour, it does take that long and you only get to rest and sit for maybe 10/15 minutes.

Have Fun

Areas of the ship that would be included (not all perhaps, but many) are: Main kitchen, behind the scenes at the Aqua/Main/Ice theaters, engine control room (but not the engine room itself), laundry, food storage areas, recycling area, "I-95" and crew access areas, and bridge. Video and pictures can be taken anywhere except the bridge, which is restricted to pictures only. Closed toe shoes were required, but shorts were OK on our tour.

We did the full tour on Independence and thought it was well worth doing once.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We have never been required to pay for tours. Did Kitchen and Back Stage with Celebrity, but don't recall which ship. Did Bridge tour on Jewel. I enjoyed all tours, especially the kitchen tour. Don't know that I would be willing to pay.

We have never been required to pay for tours. Did Kitchen and Back Stage with Celebrity, but don't recall which ship. Did Bridge tour on Jewel. I enjoyed all tours, especially the kitchen tour. Don't know that I would be willing to pay.

Must have been some time ago with Jewel as RCI has not offered free bridge tours other than with Crown & Anchor D+ and and higher tier members for quite some time that I am aware of.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

My husband and I did the tour on the Oasis. You do go up and down stairs. We saw all the areas mentioned above. We also saw the aqua theatre drained as they were doing some minor repairs to the lift, which they said people rarely see on the tour. We felt it was worth the money and really enjoyed it.

Regarding the clothes for the tour, if you are uncomfortable in cold be aware you spend about 30 minutes in the cooler/freezer sections.

Cold in the provisions store and hot in the laundry.

When I did it on Allure it was about 3 hours total. We gathered at the appointed time of 9:00 am but didn't start until 9:30 and we were done by 12:30. YMMV

Must have been some time ago with Jewel as RCI has not offered free bridge tours other than with Crown & Anchor D+ and and higher tier members for quite some time that I am aware of.

Ever hear the expression, "It's not what you know, it's who you know?"

The Behind the Scenes tour is much more extensive and IMO worth doing once. DH and I did it on Oasis and really enjoyed it. We are eligible for the bridge, galley and theater tours for C&A, but wanted to see some of the other areas that make the ship run.

Ever hear the expression, "It's not what you know, it's who you know?"

On Freedom we got free bridge and galley tours by being in suite.

On Oasis or Allure the only tour offered was a quik tour of theatre.

It is a pay event on Oasis class. An excursion:eek:

Did it on Allure and enjoyed it.

No shorts and good walking shoes.

Enjoy we did.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info on the AAT, must wear long pants and maybe a light jacket for the freezer portion

Long pants is a rule.....jacket up to you...it is cold but you are not in there too long and of course other areas are quite warm