Hash browns at Blu

Fishkillbill

Blu does not serve hash browns for breakfast based on our several cruises in Aqua Class on several ships. They do serve an asparagus and roasted potato mix with most breakfast items. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Blu does not serve hash browns for breakfast based on our several cruises in Aqua Class on several ships. They do serve an asparagus and roasted potato mix with most breakfast items. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

They will get them for you if you ask.

They will get them for you if you ask.

Perhaps yes, perhaps no. It depends upon the ship and the current management of Blu. Never hurts to ask...but do not count on getting a yes (or your hash browns). But those of us who cruise Aqua...also can eat breakfast in the MDR or the Lido and get all the hash browns (or eggs benedict) we want. This post got DW ranting (unusual for her) since she loves hash browns. Her comment is that nearly all ships no use "disgusting" frozen hash brown patties! Yuck!

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Perhaps yes, perhaps no. It depends upon the ship and the current management of Blu. Never hurts to ask...but do not count on getting a yes (or your hash browns). But those of us who cruise Aqua...also can eat breakfast in the MDR or the Lido and get all the hash browns (or eggs benedict) we want. This post got DW ranting (unusual for her) since she loves hash browns. Her comment is that nearly all ships no use "disgusting" frozen hash brown patties! Yuck!

Hank

You are correct to a degree. But have you sailed on all of the Celebrity ships and asked for hash browns in Blu for breakfast? We were just on the Equinox and DW asked for hash browns in Blu and they fulfilled her request. You are correct, I can't speak for all of the other Celebrity ships, but can you?

I think I might have made a mistake. This is our first cruise. I booked concierge class. When I saw that the cost had dropped to half what I paid. I complained and they bumped us up to Aqua class.

We are "meat and potatoes" people. We really don't like eating "healthy". It doesn't look like we will be eating at Blu.

I think I might have made a mistake. This is our first cruise. I booked concierge class. When I saw that the cost had dropped to half what I paid. I complained and they bumped us up to Aqua class.

We are "meat and potatoes" people. We really don't like eating "healthy". It doesn't look like we will be eating at Blu.

I wouldn't really classify Blu as "healthy". Just because you're meat and potato people I wouldn't pass up a dining chance there. They have fabulous cuts of meats. I'd say skimpy on the veggies.

If you have any specific requests I'd suggest speaking with the maître'd at the outset as they can often do special requests if known ahead of time.

I don't know how old this is but here are some sample menus from the Blu

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5BK-JzLUuM2YzIzOWI0OWYtZWE5Ny00NWRiLTg2NTctNGRiMDllNzNkZDMx?hl=en

I think you'll probably be okay in BLU--it is a smaller venue than the MDR and will likely work to accommodate your wishes. There will always be a steak on the menu.

I don't know how old this is but here are some sample menus from the Blu

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5BK-JzLUuM2YzIzOWI0OWYtZWE5Ny00NWRiLTg2NTctNGRiMDllNzNkZDMx?hl=en

Thanks for the menus. It does say 2009. Most of the items, I don't think I would eat if I was stranded on a deserted island.

We could probably start at Blu, then go to the buffet.

I haven't found the food in Blu to be that much different from the food in the MDR. I certainly wouldn't describe it as "healthy." The big advantage of Blu is it's smaller and quieter than the MDR. I don't go there for the food, I go for the atmosphere. Used to be different when they had the muesli cart for breakfast, but of course that is no more.

You are correct to a degree. But have you sailed on all of the Celebrity ships and asked for hash browns in Blu for breakfast? We were just on the Equinox and DW asked for hash browns in Blu and they fulfilled her request. You are correct, I can't speak for all of the other Celebrity ships, but can you?

No, we cannot speak for all the ships (and never said that) but can say that on the ships we have done Aqua it was hit or miss. Our next X cruise is next month on the Eclipse (in Aqua Class) and we promise to try and get hash browns (and will try to remember to post here n Dec). I might even print out this thread and show it to the Maitre'd in Blu. And as I recall, the only hash browns service in the Lido (on any of our X cruises) was of the frozen hash brown patty-style. The only time I recall real hash browns (made from scratch) was a few years ago on Crystal. On the other hand, it is now becoming rare to find a cruise ship that makes real hollandaise sauce for their eggs benedict (not on the Blu Menu)...as most lines are now using powdered hollandaise sauce. Come to think of it, it is now getting hard to find an omelet or scrambled eggs made from fresh cracked eggs (most lines have switched to boxed liquid eggs (which are homogenized and pasteurized and usually have chemical additive preservatives).

Hank

Thanks for the menus. It does say 2009. Most of the items, I don't think I would eat if I was stranded on a deserted island.

We could probably start at Blu, then go to the buffet.

I think we will be at the buffet a lot, though hoping to get Phil to eat at Blu a few times. We also have some OBC so might use that on specialty restaurants.

Hubby prefers the buffet over all, thats why we will most likely be found there. :)

Cheryl Corcoran

I know you were asking about hashbrowns, but you also mentioned that there was a price drop. Since you mention you're a new cruiser...do you know about Celebrity's Price Guarantee?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The times I asked for and got hash browns in Blu they were not make from scratch, but rather the crispy squares that are up in the buffet (which I really like). Since we could get them in the buffet, I learned to embrace fingerlings and asparagus for breakfast :), and only got the hash browns occasionally for a change of pace.