Orange drink now being served for breakfast?

mrneil001

Was on the lido this morning on the Glory and grabbed what I thought was OJ. Tasted funny then looked at the label and it said Orange Drink. Am I wrong or didn't carnival have real OJ in the past? Could have sworn I saw OJ on my last cruise just a few months ago.

Edited by mrneil001

Was on the lido this morning on the Glory and grabbed what I thought was OJ. Tasted funny then looked at the label and it said Orange Drink. Am I wrong or didn't carnival have real OJ in the past? Could have sworn I saw OJ on my last cruise just a few months ago.

Was it Tang? What the astronauts drink? :eek::D

Yes, they were serving reconstituted orange juice from frozen concentrate. OP, please ask the ship's Food Manager if this is a temporary measure or a permanent change. If you ask any food supervisor in the Lido ( wearing whites ) they can direct you to the Food Manager.

So I went up to the front lido buffet to refill some water and the juice machine showed orange juice! Now I'm confused.. I'll ask them later this week to see if there's a difference between the two. Time for a alcoholic bev ;)

Edited by mrneil001

So I went up to the front lido buffet to refill some water and the juice machine showed orange juice! Now I'm confused.. I'll ask them later this week to see if there's a difference between the two. Time for a alcoholic bev ;)

Vodka and Orange Drink?

Yes, they were serving reconstituted orange juice from frozen concentrate. OP, please ask the ship's Food Manager if this is a temporary measure or a permanent change. If you ask any food supervisor in the Lido ( wearing whites ) they can direct you to the Food Manager.

VERY watered down reconstituted orange juice. The "drink" may be an improvement :rolleyes:

I didn't care to much for it when I used to get it out of the machines. So I just stuck with water for breakfast. Guess it will be water again this cruise unless I can find some good can orange oj to take onboard. Can you mix taking a 6 pack of juice and a 6 pack of ginger ale to make the 12 along with a bottle of wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't care to much for it when I used to get it out of the machines. So I just stuck with water for breakfast. Guess it will be water again this cruise unless I can find some good can orange oj to take onboard. Can you mix taking a 6 pack of juice and a 6 pack of ginger ale to make the 12 along with a bottle of wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, any combination, we always have 4 cans of each favorite to total 12 each.

If it has actual OJ in it, it can be called juice.

If it has no OJ and is just flavored water it can't be called juice.

Probably a liquid concentrate mixed with water. Like an industrial version of those "mio" water flavor enhancers.

If it has actual OJ in it, it can be called juice.

If it has no OJ and is just flavored water it can't be called juice.

Probably a liquid concentrate mixed with water. Like an industrial version of those "mio" water flavor enhancers.

I assume you mean water added as in the factory (or where it was made). Unless they have changed something in the last 5 or 6 weeks, I have seen them open cartons and fill the containers. The point is that I don't think the staff is mixing or diluting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I assume you mean water added as in the factory (or where it was made). Unless they have changed something in the last 5 or 6 weeks, I have seen them open cartons and fill the containers. The point is that I don't think the staff is mixing or diluting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No. That's not what I meant at all. Although those cartons you see are concentrated juice and are diluted.

What I am talking about is a "water enhancer" type flavoring. That would be why something would be called "Orange Drink" and not Orange Juice.

Edited by LMaxwell