Half Moon Cay

bhorney32

I know that it is a beach with not much there, but is alcohol available? If so, what age?

Carnival Sunshine- June 21, 2014

Carnival Valor- June 20, 2015

Carnival Dream- June 19, 2016

Carnival Ecstasy- October 15, 2016

Of course there is alcohol. It is a major revenue source for cruise lines.

Even though the island is Bahamian territory, I believe the minimum age for alcohol service on HMC is 21. The same as aboard ship. At least that is my memory.

Edited by broberts

HMC is a Carnival island and everything on the island is just like it is on ship, ie free lunch is served buffet style like on Lido, alcohol can be purchased (as well as anything else) using your sail and sign card. I believe the last time we were there they had floating mats available for $14. There is a playground area with items for kids. It is really a nice beach excursion day. The water is beyond beautiful. You will actually be "tendered" over to the island. Enjoy!!

It's just like being on the ship,..same rules apply. EVERYTHING comes from the ship, too...food, drink, etc...

Plenty of trees for shade! You really don't need to spend a penny there, if you don't want to!

Edited by cb at sea

How hard it is to get shade? (We don't want to rent a cabana). We would like to rent a clamshell or be under trees. Thanks!

If you are on the beach, very limited space for shade. But renting a clamshell is super easy. Just pick a chair and they will come along with the tools to put the umbrella thing up for you. They walk up and down the beach all day. No worries. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Clamshell rentals are $19.95 and include 2 loungers with the clamshell. This is really your best option for shade while on the beach. There is also bar service on the beach but it is quicker to just go to the fake pirate ship and get your own. BBQ is delicious. You will love it!

• 1 month later...
It's just like being on the ship,..same rules apply. EVERYTHING comes from the ship, too...food, drink, etc...

Plenty of trees for shade! You really don't need to spend a penny there, if you don't want to!

If you have the 15 drink a day package on the ship, is it going to be good for the HMC day??

If you have the 15 drink a day package on the ship, is it going to be good for the HMC day??

Sorry, this is another bum scoop from cb at sea. While many things are the same as on the ship, Holland America, and I believe it is true for Carnival as well, don't allow their drink packages to be used on HMC.

How hard it is to get shade? (We don't want to rent a cabana). We would like to rent a clamshell or be under trees. Thanks!

We were on HMC on 11/21 in cabana 10 (green). There are shady areas between cabanas 9, 10, and 11. There is a hammock between 10 and 11 and lots of loungers. Also the last restroom is located behind #9. Most people did not walk down to this area, so it was not crowded (2 ships there) Hope this helps.

Lisa

Clamshell rentals are $19.95 and include 2 loungers with the clamshell. This is really your best option for shade while on the beach. There is also bar service on the beach but it is quicker to just go to the fake pirate ship and get your own. BBQ is delicious. You will love it!

Pretty sure they're $29.95 now. At least that's what's showing on my Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in January. :(