Freeport Damaged and no ships can dock per John H

tony_g51181

What a ridiculous port....really nothin' there. ZERO lost if the cruise docks

are out for good.

There is a beach that is supposed to be nice but other than that zero interest for us.

Went there about 20 years ago on our first cruise and on our excursion the highlight was the nap I took when going to our first stop.

Have managed to never go back.

Wow. There are TONS of options in Freeport, unless of course you expect to step off the ship and have options right before you. Excellent beaches, great restaurants, hiking the national forest, good scuba/snorkeling and on and on.

Guess if all you want are some US chain restaurants and the same old crappy stores right at the port, then yes, Freeport would be disappointing.

I love Freeport. Everyone gets off the ship and we get a quiet day onboard by ourselves

What they said!!:D

Carnival only stops at Freeport to make Nassau look good. ;)

Maybe not so true~ :confused: Making Nassau look good would take a LOT MORE PORT (wine)......:D:eek::)

I'm on the Pride leaving this Sunday and scheduled to stop in Freeport later next week. Interested to see where they reroute us. I'd be thrilled with any of the 3 options John mentioned as we have never been to any of them before. I just don't want them to cop out and give us an overnight in Nassau! I want them to sub in a different port of call.

Wow. There are TONS of options in Freeport, unless of course you expect to step off the ship and have options right before you. Excellent beaches, great restaurants, hiking the national forest, good scuba/snorkeling and on and on.

Guess if all you want are some US chain restaurants and the same old crappy stores right at the port, then yes, Freeport would be disappointing.

I admit I'm not a seasoned traveler (one Carnival Cruise last July and the 3-day to Freeport on Bahama Celebration several years ago that got us excited about cruising in the first place) but we had a blast in Freeport. Or, rather, wherever the bus took us to from the port. Little marina village with shopping and restaurants and we went on a glass-bottom boat tour that was tons of fun.

Seagulls following our boat:

28va6tc.jpg

and sharks jumping up out of the water

33dwmrb.jpg

2s1b0h4.jpg

it was very exciting for us on our first cruise. Yeah, Freeport may not have all the stuff the other big ports do but I'm not willing to write it off as a dud. Freeport will always have a place in my heart for being the place that made me realize I love cruising.

Carnival only stops at Freeport to make Nassau look good. ;)

A few years back our cruised stopped in Freeport. We took a Kayak excursion through a mangrove forest, followed by some time at an all natural beach.

The kayaking was a lot of fun. The beach we great. I would do it again.

And as for the port itself, does anyone really want or need to see another Diamonds International, Ron Jons, Fake Oakley Kiosk or 3/$10 tee shirts?

We went on a jeep tour there and ended at a beach, it was great. But we like to explore islands, not just go to a bar when you step off the ship..