cruise 2633 Silver Wind TA

dougburns

Hooah Doug, thanks for sharing and coordinating with Daniel. Ida and I look forward to enjoying another Burns 701 blast!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoy the Crossing, Wes. We are following you on the Spirit, westbound from Barcelona to Barbados.

Thanks Philip, Doug, Lynn, Candy, Larry, Ida and I wish you Fair Winds and Following seas for your Spirit Cross. If/when you see David Bilsland (L'ecole des chefs) and Lawrence Almeida (SS Wine Ambassador), please pass our warm regards along and please remind them to disembark on time as they will also be on the Wind with us. :). WE adore David (for his cooking demo's and Ready Steady Cook competition, and we also can't (well I can't) wait to enjoy Lawrence's special wine tasting (hoping for Super Tuscans' but since we have near half dozen Spanish ports--we could have Spanish wines profiled in his special tasting. Enjoy your fall Spirit crossing and we hope to share another fall crossing with you in the near future.

Edited by WesW

Hello all,

Looks like there are 7 verandah suites left on this voyage in addition to the Royal of 601 and 602. Some pax may also get an upgrade from vista suite under a GTY fare depending upon their status with Silversea.

Eager to be aboard and to see all of you again. Doug, especially looking forward to the soirées.

Wes,

When does Cheffie and Lawrence come aboard?

I hadn't known they were going to be aboard, it's a great surprise!

Thanks Philip, Doug, Lynn, Candy, Larry, Ida and I wish you Fair Winds and Following seas for your Spirit Cross. If/when you see David Bilsland (L'ecole des chefs) and Lawrence Almeida (SS Wine Ambassador), please pass our warm regards along and please remind them to disembark on time as they will also be on the Wind with us. :). WE adore David (for his cooking demo's and Ready Steady Cook competition, and we also can't (well I can't) wait to enjoy Lawrence's special wine tasting (hoping for Super Tuscans' but since we have near half dozen Spanish ports--we could have Spanish wines profiled in his special tasting. Enjoy your fall Spirit crossing and we hope to share another fall crossing with you in the near future.

Thanks, Wes. Look forward to a future Crossing with you.

Candy, david joins us in barca pls see

Hi Wes. Yes, this time we will get to spend some time together on the crossing. I will join in Barcelona and sail to Puerto Rico. Today I'm in Shanghai, just back from the market. See you soon. David.

Still trying to learn when Lawrence joins us

Philip, ;).

Candy/Doug/all:

Have reached out to the Silversea vessel operations coordinator (Rosa) to double check/confirm who our key Wind crew leaders will be as well as when Lawrence (The Silversea Wine Ambassador will board). She gets the confirmed schedule next week and will let me know/confirm that our Capt will be Marco Sangiocomo, HD, Daniel Ilias, CD, Colin Brown--have also asked who are restaurant manager will be. Rosa, let me know that Capt. Arma is now on board the Wind now--at least through the Wind refurb. Rosa will also try to find out when Lawrence is boarding. Will keep u posted.

Edited by WesW

Candy/Doug/all:

Have reached out to the Silversea vessel operations coordinator (Rosa) to double check/confirm who our key Wind crew leaders will be as well as when Lawrence (The Silversea Wine Ambassador will board). She gets the confirmed schedule next week and will let me know/confirm that our Capt will be Marco Sangiocomo, HD, Daniel Ilias, CD, Colin Brown--have also asked who are restaurant manager will be. Rosa, let me know that Capt. Arma is now on board the Wind now--at least through the Wind refurb. Rosa will also try to find out when Lawrence is boarding. Will keep u posted.

Excellent work Wes.

Thank you Mr. Silver, please see below:

Captain: Marco Sangiacomo

HD: Daniel Ilias

CD: Colin Brown

DRM: Sergio De Moura

David Bilsland and Lawrence d’Almeida are both scheduled to be on board the crossing V2633.

