cruise 2633 Silver Wind TA

dougburns

Just saw a large vessel with containers go in the opposite direction.

We are literally in the middle of the ocean. The sound of the sea is calming and relaxing after all of the recent bashing we have had.

Every cruise has a personality.

I am not yet sure what I think about this one. I do know that officers are very attentive.

Crew is trying to please and pamper.

We are enjoying our verandah on the medallion suite very much. It's big, but chock full of furniture. I rearranged it and we now have lots of space to walk.we are on the port side by choice. Sun is ever present.

We keep to ourselves and venture out for meals. Met with cruise consultant today to investigate future bookings.

Thank you Julie our pleasure. Today we enjoyed a wonderful lunch and learn with Chef David in Le Champagned as he described how to prepare scallops with chorizo/spinach, ducks two ways, and roasted pineapple for desert. These dishes were prepared masterfully by Civan, Sommelier with a French Chardonnay and a Spanish Rioja. We had a light Italian Moscato with the pineapple. Ida and Doug are now with the Silversea wine ambassador for the exceptional champagne tasting in the Restaurant. Will enjoy the super tuscan tasting with Lawrence tomorrow followed by a special dinner served in Doug and Lynn's suite

.d89ecc226d812501c5d08029e737bc64.jpgdde8b8a3378428db994ea5949a4aff97.jpg65b7daba27b2fac56fd858cf0f715373.jpgf1b2f3a82beeb28ad87554427bef958f.jpg963226a3a1c9a2dfe4b4657a5bc5e298.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr. Silver and I and two other fortunate guests enjoyed the super tuscan wine tasting with Silveresea's wine ambassador yesterday. Ida and then had dinner in Restaurant 701 with Doug and Lynn.5a400c0a0a51fe14f667d2385673186c.jpg17a0016add02bf1477e9567b41e5966b.jpgc734b6409cd416ea7d119307b9334631.jpg233e8063d8eab64028a18bb630a885f1.jpg

Restaurant 701 .... love it. Such a good idea. Wished we'd done that when I was in 701 on the Cloud. I think our Butler Rodney was bored... we never even accepted his suggestions of afternoon canapés!

My wife always liked to have breakfast in the room, but I personally enjoyed being in la terrazza for breakfast. Hope she changes her mind for the Caribbean.

Happy to be heading home to the tropics.

Sea is a dark blue with a slight chop. Nothing of consequence. We are steaming along.

Our suite is chilly, air working well.

Level of service continues to amaze.

DH is getting antsy but enjoying a mystery novel, his first!

Looked into future cruising. We are already booked in the Spring.

Notably no Venetian society crossings we could find for 2018.

Day 6 of the ACBL Bridge tournament and heading for a massive transatlantic showdown on the 7th and final day of play. In the lead the nice, polite couple from one side of the ocean, and being followed close behind the aggressive, and extremely rude couple from the other side of the pond.

We all know where the first prize of a weeks cruise belongs!

Happy to be heading home to the tropics. Sea is a dark blue with a slight chop. Nothing of consequence. We are steaming along. Our suite is chilly, air working well. Level of service continues to amaze. DH is getting antsy but enjoying a mystery novel, his first! Looked into future cruising. We are already booked in the Spring. Notably no Venetian society crossings we could find for 2018.

Appreciate all of these wonderful updates from the Silver Wind crossing. From e-mails that Candy sent to me, here are a couple of visuals from their fun trans-Atlantic adventure. Hopefully, she will be to send and/or share more. Sorry for my delays with our travels and time with the grandsons in Virginia over the Thanksgiving holiday.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 161,682 views for this posting.

Here is Soriana discussing oranges and the difference between many of them!:

Nov2016TravelA%20017_zpsbzkabo0d.jpg

From Candy, here is a super nice Atlantic sunset visual!! Like??:

Nov2016TravelA%20016_zpsyh0hqqm1.jpg

Thanks Terry. Just a slight correction...that is a sunrise, and one of the most spectacular I have ever seen. I took about one hundred shots in succession and each one does not do justice to what the naked eye saw.

Yes, Spins, I am "guilty as charged" for goofing in saying it was a sunset when it was actually a sunrise picture. I did not realize till too late that this picture you had sent to me was a sunrise picture. Glad you corrected the record. Appreciate the details on capturing this image. Yes, getting the best pictures involves taking a variety of angles, exposures, etc. Got any more pictures to share from this TA crossing?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 219,159 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

We enjoyed another sea day on board highlights included "Ready Steady Cook" pairing Chef David with international hostess Solaia, and XChef Ross with Guest Relations Mgr Samantha. Last nite, Spinnaker2/Candy & Larry, Doug, Lynn, Ida and I along with Chef David had a delicious meal in the Restaurant with engaging conversation.b23ff7fa3a05f42842a9c4da86ab2ef3.jpgc5116ecc9036e8e2a6417a6e4b120206.jpgc59d217441d37138b4b2a4bb84ab0a49.jpg

Welcome to the third world (Puerto Rico) and the rough end of the docks today. Face to face immigration and the ship is being crawled over by the USCG and health police. All guests made to walk down 2 floor gangway regardless of ability, across wet, slippery and foul dock , then a further long walk to be fingerprinted.

Full crew drill with El Capitano sounding seriously harrassed.

Yikes. That sounds unpleasant. What's it going to like under Trump?

Have I got that to look forward to next March when the Wind starts its 10 day journey?

I have a full day in San Juan prior to leaving.... would be interested to hear what everyone gets up to in San Juan and recommends.

Edited by les37b

Had the same experience in Fort Lauderdale last spring when returning to US on Spirit from Santiago. Due to weather, we were a day early (Sunday evening) in FLL and evidently authorities needed overtime pay and nothing else to do on Sunday evening and full compliment forced to walk long distance to examination room - stand in lines - wait in stifling room until entire ship had been cleared - and then allowed back on ship about 8:30 p.m. - entire time dinner and kitchen crew on hold. We were not debarked until Monday morning -- terrible experience -- welcome to USA.

Coming off the Whisper after the Christmas cruise in January I had my hands swiped at security with tissue which was put in a machine. I quickly found out I was the chosen one when bleeps sounded an emergency, apparently me. I was then marched shoeless and luggage less through the scanners and other areas airside by two burly security men. They then handed me over to two burly women security officers with a snug nod as if to say"she's all yours". Meanwhile husband had a look of confusion of his face which I took to mean he was either horrified or relieved, he still won't admit which. As the "girls" started to search me in front of other staring passengers they were told I was even more "special" than they thought and I would have to have a more intimate search. Upshot was it wasn't as "intimate" as my horrified initial thought. And why you ask, simply put I had tested positive for explosives and where can they be found.........in hand sanitizers on board ships.

I rest my case, beware fellow cruisers.

Les,

Methinks you might be doing a DNA cheek swab or spitting in a test tube to clear thru customs. Perhaps a retina scan?

Who knows what's next.

lol

In 97 in Atlanta, I missed my 4 hour slot connecting flight to Tampa, waiting in line to clear passport control and customs. I got to the desk, they did the usual (retina scan I think?) and I was then asked if I had a blood sausage.

If it wasnt for the fact you dont mess with customs, I might have been tempted to ask if he wanted to see it!!! lol I can honestly say, that waiting for two hours to be asked one stupid question, did make me wonder what the point of them being there really was!

I'm assuming he was talking about a black pudding BTW, though who knows! :p