Website could use improvement

We are loyal RC fans but I am taking a short Carnival cruise with my daughter this spring. I was amazed at Carnival's wonderful website! It is easy to use, you can easily navigate around to check availability and prices of rooms, beverage prices, everything!! So much better than RC. With so many complaints showing up on this issue, I wonder why RC can't hire someone to resolve this issue that is so important?

I actually think it would increase their revenue!

Royal is constantly working to remove funtionality from their website. I don't think it's a matter of hiring the right people, I think the website is working the way the management wants it to work.

• 6 months later...

This website won't even let you pay for things!! I've sailed NCL for the past 5 cruises and although their website isn't super easy to use, at least you can pay for things.

I'm trying to prepay my services charges. Not available online, you have to call.

I'm actually trying to pay $28.00 for a case of Diet Coke and the website says my paid in full reservation can't be found.

IDK, I think they should at least get it functioning enough to take money that people are willing to pay.

If it is to save money, then why do I have to call them all the time to ask questions, fix/explain billing, etc? Planning this latest cruise has been a nightmare on their website. Right now I have another full list of basic questions that I simply can't find answers to.

Based solely on the title you chose it is obvious you have a remarkable talent when it comes to understatement.

My guess is there are no high school AP students or college freshmen available in the Miami area so they have to settle for less talented programmers.

Their booking engine has so many bugs it would be impossible to list them all. It especially has problems when you want to go back to a previous page, and that it when even using the Back link. I made a booking yesterday and it took me about five tries starting from scratch.

Based solely on the title you chose it is obvious you have a remarkable talent when it comes to understatement.

My guess is there are no high school AP students or college freshmen available in the Miami area so they have to settle for less talented programmers.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Understatement was the first word that came to mind.

I don't know how many times, while looking for various cruise options on multiple cruise lines the RCCL website was either sluggish to the point of unusable or would just not come up with search results. I've not had similar problems with Holland, NCL, Carnival, Viking etc.

On top of which, I just booked a cruise this weekend and ended up having to call RCCL because the process died when trying to pay the deposit.

It's a good thing they don't run ships the way they operate the website.

There really is no excuse for the error prone search and booking process. It's not like this is a new problem. It's not as if the problem has only been around for a month or two. I suspect the programmers must be close relatives of senior management. No other explanation comes to mind.

We are loyal RC fans but I am taking a short Carnival cruise with my daughter this spring. I was amazed at Carnival's wonderful website! It is easy to use, you can easily navigate around to check availability and prices of rooms, beverage prices, everything!! So much better than RC. With so many complaints showing up on this issue, I wonder why RC can't hire someone to resolve this issue that is so important?

I actually think it would increase their revenue!

I'd rather have a poor website than a ship that sinks, runs aground or catches fire. :o