What do you do on embarkation day?

Lionessa15

Buy drinks package and get first drink

Drop our bags

Grab Patter if it's there

Go to the top deck

Work our way down, fire to aft down, back again (to see what's where) normally grab a few refills as I go.

Depending on what time be embarked either lunch, the grill is a favourite, or muster drill.

Love the ideas. Seems like getting your vacation on ASAP is the priority for most. :D

My friend and I will probably want to check out our cabin first if it's ready, drop our carry-ons etc. (Wondering how you will know when it's available? Do you just go there to find out?)

Then probably grab a bite, I will have to find out if he would rather brave the buffet or try another option. Maybe Alfredo's, I don't think we'll want to sit in the dining room right away. Then explore the ship and find a place to watch sail away. If it's not freezing I know I will want to be on deck for that. I don't plan on bringing wine since I got the beverage package but I will definitely want a cocktail to celebrate.

Maybe we will eat at one of the specialty restaurants for dinner, I'll have to see what he thinks. I liked the idea of bookending the trip by eating the first and last night at a specialty restaurant.

The beauty of Princess, cabins are all ready at boarding. Unlike other lines where you schlep your carry on around for a couple of hours. Go straight to your cabin.

My friend and I will probably want to check out our cabin first if it's ready, drop our carry-ons etc. (Wondering how you will know when it's available? Do you just go there to find out?)

The great thing about Princess is that all cabins are ready when embarkation begins. There is no need to carry your carryon luggage all over the ship as you wait for your cabin to be ready.

If debarkation of the previous cruise is delayed by an extended period of time, it is possible that the cabins will not be ready. If this is the case, you will receive a notice upon check-in.

We board as early as possible, drop off carry-on bags in cabin, and head to the MDR for lunch. After that, we wander around watching people board and checking out the ship whether it's new to us or not.

Ditto!! and start to relax :)

Tony

What is Share? Is that just on the Ruby Princess?

Here is a link to the Princess web site. It appears that Share is on the Emerald, the Ruby, and the Sun.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/curtis-stone/

This will be my first experience with Share. So, in about three weeks I'll have a much more informed opinion. ;)

If we were on a ship that did not have Share, we would probably dine at Sabatini's on embarcation day.

Edited by XBGuy

We get on the ship as soon as possible

Drop our stuff off at the cabin

Since we always do Caribbean, we find our "spot" on the pool deck, lay down on our lounger, order a drink and relax all afternoon.

Usually will grab something quick from the grill or buffet

Around 1 I go to the cabin and replace all the bottles of various booze in the bar set up for the brandy that hubby likes, trade in the specialty waters for regular bottled water, etc. If luggage is there I unpack, if not I go back up to the pool by hubby.

Basically the first day all we do is lay at the pool (really any sea day that is what we do-lol) I explore the ship early in the morning or later each night. I don't give up sun time for anything!

The beauty of Princess, cabins are all ready at boarding. Unlike other lines where you schlep your carry on around for a couple of hours. Go straight to your cabin.

This is true on most Princess ships, but I have been hearing on the Royal and Regal the cabins are not ready for passages until 1pm. I personally will not know until after the OP has sailed, I will be joining this ship when they are leaving on Oct 27th.

I have heard of people that will just go to the cabin and drop their bags and leave right away since the cabin steward is still working away making everything available.

This is just my opinion, but I believe the stewards are having to take care of more cabins by themselves and passengers are not leaving by 8am like they are asked to, these two items combined mean having the cabins turned over by 11:30am is not possible any longer.

Wake up is the 1st thing I would do. Once at the port I would wait in line. After falling asleep waiting to board the wife would wake me up when it's time to board the ship. I would then follow rule #1 of cruising "Relax"...

Rule #2 is "Remember 17:00 is the most important time on the ship."

framer

Board ship. Stand and look around the atrium area. Sigh with pleasure.

Head to cabin. Put valuables and meds in safe. Ask steward for a top sheet. Deal with luggage if it has arrived.

Go to upper deck and look out. Sigh with pleasure.

Have a drink for sail away. Sigh with pleasure.

