Upgrade Advantage Offer Escape Help. ??

purpletequila

But upsell department not doing anything to rectify and still giving their story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just spoke to someone at NCL and was told that my vacation club was definitely not included in this pilot program. The cruise line chose which agencies to include based on the amount of sales they brought in. This surprised me, since this is a very large travel business and I thought their cruise sales volume would be high. She told me that I would not be able to upgrade, unless I pay the full price.

Hope you have better luck. :)

We originally booked a category BX balcony sailing this December 10, onboard the Escape.

I called the upsell department and requested to have them send the offer to me via email so I can submit bids for updgrade.

I was told that they do not send any emails manually and it was the "system" that automatically sends the emails out, therefore if I didn't receive an email there is nothing they can do...

hmmmm that doesn't sound like what I read on earlier posts? :confused:

I guess they don't want my extra $$..

Edited by Warm-Water Diver

Keep checking your spam mail. Also maybe they are starting their new bidding game just 30 days out

Gotcha on the spam folder, but I thought I saw someone post that they received the upgrade email and were sailing 1 week later than I am (December 17th)?

Edited by Warm-Water Diver

I sail on the Epic Sunday on a CAS comp w airfare and just upsell from IX to H5 for 500 ea. This new program looks like it is working they are getting more money on higher categories. My total cost with insurance UDP and UBP was 2000 if I paid full cabin price over 8k plus I have free airfare transfers and one night hotel. Loving NCL upsell and CAS right now.

I sail on the Epic Sunday on a CAS comp w airfare and just upsell from IX to H5 for 500 ea. This new program looks like it is working they are getting more money on higher categories. My total cost with insurance UDP and UBP was 2000 if I paid full cabin price over 8k plus I have free airfare transfers and one night hotel. Loving NCL upsell and CAS right now.

Did you have to bid on Epic too or called upsell dept???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We originally booked a category BX balcony sailing this December 10, onboard the Escape.

I called the upsell department and requested to have them send the offer to me via email so I can submit bids for updgrade.

I was told that they do not send any emails manually and it was the "system" that automatically sends the emails out, therefore if I didn't receive an email there is nothing they can do...

hmmmm that doesn't sound like what I read on earlier posts? :confused:

I guess they don't want my extra $$..

I'm on the Escape 10/29 sailing.

I called 10/4, and they sent me the e-mail by the time I ended the telephone call.

6 weeks out might be a little early. I'd try calling them again about 3 weeks before your cruise,

I'm sailing 12/3 on the Escape and go the email today. I'm currently in a M5-Mid-Ship Mini-Suite. I put in 2 bids on H6 and H7. I may raise my bids it in a week or so if I don't hear something before then.

Lesson I learned. H6 has a large balcony left coated in back of ship. We bid on both H6&7 and raised bids a couple days later. Ended up with h7 front of ship but I have read it is a very small balcony but less walk to haven. Good luck. I am excited about our cruise next saturday

Lesson I learned. H6 has a large balcony left coated in back of ship. We bid on both H6&7 and raised bids a couple days later. Ended up with h7 front of ship but I have read it is a very small balcony but less walk to haven. Good luck. I am excited about our cruise next saturday

How much did you have to raise the bids above their minimum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in H7 on our last cruise and absolutely loved it. We loved that the bedroom is it's own room. That's the reason I put in the bid for either one. We stayed in the Courtyard penthouse as well. The balcony is small but it was only the 2 of us so it was good enough. Besides you have the Haven lounge to go to.

We were in H7 on our last cruise and absolutely loved it. We loved that the bedroom is it's own room. That's the reason I put in the bid for either one. We stayed in the Courtyard penthouse as well. The balcony is small but it was only the 2 of us so it was good enough. Besides you have the Haven lounge to go to.

Really no regrets. There are only 2 of us and we will be seeing things first at the front of the ship. Also looking forward to the private bedroom

I just called and confirmed they have no provision for working with a family that has purchased two cabins. Each reservation number will be processed separately with no way to ensure any upgrade keeps you together. Tempted to just bid on a suite and then move the kids to a nearby cabin if/when we were upgraded. With the old system, they shared available inventory with you so you could manage location/logistics with any change. Hmmm.

