Carnival dream room temperature

Cruisegirl6

My last cruise on Carnival on the Magic we found the room too warm for us, in fact our thermometer showed it averaged 76 and Carnival was not able to help us stated that it was in the range (74-76) and gave us a fan which just blew warm air on us, did not sleep well.

We are booked on the Dream for next May, can anybody tell me whether their cabin was cool, cold, warm or hot and let me know what room you had, perhaps it give me a better understanding which cabins may be cooler if thats possible lol

Thank you.

What deck forward, mid or aft?

Sorry dont remember just that we had a balcony and was nice watching us sail up and down the Mississippi.

We did see sugar refinery coming back to New Orleans but dont remember which side of river it was on.

If you know that you could figure out port or starboard

One thing we found out was that if you aren't in your cabin during the day, keep the drapes closed. The cabin stayed a lot cooler that way. We were in cabin 11266 (8G) on the Panorama Deck.

Edited by RWolver672
  • Like 1

I sailed a few times in cove balconies on the Dream and they were always too warm for us. We heard people on the lower decks in front complain of the heat.

Many people on upper decks were satisfied with their temps.

We had a cove balcony on the Dream, 2256, and it was nice and cool. Never had a temperature problem. We always kept the balcony door closed, and we also kept the curtains closed when we weren't in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My last cruise on Carnival on the Magic we found the room too warm for us, in fact our thermometer showed it averaged 76 and Carnival was not able to help us stated that it was in the range (74-76) and gave us a fan which just blew warm air on us, did not sleep well.

We are booked on the Dream for next May, can anybody tell me whether their cabin was cool, cold, warm or hot and let me know what room you had, perhaps it give me a better understanding which cabins may be cooler if thats possible lol

Thank you.

The range you describe is not uncommon for cruise ship cabins. Another point is that the Dream is a sister ship to the Magic, so the technical things are the same (cooling wise). All that said, we have found that the cooler rooms are tied to two specific factors. The first is the type of the room and the second is the placement. Larger rooms (suites and aft wraps - there may be more) have multiple fan duct ports (that pump the cooler air into the room). The second factor is where your room is located. Can't really help with this, but if it is near the chiller - the unit that provides the cool air - then you will get cooler air (and by default a cooler room) than if you are at the end of the run. On the down side, you have no way of knowing this.

As an example, I have brought a small digital thermometer with us when we cruise and see how cool the room gets. The coolest was 65.4 in a regular balcony (on the Vista) and the warmest as 76.1 on the Breeze.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

11216 and it was very warm, according to their gauge 71 when they finally came to check. I didn't have my own thermometer but when I'm breaking into a sweat just by getting dressed I'd imagine it's warmer than 71. Especially since I keep my house at 73 and my office at 75.

I've had a balcony cabin on the Magic basically directly across the hall and it was perfect.

My father in law is next door he and I never leave our doors open ever.....hummmm i wonder whether I should get oceanview, I wonder if these cabins are cooler?

They'll be lower and more centrally located so probably.

We just got off the Dream on 10/2. We were on deck 9 forward, port balcony and our cabin temp was perfect (for hubby), freezing for me (which is completely typical for us).

We were just forward of the forward elevators. So for the most part, that was the elevator we traveled on. However, a couple of times we opted to walk down the deck 9 hallway to the aft elevators and ascend/descend from there. I have no idea what was going on in the aft of the ship. But it was so hot and humid in the hallway that I literally looked around in circles expecting to see a giant hole in the ship lol. It truly felt equal to being outdoors. I don't know if the cabins were suffering from the same heat or not. And I don't know what the cause of it was. And since it didn't really concern us, the other 98% of the time, we stuck with our forward elevators so we weren't aware if it was an ongoing issue, if it got repaired, or just what the situation was.

Another thing I can confirm is the sewage smell. We noticed it each and every time we entered the forward stair/elevator area. And if I remember correctly, it was not just on deck 9 but always in the forward stair/elevator area. Within a couple of experiences, I made it a habit to plug my nose for, basically, the entire cruise. So much so - that at passing an unusually smelly cabin area - my husband whispered (ok, he didn't really whisper), but made a comment to how bad the smell was. And that's when I realized my nose was plugged just out of habit and not even realizing I was doing it. :D

• 6 months later...

We cruised on the Magic in 6/14 with a balcony. Drapes closed all day and night, and the room was sweltering! Booked an inside cabin on the Freedom in 7/16 specifically in hopes that it would be cooler, but there was no difference! Still extremely hot. Both times complained, both times they refused to turn it down even though it was over their allowable range. They wouldn't even lower it a little! Literally, the air was BARELY blowing from the vent. My hubby is usually hot when I'm cold.....but even I was sweating. We keep our house at 74 at home and I'm quite comfortable, so I'm sure the actual temperature was quite higher than they said. I've been on over 20 cruises, and I've never had such bad customer service. Now, the self service laundry room is nice and chilly if you want to go hang out there!! ;-)

I'll never cruise with Carnival again. I'd rather spend give my money to a company who will at least try and make things better-not totally refuse. PS-brought a fan, didn't help. Hot air being blown around doesn't make it any better.

I don't mean to be so negative, but honestly I am quite shocked at the response by Carnival on this matter. Again, over 20 cruises under my belt and the rooms have always been comfortable or cold. I've never broke into a sweat watching TV in my room! Go back to adjustable thermostats!!!

Edited by DonnaKR
addition to text
  • Like 1

Find out if people are leaving their balcony doors open, it will cut the cooling to the rooms on the same circuit.

Not to be a smart asterisk, but how does one just "find out" if people are leaving balcony doors open? I certainly wouldn't want some random cruiser knocking on my cabin door and asking! :o

My last cruise on the Dream was in a Spa Balcony - Deck 11 forward on the starboard side. I like it cool, especially at night and I was comfortable with the temperature the entire cruise. We did keep the curtains closed most of the time, leaving just a small opening to get through the door.

Cruised on Dream last week and our cabin was the coolest we have had in a long time. We had a lido balcony forward and I never got hot, which is unusual for me. The air conditioning was working good on all parts of the ship. Maybe they cleaned the system during dry dock. By the way, we had a very good Meet and Mingle on this cruise. It was held at 1:30 on the first sea day and was attended by about 50 people. There were refreshments and the CD ( the Flying Scotsman) and the Entertainment Director were there and talked with us for about 30 minutes. I enjoyed it and meet several people.