Fll

fred 15

Normal airport procedures. Depending on the airline and your destination you can sign up for ezcheck, which will take your bags direct to the airport. This service ($20 per person) also checks you in for your flight. Airport is close, with a taxi a cheaper option than the princess transfers. It's a relatively small airport and easy to navigate.

Edited by goofy559

The airport is a quick cab ride from the port, max $20 with tip. Supposed to be on the meter, but lots of drivers play the 'flat fare' game.

Airport checkin is the usual if you do standard disembarkation.

If you choose to use the EZCheck service, you do that from the ship, at $20 per person. Note that you will be charged baggage fees by the cruise line unless you properly fill out the paperwork to show you have the necessary status to get free baggage. The ship will issue you your airline boarding pass and you don't have to collect your luggage at the pier, it is checked from the ship to your home airport. Note that your flight must leave after a certain time if you use EZ Check, I think 11:30?

Edited by cherylandtk

You will do the normal check in procedure at FLL as you do at any airport. The internet cafe on board the ship has access to a printer so that you can print off your boarding pass 24 hours in advance if you want. Port Everglades is about 10 minutes from the airport. We drive to the port and leave our car in off airport parking. They provide bus service to either the ship port or airport since the two are so close together. The ship port is very busy on the weekends and can have 6+ ships in port at the same time. There will be a lot of pax either arriving or departing on the ships so it will be crowded in the airport and ship port.

There are very clear signs at the taxi stands that say "No Fixed Rates".
Yes, but it does not stop them from trying anyway.

Use Uber... $7-8 (slightly more for peak times) from airport to terminal, no tip necessary.
And now we do just this....because of that ^^^.

I honestly find FLL to be the worst airport I've flown from. There is nowhere decent to eat in the entire airport. Long lines form for terrible fast food which takes a loooooong time to get. My point is that you don't want to arrive too far ahead of your flight as it will be crowded and there's nothing to do or eat and finding a seat can be challenging (so many cruises dump out at the same time). Also, sometimes tons of people are just sitting around on the sidewalk outside because it is too early for them to check in for their flight. It can be chaotic and unpleasant. In addition, the taxi service in Ft. Lauderdale leaves a lot to be desired, as others have mentioned. Private car service might be more desirable.

I honestly find FLL to be the worst airport I've flown from. There is nowhere decent to eat in the entire airport. Long lines form for terrible fast food which takes a loooooong time to get. My point is that you don't want to arrive too far ahead of your flight as it will be crowded and there's nothing to do or eat and finding a seat can be challenging (so many cruises dump out at the same time). Also, sometimes tons of people are just sitting around on the sidewalk outside because it is too early for them to check in for their flight. It can be chaotic and unpleasant. In addition, the taxi service in Ft. Lauderdale leaves a lot to be desired, as others have mentioned. Private car service might be more desirable.

Had good wings and beer at Landshark's back in September. Its usually very busy and does take some time but we always have time to kill.

We have found EZ check the way to go. It helps to avoid the long check-in lines since you already have your boarding pass, you can go directly to the security lines. It is only available for certain airlines and domestic travel. Each ship decides if it will be offered.

We have found EZ check the way to go.

I'll second that. You don't have to do the bag dance and you leave the ship with your carry-on and boarding pass in hand. That's easily worth the $20/pp.

Our return flight is at 1:00PM so it means we can have lunch someplace, likely away from the airport, without having to deal with our bags.

I'll second that. You don't have to do the bag dance and you leave the ship with your carry-on and boarding pass in hand. That's easily worth the $20/pp.

Our return flight is at 1:00PM so it means we can have lunch someplace, likely away from the airport, without having to deal with our bags.

Once you EZ check there is no going back... also at least with Southwest, if they are overweight (i.e. full of all the booze we bought :)) the fee is waved.

I honestly find FLL to be the worst airport I've flown from. There is nowhere decent to eat in the entire airport.

Who cares about food after having breakfast on the ship on top of a week or more on a cruise ship? Last thing on my mind. Never had an issue with Ft. Lauderdale Airport all the times I have flown in and out of there.

Edited by sknight

We have found EZ check the way to go. It helps to avoid the long check-in lines since you already have your boarding pass, you can go directly to the security lines. It is only available for certain airlines and domestic travel. Each ship decides if it will be offered.

Do the charges go on to your shipboard account?

I am flying out of FLL on 1/6/17. Any tips on the airport? I am doing my own air. Do they use normal check in procedures for AA, or do they check in aboard ship, or at an special place at the airport?

Is AA special that they do special procedures??????????

Who cares about food after having breakfast on the ship on top of a week or more on a cruise ship? Last thing on my mind. Never had an issue with Ft. Lauderdale Airport all the times I have flown in and out of there.

I care, after trying to even do a lame excursion to kill time, but having an afternoon flight around 3-4pm. I do not want to spend time in such a disgusting, inhospitable place. No other airport in the US or the world has made me feel so unwelcome and desperate to leave. I don't eat two meals before I leave the cruise to make up for lack of food at FLL. Not really practical. Broward County could do a lot better.

Many care especialy people with children or medical situations. Apparently they do not count in your mind. Good thing that has no control over otherx.

There are very clear signs at the taxi stands that say "No Fixed Rates".

A driver tried to charge us $8.00 pp the meter said the fair was $14.00. That all I gave him. I told him let's call a cop he took the $14.00 dollars and drove off.

If he just ask for the $14.00. I would have given him $20.00. I always give the drivers $20.00. There were three of us in the taxi.

Tony