I spend a lot of time on cruises just being really happy and very glad that we are able to cruise. We don't eat as much as some folks do on a cruise so embarkation day lunch is not a big thing for us and we may well skip it.

Totally agree! I feel so relaxed as soon as we set foot on board! My happy place!

We fly in the day before, have breakfast at the hotel, head over early, try to get into the first few groups boarding. We pre-purchase our drink stickers - they are already on our cards at checkin - so first stop is usually the bar in the Piazza & International Cafe, then visit our cabins to drop belongings, then go to the pool bar. On Royal / Regal we goto the Seaview bar for sure. Perhaps then walk thru the buffet to visit the rear bar! (see a theme here?) The only other thing we would add is that we like to go for a swim or at least sit by the pool until Muster.

Totally agree! I feel so relaxed as soon as we set foot on board! My happy place!

We fly in the day before, have breakfast at the hotel, head over early, try to get into the first few groups boarding. We pre-purchase our drink stickers - they are already on our cards at checkin - so first stop is usually the bar in the Piazza & International Cafe, then visit our cabins to drop belongings, then go to the pool bar. On Royal / Regal we goto the Seaview bar for sure. Perhaps then walk thru the buffet to visit the rear bar! (see a theme here?) The only other thing we would add is that we like to go for a swim or at least sit by the pool until Muster.

Plan on following your theme. We have the AIBP. But no swim for us...we are leaving out of NY in October. Lol.

In our family we refer to the phenomenon called "cruise ship hair" the way others refer to "bed head". It is a combination of salt air, humidity and a walk out on deck.

Yep. We call it "beach hair" since we can get the same effect visiting any nearby coastal city.

• 10 months later...

On embarkation day, usually get on the ship rather quickly as we are Elite and in a full suite, we have a lite lunch and go to the cabin to unpack have a couple of drinks meet our room steward and have swap out stuff in our bar setup unpack and get things set up in the room. Go out on the balcony and watch the sail away. We will be doing 31 days on Emerald this December and January. See you on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Despite my plans, it turned out that what I did on embarkation day is sit in traffic worrying that I'd miss my ship. Though as it turned out, we did make it just in time for a late lunch at Alfredo's before muster, followed by a lovely sailaway.

One of the nice things about club class (yes, we love it) is having a relaxing lunch in the CC area of the MD on boarding day.

Just booked our first Club Class. Give me some hints I should know.....like I didn't realize we should go to DR for lunch!

We board, head straight to our cabin, drop our carry ons off, meet our room steward if he's around, go to Lido to eat, come back to our cabin to see if our luggage has arrived. If it has, we unpack before going to muster, go back to our cabin and have a glass of wine on our balcony for sail away. We usually explore the ship the next day if it's a sea day - which it usually is. I'm getting antsy for our up coming cruise. Planning another one for January.

Go to the cabin, say hello to "Stewart", and drop off our carry-ons. Call Room Service to order Ultimate Balcony Breakfast and Dinner. Every 3-4th cruise, schedule a trip to the Platinum Studio. If time permits before the MDR opens for lunch, unpack the camera bags and start assembling the cameras and hiding the tripods and light stands; set up the charging station and the laptop station.

Grab the Patter and head to the MDR for lunch. Take notes and make plans for anything we might want to do in the evening based on the Patter while we await our main course. Walk around the ship and remind ourselves where everything is, and look for what's new/different on the ship. Go to the Spa to finalize her stuff. Look for any staff we might recognize.

Head back to the cabin. If luggage has arrived, unpack and stash the suitcases. Check eyelids for leaks, file a report after 60 minutes. Make ourselves sufficiently presentable to Ketchup with friends at the Mustard Dill. If the muster drill was delayed, we may get gussied up for dinner before, otherwise we return to the cabin and fancy up for dinner.

After at least 2 cruises, you told us you would never cruise on princess again.

I would be happy to post the link, if you would like.

Not a very nice Post.

I too, in January after a very bad Royal cruise, said I would never cruise Princess again....but, I am booked in December. I don't have to explain to you or anyone else!