Win a Balcony Suite on Scenic's Gems of the Seine!

Host Jazzbeau

For those like me who scroll quickly past the Announcements area at the top of the screen, there is a new Cruise Critic context for October to Win a Balcony Suite on Scenic's Gems of the Seine! [The downside of entering such contests is that you get on the cruise line's mailing list -- but since Scenic is only starting to widen their marketing reach in the US, I for one welcome that]

http://www.cruisecritic.com/contest/Scenic_Gems_of_the_Seine_Cruise_Sweeps/

...there is a new Cruise Critic context for October to Win a Balcony Suite on Scenic's Gems of the Seine!

Question: Since this contest offers a Seine River cruise, WHY is it headed by what sure looks like a photo of Rüdesheim am Rhein?:confused: I get the feeling that CruiseCritic or Scenic (or maybe both) don't have a clue.

For those like me who scroll quickly past the Announcements area at the top of the screen, there is a new Cruise Critic context for October to Win a Balcony Suite on Scenic's Gems of the Seine! [The downside of entering such contests is that you get on the cruise line's mailing list -- but since Scenic is only starting to widen their marketing reach in the US, I for one welcome that]

Totally missed it at the top, thanks!

Question: Since this contest offers a Seine River cruise, WHY is it headed by what sure looks like a photo of Rüdesheim am Rhein?:confused: I get the feeling that CruiseCritic or Scenic (or maybe both) don't have a clue.

I guess it's that pan-Europe thing: there is no France or Germany any more :D

Thanks for posting this link! We did a Rhine cruise in June and the photo definitely looks like Rudesheim!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is related to River Cruising. So not every contest but it's nice to dream about winning a trip.

By the way Cruise Critic owns Trip Advisor and they DO sell cruises and other travel.

Happy to know about contest that involves winning a River Cruise :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you really want to list every new sales promotion item on CC?

I can see the boards getting clogged with "special offers".

My understanding was thar CC should not promote specific lines, etc.

I try to re-post every article on Cruise Critic about River Cruising, as a service to those who don't read the news pages. This one is actually posted as an official Announcement thread near the top of this River Cruising forum, but I missed it [and Imasima752 did too, confirming my belief that others would]. I didn't make the call to post the Article or the Announcement -- but it is a common practice of Cruise Critic to run special contests with cruise line sponsorship, or to set up a special Q&A forum for a particular cruise line [note the sections for CroisiEurope and AMA at the top of this forum]. Those are all co-sponsored, so they are like the Ads that pay for Cruise Critic -- or would you rather pay a monthly subscription fee?

Thank you Jazz for pointing this out, missed it to but like ozjohnno cannot see it to take a guess at where the picture was taken. We did the very first one of this cruise and it was superb and although we didn't get to moor up in Honfluer it was still excellent, full on, and in time might even consider doing it again to do the bits we missed. CA

I guess it's that pan-Europe thing: there is no France or Germany any more :D
A thousand years from now neither France or Germany will exist, but Rüdesheim am Rhein will probably still be right there on the Rhine, not on the Seine. Just saying....

I had thought about posting my (somewhat snotty) comment about companites lack of geographically knowledge, but had refrained, selfishly figuring that the fewer who noticed the contest, the better my chances of winning.:p A backhanded way of saying that I think it is appropriate for you to post links to CC news articles and contests that are river cruising related (and river cruising related are the only ones I have ever noticed you linking to).

Thom

That page does not appear to be available to Australians - not that I ever win anything anyway.

Neither to us Brits.

In fact I have just returned from a Scenic River Cruise to Bordeaux.

The breakdown of passengers was as follows:

88 Australians, 33 British, 17 Canadians and 15 Americans plus 4 others.

I have written a full review on my blog, here is the link for anyone interested in what Scenic is about...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2016/10/01/scenic-diamond-beautiful-bordeaux/

29918339891_ff63cdd6e7_z.jpg

Neither to us Brits.

In fact I have just returned from a Scenic River Cruise to Bordeaux.

The breakdown of passengers was as follows:

88 Australians, 33 British, 17 Canadians and 15 Americans plus 4 others.

I have written a full review on my blog, here is the link for anyone interested in what Scenic is about...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2016/10/01/scenic-diamond-beautiful-bordeaux/

29918339891_ff63cdd6e7_z.jpg

Good Morning Solent Richard,

This is Lisa and Gary LoneStarCruisinCouple and just wanted to say how much that we enjoyed in reading and seiing your Blog.

We did the jewels of Europe last September on The Jasper with a Royal Panorama Suite and this September coming 2017 Spectacular South Of France ( Wine Country ) with Paris and Monte Carlo on The Newly Redesigned Sapphire in A Royal Owners Suite and also booked for The Eclipse for October 2018 for Cuba in Depth.

Looks to be that you really had a great and wonderful time. Can't wait to get our bags packed and ready to go as there is simply so much to see and do in Paris.

Again thanks for sharing as it was an awesome job that you did.

Cheers

Gary