Drink Prices on Royal, Regal Princess

rjgdjg

We're going on the Regal for the first time next month with a beverage package. Can someone who has sailed with the Regal or Royal recently share sample prices for:

* Glass of wine

* Simple mixed drink (e.g., gin and tonic)

* Tropical mixed drink (e.g., Bahama Mama)

* Specialty alcoholic coffee (e.g., Irish coffee)

Many thanks for your help! - Musing About Cruising

We're going on the Regal for the first time next month with a beverage package. Can someone who has sailed with the Regal or Royal recently share sample prices for:

* Glass of wine

* Simple mixed drink (e.g., gin and tonic)

* Tropical mixed drink (e.g., Bahama Mama)

* Specialty alcoholic coffee (e.g., Irish coffee)

Many thanks for your help! - Musing About Cruising

Here you go, complete beverage listing with current pricing. Link to spreadsheet in post #653:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&page=33

We are on the Royal TA next October. Having been spoiled on our last 2 Celebrity cruises with complimentary beverage packages, we will be going back to paying for our hooch, so we purchased the All Inclusive Plan. For the 2 of us that works out to about $1500 for 15 days (says my DH). Yikes!! After coming to terms with that, I read somewhere that the AIB CANNOT be used in the dining rooms. Can this possibly be true???? Afraid to tell DH until I confirm LOL. Please say it isn't so.

We are on the Royal TA next October. Having been spoiled on our last 2 Celebrity cruises with complimentary beverage packages, we will be going back to paying for our hooch, so we purchased the All Inclusive Plan. For the 2 of us that works out to about $1500 for 15 days (says my DH). Yikes!! After coming to terms with that, I read somewhere that the AIB CANNOT be used in the dining rooms. Can this possibly be true???? Afraid to tell DH until I confirm LOL. Please say it isn't so.

Isn't so....

It's good just about anywhere on the ship: dining room, buffet, theater, bars, poolside. If your cruise stops at Princess Cays, it even works there. The only place I can think of where it isn't accepted is for room service.

Jim

You can use them in the dining room. However, we had Anytime on the Star and also are at the buffet and it was usually a long wait for them to bring the drink. I was usually only able to get two glasses of wine with dinner in the dining room (which was fine for me) due to the length of time taken. I did not ask if they could bring two at once, but it might be an idea

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The wait in the MDR for a drink using the AIBP can be long. Last cruise we ate in TD for the first time in years ans the waiter knew we wanted drinks so he came almost as soon as we were seated which is different than ATD in our memory. You are not suppose to be able to order more than one drink at a time but like many Princess rules sometimes they get bent a little. You can always bring a drink in with you of your favorite refreshment.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Can't remember where I read that, but I was so bummed after having sprung for the Ultimate Package. The repositioning cruise is truly a great value, so I didn't like to think we were giving back all the savings.

• 6 months later...

I am going on the regal in november this year and prebooked all inclusive to just find out that is has been removed. I am horrified as now I will have to watch what I am drinking so as not to run up a large bill. this could potentially spoil our holiday as it means you can't get in the carribean spirit like having a few cocktails around the pool and the sail away parties and in the night club. their excuse is it is a medallion cruise. as an elite member I am truly disappointed with princess and will now consider cruising with other companies.

I am going on the regal in november this year and prebooked all inclusive to just find out that is has been removed. I am horrified as now I will have to watch what I am drinking so as not to run up a large bill. this could potentially spoil our holiday as it means you can't get in the carribean spirit like having a few cocktails around the pool and the sail away parties and in the night club. their excuse is it is a medallion cruise. as an elite member I am truly disappointed with princess and will now consider cruising with other companies.

Since you are elite, and therefore have taken a number of Princess cruises, what did you do before they had the all inclusive package? Were you horrified then, when you had to watch you had to watch so that you did not run up a large bill. You seemed to be happy with Princess back then, so why thinking about changing companies now?

Call me confused.....

confused. this is my preference now, and I choose to go on cruises that provide an all inclusive package especially when the exchange rate is so poor. you are obviously not someone who likes to drink on holiday.

I am certainly not a ab stanier ......:D:D

Note that Princess has said many times that those on ***** sailings that have pre-purchased the AIBP or had it as part of the Sip and Sail promo will still have their package included. It's simply not available for any further purchases.

Horrified may be a strong word, but if that's how you fell, there's lots of other ships in the fleet with no Ocean Medallion yet, and lots of other lines to explore.

Happy sails.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Can't remember where I read that, but I was so bummed after having sprung for the Ultimate Package. The repositioning cruise is truly a great value, so I didn't like to think we were giving back all the savings.

A good tip is to get a glass of good wine at Vines and take it to dinner with you. Let the staff know you are going to dinner and they will put it in a different glass as they don't allow their good wine glasses to leave the venue. The wine at Vines is better than what you can get by the glass in the dining room and you will be able to start out with one to drink while waiting for the dining room wine to be delivered.

If you pre-booked the AIBP then it should still show on your personalizer. We booked under the Sip and Sail and our Medallion cruise next March still shows the AIBP.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Followed the links back for the drinks package evaluator, but of course this has the 2014 prices in it. Has anyone got a link to the current 2017 prices?

Prices are still similar in that there is almost nothing that doesn't fall under the price limit of the AIBP. A caveat is that on Emerald Princess they have the Whiskey bar as part of Salty Dog Gastropub in Wheelhouse and it definitely has a bunch of upscale whiskey that is well above the limit of the AIBP. Other than that though drink prices on Princess are almost all below the $10 limit.

It definitely can be used in the dining room. It can't be used for any drinks you might order from room service.

A good tip is to get a glass of good wine at Vines and take it to dinner with you. Let the staff know you are going to dinner and they will put it in a different glass as they don't allow their good wine glasses to leave the venue. The wine at Vines is better than what you can get by the glass in the dining room and you will be able to start out with one to drink while waiting for the dining room wine to be delivered.

Great idea!

Prices are still similar in that there is almost nothing that doesn't fall under the price limit of the AIBP. A caveat is that on Emerald Princess they have the Whiskey bar as part of Salty Dog Gastropub in Wheelhouse and it definitely has a bunch of upscale whiskey that is well above the limit of the AIBP. Other than that though drink prices on Princess are almost all below the $10 limit.

So true! I'm not a big drinker but do enjoy cocktails when I cruise. I find drink prices on Princess cheaper than what I can get on land in Orange County, CA. :o

I just booked my 1st Princess cruise on the Regal for this September. I'm use to an AIBP and that's what I've been doing the last couple of years. I added the AIBP for our cruise without a problem and this was just 2 weeks ago. I'm assuming since it's on my booking they aren't going to take it away. I plan on final payment the 1st of June.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app