I just called and confirmed they have no provision for working with a family that has purchased two cabins. Each reservation number will be processed separately with no way to ensure any upgrade keeps you together. Tempted to just bid on a suite and then move the kids to a nearby cabin if/when we were upgraded. With the old system, they shared available inventory with you so you could manage location/logistics with any change. Hmmm.

Rumor also has been that they're now enforcing the rule that each cabin must have an adult (21+) if it is not a connecting room. Adjoining rooms MAY be OK, but I haven't seen anyone confirming that scenario yet.

Called the upsell line for our upcoming cruise. She said if we didn't get an email, it meant out TA opted out (which matches what others have said). So I called the TA I used to book this sailing and asked them to call Norwegian and see if they could add me to the upsell. After being on hold for about 10 minutes, she confirmed her agency did opt out completely from the upsell program. As to why, the TA's customer service person did not have a good answer, but the NCL Upsell agent said it was due to the large number of emails their upsell program generates. You'd think the TAs would want the additional revenue, but oh well. We'll probably be booking direct through NCL from now on. Weird.

We are booked on escape 12/17 sailing with the girls in a non-connecting room next door. Same as our getaway cruise this last June. It wasn't a problem and we booked just a few weeks ago. I've read about the strict adherence to the policy too. The NCL booking agent got a supervisor's approval and set us up. My girls will be 20 and 16 at sailing. So, didn't have to waste one of their incentives on soda, that they absolutely don't drink. Not at all our experience. I was hoping to upsell to the haven but don't see that happening.

Is there a way top find out what agencies are participating in this program, other than checking with each agency? I have an email into the travel agency I am currently booked with, as we are not sailing until July, so I could cancel and rebook in order to be eligible for the program, but I don't know if there is another agency I should look at or if I should just book direct. On our cruise last April we upsold to the Haven, so I would really like to have access to whatever program is in place for my sailing so that I can try to move up again.

Is there a way top find out what agencies are participating in this program, other than checking with each agency? I have an email into the travel agency I am currently booked with, as we are not sailing until July, so I could cancel and rebook in order to be eligible for the program, but I don't know if there is another agency I should look at or if I should just book direct. On our cruise last April we upsold to the Haven, so I would really like to have access to whatever program is in place for my sailing so that I can try to move up again.

No. NCL could not tell me either. I don't even think the agents of the TAs know. Our TA was surprised to hear that news. I've seen a few post their TA on this or other threads, but your best best, if you want to try to upsell, is to book direct to be safe. Unfortunately I'm past final payment. We're happy with our balcony (although we MAY switch to an aft balcony for the extra balcony space), but would have been much happier in the Haven at a steep discount :-)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2415638

This is a great thread of successful upgrade stories...

I am trying to upgrade on the Escape sailing 11/12. I had to ask for the invitation from the upgrade department as it was not sent automatically...hopefully I will be posting on this board soon!

Has anyone received an upgrade bid acceptance yet? We're on Dec 17, 2016 sailing. Booked yesterday and receive upgrade email today. I have two side by side family balcony rooms for us and DDs. With upsell line, you could call and find out specifically what rooms were available, managing proximity. Can't imagine they could accommodate upgrading to two side by side suites. Don't really see a provision for particioating this way...

Yes, they accepted our offer about 2 weeks ago and we sail 11/13. They are very particular and definitely will not accommodate you by putting your group side by side. Honestly, they would probably have better results if they were willing to keep groups together.

I specifically bid on the haven Aft because the website only showed deck 9 (biggest balcony, best room layout) was available; when I got my upgrade it was deck 11 (small deck, bad layout) I called and it took me quite sometime to get a supervisor to change it for me. She said they would not be willing to make this change again so I need to read the "fine print" which I did and it is very misleading. Hope this helps and you enjoy your trip !

I got an offer today for my January cruise. H4 to H2, $750-2k per person option.

Seems a lot to me to upgrade from a 2 bedroom to a slightly bigger 2 bedroom.

I agree, it seems the Upgrade Advantage program has not fixed the same problem with the upsell department, other than not offering suites to insides and ocean views. It seems the offer/selling price is basically the same independent of what category you are moving from, making moving from one suite to higher suite impractical. Offering much better deals for non-siutes to move up is just another way NCL is going to depress their regular price, prior to fire-sale suite bookings.