Harmony Transatlantic LIVE-With a Twist! 10/23/16-11/5/16

Top view at night...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure do miss the Beach pool umbrella's. :(

You know, not showing the picture that I'm referencing, makes my comment seem out of place. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

Room 12318 Here.

LOVE the new room cards! no more sliding them in and out of a hole to get room open! I can balance plates on one hand and put it up to door in my lanyard and door unlocks!

Decor is very nice and the paintings on each level when walking the stairs are amazing!!!

Layout of room makes it FEEL bigger. Having 2 smaller closets is WIN WIN in my opinion. LOTS of drawers and storage space! Don't forget to bring magnets to hang papers up with (we have our voom log in on one) and magnetic hooks for your lanyard, etc.

Outlets are very plentiful!!!!!

We have eaten at Chops (our fave) and Jamie's so far - both delish!!! If you are a lemon meringue fan, get the lemon meringue cheesecake for dessert at Jamie's!

the chairs on our balcony are very comfortable. I have been out there quite a bit - think I will head out there soon for some evening wind down.

Haven't been to any shows yet - we aren't "show" people. I booked some for us, but we haven't done them. We ARE signed up for the Puzzle Room on 27th and will definitely be going to it!!!

Ate breakfast this morning at Solarium - very good as always!

Late lunch at Sorento's this afternoon for hubby and I ran up to Mini Bites for a cheeseburger and fries.

My issues:

1. I pre ordered the soda package. Took until late sunday night to get my cup - got a different answer each person we talked to and it took several calls to guest services. I think I will not pre order for January cruise - just walk on and buy cup. I know, I can get drinks at the bars, but I don't do straight coke or whatnot....

2. Specialty dining - OH MY! The computer system has gone haywire (we heard at dinner tonight that restaurant managers were up until 5am monday morning trying to fix things/calling each other/etc, and it still is all crazy), so they aren't sure who does and doesn't have reservations - system had us in for 2 different restaurants at the same time tonight....

If you are doing a BOGO, or dining plan, purchase it before and then go straight to the restaurants once on board to make the reservations - they won't answer the phone (I don't blame them). Doesn't matter what anyone else tells you (we got several different answers on this one as well) - go to restaurants and make reservations (hint: reserve chops 1st - it was filling up crazy fast). IF you go to buy a dining plan online and it isn't showing up, don't worry - purchase on board - they only sell a certain number pre boarding.

3. Maybe we missed some communication somewhere, but Palma de Mallorca was a pit of crazy stop on day 2 because we didn't feel we were well informed as to transportation once off the ship/lack of ATM/etc. We ended up walking and had over 12,000 steps before we got back to Harmony - so we chalked it up to a good work out plus we saw sights we would have missed had we been on a bus or in a taxi!!!!

3. Maybe we missed some communication somewhere, but Palma de Mallorca was a pit of crazy stop on day 2 because we didn't feel we were well informed as to transportation once off the ship/lack of ATM/etc. We ended up walking and had over 12,000 steps before we got back to Harmony - so we chalked it up to a good work out plus we saw sights we would have missed had we been on a bus or in a taxi!!!!

Yeah...that comes as a surprise to many folks. If you don't have a tour for pickup through Royal...the pickup for a private tour might be at the other side of the harbor port facility - requiring a cab ride or else a very long walk.

Just an ordinary monday dinner...

Everything was good except the cookie, it was dry and hard.

But I heard the best comment in the elevator: "I didn't even know you could kill a cookie" [emoji23] and that is really true - you had to attack it to be able to eat it :)

7d00b5f6918e67c16e55ef649bdbb1c3.jpg

d8826c3a4d973ff221ccbc78fa099e31.jpg

b92d67c6e93902178b765fc49543a57e.jpg

050fdf3dc9dd4a096ad51b627e8ee6c6.jpg

8e9b796e360c53109985ae63388e8ea9.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

It does not exist. Vintages is talking about doing a wine dinner.

I wonder when RCCL will "officially" tell me. They have had my money for over a year since I first booked it, and have even changed the time a few months ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder when RCCL will "officially" tell me. They have had my money for over a year since I first booked it, and have even changed the time a few months ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe they will start it when the ship starts its regular schedule.

I enjoyed it on my Allure TA. One thing nice about the starboard side was that the heading on a westbound TA made it perfect for viewing sunrise.

Roy

If God wanted us to see sunrise, He would have scheduled it later in the day.

I just take a picture of sunset over the ocean and tell people it was sunrise......

Gordon

RoyaliQ is up and running on the phone. Download the app before you sail. You still get a paper-based Compass as well. What I see today:

You are fortunate. This is what I've been getting since boarding......

c0962ba25d206bcc2bf566679f70f162.png

Calendar on tv said I had Wonderland at 6:00 and Fine Line at 6:45. I would not have scheduled them that close. But then there was no Fine Line at 6:45 anyway.

Way finder said gangways today were on deck 3. They were on deck 2.

Still a few bugs in the system.

But all is going really well in spite of small glitches.

Cabin is really nice and it is a D8.

Fine Line 11:00 show starting now.

Gordon

So how do the do the time zone changes on a T.A? :)

...I was just wondering that.... So will they change the ships time by one hour every other day?:cool:

There's a stretch where it's every day. Westbound TAs are nice in that you get a string of 25 hr days.