A Cabin Pricing Strategy that makes sense?

Their bean counters and marketeers have years of data - their bottom line been good - why would they take advice from any consumer?

Coming from a "bean counter" with years in public accounting and consulting experience, the "bean counters" have ZERO to do with it. "We" issue an opinion on the financial statements they provide, test their controls, and make tax provisions and compile the returns.

Just sayin! This is all from consultants and the BOD.

Coming from a "bean counter" with years in public accounting and consulting experience, the "bean counters" have ZERO to do with it. "We" issue an opinion on the financial statements they provide, test their controls, and make tax provisions and compile the returns.

Just sayin! This is all from consultants and the BOD.

Call them what you want. someone at RCI has all the data on what works to generate revenue and they've probably been doing it for years and knows the cruising consumer. They are much better informed than someone on an internet forum on what works and what doesn't.

I tried to make sense of their deals, but noticed that sometimes the gross price changed making the discount meaningless. I have found myself setting up a spreadsheet and attempting to track prices over time to determine a good price. After doing that a while I have found that the best idea is to set your own optimal price for specific class of cabin on a specific class of ship and if the pricing is within that range it is a good deal. I recently booked on board for the first time, the price was a bit higher than what I had booked for the cruise, but I thought I would track prices and ask the cruiseline to match if I found a better deal. So far they have generally been higher. Today was different at it would save me about $35 on cost of cruise, but not sure what happens to the onboard credit..... so I will hold off a while and see if I get a better deal closer to full payment date.

Generally the best pricing I have gotten has been when the cruise is about 2-3 weeks out.. But I like the whole looking forward thing.

I am curious, but the pricing for a balcony cabin on an Oasis class ship seems a bit better than on smaller ships, I assume that this is because of the margins being better on the larger ship. Another observation is that cruises around 9/11 seem better, I assume people would rather not fly... great for those driving to port

keep in mind with balcony prices on Oasis class, You might be seeing the entry level balcony which could be a Central park Or Boardwalk balcony, not an outside balcony that you would be looking at on any other class ship.