Must have!

famreynoso

Here's a basic one you can find in any Walmart.

[ATTACH]395149[/ATTACH]

Must haves for us are power strip, fan and night light. All mentioned before. Pretty simple.

Here's a question, I have a few of them at home that look like that, how do you know if it has a surge protector or not?

• 2 months later...
Thanks I have done that. I have also heard that someone took a sugar packet to the wok area and asked for it to be mixed with the soy sauce. I just thought that I would like the Teriyaki sauce better, but who knows if I will really take it with me?

I have been bringing a bottle of Teriyaki sauce for the Mongolian Wok for 7 or 8 years now, don't care for any of their sauces either. I have also heard of the sugar packet and soy sauce. And I bring Horseradish for the Ruben sandwiches from the Deli. A bag of some kind of salty chip and M&M's. ;)

Good evening all,

My must haves are: cash for spending in ports and sunscreen.

I never wear near as many clothes as I bring. The pillows are fine. No need for a fan. Hair dryers are available, if you ask.

The Hub App can be use to communicate unless you choose to go old school and use stickies.

Can't wait for my new cruise in May 2017.

Tums (... and of course any other OTC or prescrips you take regularly ... but for me TUMS!!!!!)

Facial products - cleanser/moisturizer

Other than those two items, I think I could go super low maintenance and make do with the ships shampoo & body wash ... but I have tiny bottles so why not take my own ... body wash, body moisturizer/lotion and leave in hair conditioner as well as mega-sunblock for the face, and a lower SPF for body.

We did room service breakfast most mornings and sometimes there wasn't enough coffee creamer, so I just stopped at one of the 'self serve' stations and snagged several creamers/sugar packets to take back to the room in a coffee mug and had them there for the rest of the trip. Similarly, after one casual 'on deck' lunch with no mustard available ... I put a pack of each available condiment in a ziploc in my pool bag to have on hand if needed.

Edited by Cro_and_Swan

Whats the one thing or several things you must bring from home that carnival doesnt have or its not good enough for you? (Pillow, creamers, salsa, etc).

Just curious, might give me or others some "a ha" ideas.......

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Interesting posts. The one "must have" that I bring is my wife. Cruising wouldn't be as much fun without her. I doubt that Carnival could provide one that would be "good enough" as a replacement. :rolleyes::D

I've gotten some good ideas from these posts, things that I think of, but forget to pack. Like binoculars. I know hubby will appreciate having them. I do bring an extension cord to keep my phone, tablet and camera charged. I have a small travel alarm clock. I have a few strings of battery powered christmas lights that I use in the bathroom and our room, since we are in an interior cabin. I also make trail mix for the holidays and bring a bag of that to have for snacks when we are in port... sometimes it's enough to keep us going so we don't have to buy lunch. And I bring a can or two of Pringles... hubby is a chipaholic. I bring a 12-pack of diet coke and my travel mug for coffee and a cold travel cup for ice, and a soft sided cooler. I also always bring my own snorkel gear. I always say I'm going to pack light, but I never do and end up bringing home half of the clothes I brought unworn and wear the same beach cover up dress and/or shorts day after day. I do spend a lot of time in the pool or ocean so I bring at least 2, usually 3, bathing suits. And LOTS of sunscreen and a hat. I don't bring towels, but I do have sarongs that I bring to sit on on the beach or lounge chairs. Take up less room and weigh less to lug around. I usually have at least a day or two in the port city before the cruise so I buy my shampoo and condition and soda there so it's not weighing down my suitcase on the airplane. After reading these posts I think I will add tea bags to my list. I don't drink a lot of it but when you need/want it, you do, and it doesn't take up much space or weight. And this year, for the first time, I'm bringing an over the door shoe holder for the bathroom. We are cruising out of San Juan two weeks from Sunday. So psyched!!!

Peppermint tea bags!! All that food gives me an upset stomach and I couldn't find this anywhere on the ship! They used to have different teas but people were stealing them! [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We keep peppermint tea bags at home, in our cars, in our toiletry kit =D

This is truly JUST a question of curiosity and not a criticism or dig of any kind ... but for those who've mentioned travel alarm clocks ... do you really find them that necessary or handy? We both had cell phones which have alarm functions and we used the 'wake up call' feature on the cabin phone ... and I enjoyed leaving the curtains open a bit (with the sheers closed) at night so that the sunrise could wake us up if we weren't already up and about.

Again, nothing negative intended, I'm just curious and stashing away info and tips for 'next time.' :confused:

This is truly JUST a question of curiosity and not a criticism or dig of any kind ... but for those who've mentioned travel alarm clocks ... do you really find them that necessary or handy? We both had cell phones which have alarm functions and we used the 'wake up call' feature on the cabin phone ... and I enjoyed leaving the curtains open a bit (with the sheers closed) at night so that the sunrise could wake us up if we weren't already up and about.

Again, nothing negative intended, I'm just curious and stashing away info and tips for 'next time.' :confused:

I don't personally use the travel alarm clocks, but not everyone has a cell phone and the wake up call can be a little annoying, especially if someone were to have mobility issues and it takes them a while to get out of bed. I sometimes have a hard time sleeping if I don't know what time it is when I wake up during the night, so I always have to have a clock of some kind nearby. On trips, I keep my watch on the bedside table. Just my take on things

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Used gift card in case the safe is a card-swipe type. Plastic hangars and clothes pins from the dollar store for wet clothes-for $2, don't bother to take home. Magnetic hooks for the walls. Great for clothes, hats, etc.

And last but not least, a pillow top mattress pad in a vacuum compression bag. Totally cannot handle the hard mattresses. The room steward will gladly help compress it with his/her vacuum when it's time to go home.

It has been a few months since I have actually been on here, as I have been so buy with getting ready for Christmas, but NOW that it is today, I may be able to get on here more.

I really like this list (haven't read all the suggestions), but with 7 others going with me, I always make a LIST for myself, of what to bring especially in my luggage, than I mark it off, as I put it in there, with the medicine one of the last items to mark off. I also type up a list of our itinerary, days at sea, hours at ports, etc., This way it gives me an idea of how much time I have, as well as I can tell the other 7 that will be going with me too. They DEPEND upon me, as I cruised before many times, and pretty much know the angles of some things. As you can guess, I am still learning in some areas. I do NOT bring a hair dryer, which is great, as I know they have one, so I can pack something else in that place.:)

Love this thread! Leave for our first b2b in a week and I am not packing light! Although I never do. My must haves though are liquid soap and germx in pump bottles. I don't care how short the cruise is I buy new bottles and leave them behind. Hate washing my hands with a bar of hotel soap! Lol! Also my huggable hangers. I could go on and on but I'm very high maintenance when it comes to comfort. I spend about an hour as soon as we get our luggage making our room as comfortable as our home. We may not use half the stuff I unpack and put away, but the fact that it's available makes me relax and enjoy my vacation more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

My slightly unusual things I bring are a few types of essential oils. Peppermint for tummy upsets, lavebndar for sunburn, but bites, headaches etc and Thieves for a quick cleanup of hands when needed as well as supporting our immune systems if anyone feels a cough or sore throat coming on.

Otherwise, shampoo and conditioner as I don't like the ones in the showers.