luggage valet ending

We just used it three weeks ago when we left Allure. This is the first that I heard about it possibly coming to an end.

EDIT: OP, I just returned from the Celebrity boards and it has been stopped there. I hope they will continue with it at RC. It reads that Celebrity is looking for a new provider to handle the service, which makes me wonder why the other stopped without a replacement waiting in the wings.

2nd Edit: It appears as though it ended in July of 2016 on Celebrity. We used it on September 4th, 2016 on Allure.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Oh my no !

It is a money maker for them and Is

still a suite perk.

If anything they will probably raise the fee.

Enjoy

We do

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Although I had complimentary luggage valet with a suite on my August 21 Allure cruise, the flyer showed an increase to $25 each. So you are right! (I would still pay it though if not in a suite:))

Ok, I plead STUPID.... we just cruise to enjoy and really don't expect nothing (except for a seat in the CL/SL LOL), but what the heck is this about? Another perk we have never used? How do you find out about all these "perks" we are anointed upon us.

I am from the South, never much thought about these such things.... we just returned from the big city, NYC, had a great time... but wasn't told until I got back, that I wasn't supposed to carry my luggage, SAY WHAT?

Edited by troykahack

Ok, I plead STUPID.... we just cruise to enjoy and really don't expect nothing (except for a seat in the CL/SL LOL), but what the heck is this about? Another perk we have never used? How do you find out about all these "perks" we are anointed upon us.

I am from the South, never much thought about these such things.... we just returned from the big city, NYC, had a great time... but wasn't told until I got back, that I wasn't supposed to carry my luggage, SAY WHAT?

Do you ever fly to a cruise? It's for people who fly. Your luggage is taken from the cruise ship and sent directly to the airport. You don't see it again until you reach your destination airport.

If it's offered, then you get an info sheet on it in your cabin during the cruise. You fill it out and return. I guess you have not cruised on a cruise where it's offered

The form is also on the tv system(on certain ships) and can be filled out there

Edited by setsail

We've used it on any cruise where it is offered. When we got to the airport from the ship, we could go right to the gate and not wait in the long line to check in our luggage. Even when we had the time to wait in the long line, we paid the money for luggage valet and avoided the hassle. It was $40.00 for the two of us the last time we did it, but it appears to have gone up.

The first time we used was in Puerto Rico and then we had to find our luggage and turn it in for luggage valet. I had doubts it would arrive at our airport, there was such a feeling of chaos when we left it. We did not get home until 11:45 p.m. and our luggage rolled onto the turnstile in Kansas City just as it was supposed to. :D

Edited by KansasK

This is a great program and I use it whenever I can. It is so convenient having your luggage sent straight through from the ship to the final destination, so all I need to lug around is a carry-on bag. I wonder if the airlines are charging more to the cruise companies for the service so the latter are just dropping it or if there are security rules that are creating a problem (in which case I would think all cruise lines would need to drop the service at the same time). I hope they continue the service, even if they end up charging more. (Oops, I should not have written that; that don't need any encouragement to tack on more extra fees and charges.)