Coffee/tea/hot water in cabin

Geezer Cruiser

You can use a thermos. They have hot water in the buffet. Are you sure that they won't have a kettle or coffee pot?

Some cruise lines do supply coffee pots and kettles, especially if sailing from UK.

What line are you sailing?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I understand that there'll be no kettle or coffee pot supplied. I'm not looking forward to the idea of having a steward bring a cup if I want some during the day. Is filling a thermos of hot water frowned upon?

Not sure what cruise line you are sailing with but several cruise lines do supply a kettle in their staterooms, depending on stateroom type. And there are many venues around the ship where you can get coffee or tea on your own along with room service, which will do so at no charge most hours of the day. As to filling a thermos of hot water, you could do that I guess as long as you are not filling directly from the water source - it would have to be filled in a plastic container first then transferred for health reasons.

Windstar - as I understand it there are kettles only in the deluxe cabins. Unless I'm feeling incredibly lazy, I'd probably go get the cup of water myself for tea. It's not that big of a deal, but I would feel a bit silly being brought one cup of hot water, If a pot were two or three cups that would work out okay if needed.

Windstar - as I understand it there are kettles only in the deluxe cabins. Unless I'm feeling incredibly lazy, I'd probably go get the cup of water myself for tea. It's not that big of a deal, but I would feel a bit silly being brought one cup of hot water, If a pot were two or three cups that would work out okay if needed.

Having cruised Windstar... The accurate info is that room service will be happy to deliver a pot of hot water and teabags with your choice of type (i.e. Run of the mill orange pekoe, Breakfast, Earl Grey, mint, green, etc.). That said, the pots are crockery tea pots, and they are small--a couple tea cups per pot. After the first two days, I began to order tea for two for myself. If you are a big tea drinker like I am (1.75 liter or more each morning!) you'll want to order two set ups for one person. I chose to do it this way over asking for a large carafe, as those are usually used for coffee and leave that residual coffee taste. :p

The water is hot but not just before the boil. That said, it seldom took more than three minutes from the time I ordered until it was delivered, although I think by the 5th day they were anticipating it.

I understand that there'll be no kettle or coffee pot supplied. I'm not looking forward to the idea of having a steward bring a cup if I want some during the day. Is filling a thermos of hot water frowned upon?

No problem, in fact some ships will even have thermos jugs (that they use for room service) available.