Regards,

ROSA DELGADO

Vessel Operations Coordinator

Silversea Cruises

Wells Fargo Center | 333 SE 2nd Avenue | Suite 2600 | Miami, FL 33131 USA

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to move this up the listings, since we're very close now. I'm not sure how Cruise Critic lets SS know who has signed up for the M&M relative to invitations, since there are no last names on the roll call. Anyone know? At any rate, I want to re-iterate that the M&M will be in suite 701 at 1800(6:00 P.M) on the 17th out of Cartagena. I have already passed the info to Daniel Ilias, our HD and he said he would take care of it. I will re-confirm everything with him once we board. If all else fails I will ask Daniel to make an announcement or put the info in the daily schedule.

Bechi

You are right. The booking number is the key. You have to provide when you sign up/register to attend the M&M.

I have also found that sometimes the invitation to the M&M is inside the leather desk blotter with the stationery and other info and not found by pax until sometime later.

Doug,

So looking forward to this adventure! Thanks again in advance for your most gracious hospitality.

See you all very soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

HI Doug,

I checked and I'm actually listed twice. I'm Scorpio3358. I fly out on Nov 5th for 2 nights in Rome then sail to Barcelona where you will board. Looking forward to meeting.

Don't forget if you get the chance to post some photos of the pool deck, La Terrazza and MDR...... and as important.... the suites! Info on the bathroom and room changes seem a bit vague.

2 days to go and we'll be on our way to Barcelona. Haven't cruised for a couple of years and I'm really looking forward to being at sea again. Miss Lynn not so much, because she doesn't sleep well at sea. With me it must be a navy thing- the sailor returns to the sea! See you all in Barcelona! Safe travels.

2 days to go and we'll be on our way to Barcelona. Haven't cruised for a couple of years and I'm really looking forward to being at sea again. Miss Lynn not so much, because she doesn't sleep well at sea. With me it must be a navy thing- the sailor returns to the sea! See you all in Barcelona! Safe travels.

Doug, I wish we could again join you! And today, as a non-hero Navy Vietnam era veteran, I want to thank you, a great true hero of that time, for your incredible courage and sacrifice. Enjoy those safe blue seas!

Dieter

I have just "dropped into" this thread. I am SO JEALOUS. Wish I could be sailing with this happy group. Have the best time ever, and, please give all of us left behind a detailed, daily travelogue. I'd love to hear about the refurbishment...about the food, the weather, the crew...everything! Regards to Sergio...crazy about him. Mention fangs and see if he reacts. We were with him for two Halloweens..he's such a good sport! And David..he's the best!

I am sailing on a Wind crossing in the spring...can't wait!

I have just "dropped into" this thread. I am SO JEALOUS. Wish I could be sailing with this happy group. Have the best time ever, and, please give all of us left behind a detailed, daily travelogue. I'd love to hear about the refurbishment...about the food, the weather, the crew...everything!

Good Luck!! Hope things go well on this sailing. Did not have a chance till this morning to look at your upcoming trans-Atlantic cruise. Nice!! Glad that you have a number of good stops, including starting in Barcelona that we love so much. Not sure that we would like that many sea days, but this cruise does offers some very good options for port visits as you move west-bound. Glad you'll stopping in San Juan. Assume most have been there before, right?

If anyone needs ideas for San Juan, check out . . . .

San Juan: our “Pix's, Fun, Experiences”, check out this posting:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2264847

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 218,861 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here's the upcoming Silver Wind cruise departing Nov. 15. Looks good and very interesting.:

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-12%20at%2010.29.44%20AM_zpsufb0crrf.png

We're all packed and zipped up. Our ride to the airport arrives in a couple of hours. Long trip, but we'll make it as we usually do, even if I have a slight nicotine fit before we arrive in Barcelona. Dieter; Back at you my Vietnam veteran doc; wish you were going with us. We'll drink a toast to you and Debbie when we board. I'm really looking forward to all of those sea day- better food prep, better service and more socializing with well rested pax. We've been to all of the ports many times, so, other than a slight walk about in the ports we'll just enjoy the ship. Hope they ironed out any bugs during the yard period. Marriotti normally does a great job. Will post during the cruise, but I'll leave the pics to Wes. Since we have free internet he can post those on my account if necessary.