Must have!

famreynoso

I have to bring my own shampoo, shower gel, facial cleanser and a poof for the shower. I think I will also bring my own Teriyaki sauce or something like that for the Wok place at lunch. I don't like any of their sauces, but I love Mongolian(type) BBQ. So far I haven't done that, but I am giving serious thought to it.

I used to bring Pringles for my husband as well as cashew nuts. He always liked to have snacks late afternoon and they had to be salty.

Oh, I also used to bring my own snorkel gear as I don't like how the cruise ones or even private ones are cleaned.

It's not advertised, but you can ask for low sodium soy sauce instead of the listed sauces. That's what we always do because we don't care for the ones they advertise either

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree 7 day vacation you might find out you don't need all the extras

I think it's more about being prepared. On land based vacations you can run to the store if you need something. I definitely wasn't thrilled on my first cruise when I had to cough up $12 for a box of Benadryl. Now the mini pharmacy comes with me

It's not advertised, but you can ask for low sodium soy sauce instead of the listed sauces. That's what we always do because we don't care for the ones they advertise either

Thanks I have done that. I have also heard that someone took a sugar packet to the wok area and asked for it to be mixed with the soy sauce. I just thought that I would like the Teriyaki sauce better, but who knows if I will really take it with me?

Going on our first cruise next week and the main thing I'm trying to figure out is whether I can bring a power strip or not. I see several people mention that power strips are on their 'must' list but I also see people say that these are not safe, though this does seem to be limited to those with surge protection. Can someone actually share a link to one that would be considered ok for the cruise ship? Thanks.

Edited by fingolfin269

Going on our first cruise next week and the main thing I'm trying to figure out is whether I can bring a power strip or not. I see several people mention that power strips are on their 'must' list but I also see people say that these are not safe, though this does seem to be limited to those with surge protection. Can someone actually share a link to one that would be considered ok for the cruise ship? Thanks.

The type I take is the one I bought at the dollar tree. No surge protector and brand new. No problems

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

As long as you get one without a surge protector you're okay.

Peppermint tea bags!! All that food gives me an upset stomach and I couldn't find this anywhere on the ship! They used to have different teas but people were stealing them! [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is probably my only "must bring" on a cruise. When they removed them from the Lido deck and made them harder to find AND a hefty charge, we started to include them in our toiletry kit. Usually if we need one, we need it in the middle of the night and RIGHT NOW :o Nothing spells relief like peppermint tea.

It's been so long since we cruised- I remember bringing a clock that shines on the ceiling before. Will there be a clock in our cabin on the Breeze? I always say I'm going to pack light-and NEVER DO! We have a cruise on the Breeze in November, really would like to leave some things behind! Using my cell phone as a clock isn't my idea of convenient!

What about this: hard 12X12 ice chest-

as a carry on.... it fits on a separate "dolly" with wheels- both can go through the scanner for carry on- sounds crazy..... We got the wheels- with a detachable "bag" and fold out "seat"- and the plastic ice chests fits on the wheels, for our soda..... Seemed like a good idea at the time.... We will have to "practice" soon to see if it works like it should, or if we should just do a collapsible cooler instead.....

Can someone actually share a link to one that would be considered ok for the cruise ship? Thanks.

Here's a basic one you can find in any Walmart.

power.jpg.b902dc2f4795ed95dc5a316d3938e7e3.jpg

Must haves for us are power strip, fan and night light. All mentioned before. Pretty simple.

Tea bags, now that they've started charging for anything other than basic Lipton.

Definitely tea bags. I am allergic to black tea and drink hibiscus tea. They want $1.95 for the Art of Tea bags. I brought an entire box of hibiscus tea bags that only cost $1.86.

I also bring my own shampoo and conditioner and a bar of Olivia Care soap and my own pillow.

It's been so long since we cruised- I remember bringing a clock that shines on the ceiling before. Will there be a clock in our cabin on the Breeze? I always say I'm going to pack light-and NEVER DO! We have a cruise on the Breeze in November, really would like to leave some things behind! Using my cell phone as a clock isn't my idea of convenient!

There was no clock when we sailed on the Breeze last year. I always bring a battery operated travel alarm clock.

What about this: hard 12X12 ice chest-

as a carry on.... it fits on a separate "dolly" with wheels- both can go through the scanner for carry on- sounds crazy..... We got the wheels- with a detachable "bag" and fold out "seat"- and the plastic ice chests fits on the wheels, for our soda..... Seemed like a good idea at the time.... We will have to "practice" soon to see if it works like it should, or if we should just do a collapsible cooler instead.....

We got a little hard cooler, 12 X 12 in Big Lots for $10. We just strapped it on top of our little rolling carry on. Worked well.

But we've graduated to folding cooler in our luggage. So much easier...

Tiny sewing kit, in the event of a needed repair.

Pepsi for DH and Diet Pepsi for me along with a folding, non-sweat cooler. Tervis tumblers.

Mini-pharmacy, as others have said.

Binoculars for sea watching - maybe see dolphins?

And of course all of my own grooming things - DH uses those provided, but I prefer my own.

Small (4") electric fan. Power strips are not allowed. I bring a short ext. cord. 2 travel mugs w/lids. We like to walk around with coffee.

Power strips ARE allowed as long as they don't have a surge protector.

This is a list of ALLOWED ITEMS per Carnival website:

Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261/~/restricted-items-list

Here's a basic one you can find in any Walmart.

[ATTACH]395149[/ATTACH]

Must haves for us are power strip, fan and night light. All mentioned before. Pretty simple.

Very similar (allowed and functional) are available at all of our $.99 stores and some of the DollarTrees.

gary