Which to choose

Can't go wrong with either ship, they are nearly identical.

If you like cruising from Port Canaveral, pick Oasis. If you like cruising from Ft. Lauderdale, pick Allure.

If you would rather see CATS, pick Oasis, If you would rather see Mamma Mia, pick Allure.

Edited by clarea

Can't go wrong with either ship, they are nearly identical.

If you like cruising from Port Canaveral, pick Oasis. If you like cruising from Ft. Lauderdale, pick Allure.

If you would rather see CATS, pick Oasis, If you would rather see Mamma Mia, pick Allure.

Great answer. I was trying to decide the difference and I could not think of one. Lol. OP, these are AMAZING ships. You will be happy with either. :)

As they are nearly identical, I would pick based on itinerary and price. As far as balcony staterooms go, there aren't many "bad" locations. Most of the action is on 6-8, so a cabin on one of those decks will be close to the Boardwalk, Promenade, etc. Or choose a higher cabin to be closer to the lido deck.

One other small difference - Oasis has the Solarium Bistro, which is a healthier option (just search the boards to find menus & reviews) and Allure has Samba Grill, a Brazilian-type steak house. None of the differences would cause me to choose one over the other (although apparently some people will pick Allure so they don't have to sit through 3+ hours of Cats, lol).

As they are nearly identical, I would pick based on itinerary and price. As far as balcony staterooms go, there aren't many "bad" locations. Most of the action is on 6-8, so a cabin on one of those decks will be close to the Boardwalk, Promenade, etc. Or choose a higher cabin to be closer to the lido deck.

Avoid Deck 14, potential noise from pool deck above. Also, try and get a hump cabin (bigger balconies). They often go early.

We have never said on RC, we are looking at sailing end of March beginning of April. We are looking at Allure and Oasis - what is your favorite and why? Also, we want a balcony on the ocean- where is your favorite place to book?

We love both ships. However, I do not like CATS and the show on the Oasis is now CATs. The ships are twins- actually the triplet, which we are sailing on in March is the Harmony- newest sister with a couple on additional features including a water slide. The show will be Grease on the Harmony.

I think you will love the ship(s) they are wonderful, great entertainment for adults and children of all ages!

Enjoy your cruise

We have never said on RC, we are looking at sailing end of March beginning of April. We are looking at Allure and Oasis - what is your favorite and why? Also, we want a balcony on the ocean- where is your favorite place to book?

Are you bringing kids or family, if so, you should try for the Family Balcony down on Deck 7 Aft. Huge balcony and room to spread out. There may be occupancy minimums.

And I certainly wouldn't let my 16, 19, and 20 year old girls leave the ship while I sat in the hot tub. :eek:

But can the girls sit in the Hot Tub while you leave the ship?

I couldn't bring myself to read that thread. :eek:

clarea---good way to explain choice. I have cruised the Oasis and LOVED the ship, but I hated CATS! I would have rather seen Momma Mia! And my whole party sailing with us, hated CATS and left during intermission. That was almost 2 years ago, and CATS is still a running joke in our family! Lol! How the hell that lasted as long as it did on Broadway is beyond me! And to STILL be on Oasis, when more than half of the audience left at intermission, never to return.

Also, Ft Lauderdale is a much nicer port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums