directions from penn to penn hotel

redcruzer

Of course going to a better hotel in the same price range make sense - the question is: can anyone identify a better hotel in the same area with a comparable price?

If OP wants to be near Penn Station it is hard to impossible to find better hotels in the same rice range. I am here to help the OP also - and that means paying attention to what OP wants: which seems to be an inexpensive hotel convenient to Penn Station.

I don't understand your inability to propose such a place --- in stead of just insisting on knowing dates.

Good New York deals can often be found by using travel search engines like kayak, trivago, Hotwire, Priceline, American Airlines, United airlines, Delta, and lastminute travel to name a few. At a minimum these searches need dates and number of people and can often be limited by geographical location and price range.

Anyway it appears that the OP has long since sailed, so this discussion is moot for them.

Of course going to a better hotel in the same price range make sense - the question is: can anyone identify a better hotel in the same area with a comparable price?

If OP wants to be near Penn Station it is hard to impossible to find better hotels in the same rice range. I am here to help the OP also - and that means paying attention to what OP wants: which seems to be an inexpensive hotel convenient to Penn Station.

I don't understand your inability to propose such a place --- in stead of just insisting on knowing dates.

Courtyard by Marriott. Hilton Garden Inn. Fairfield Inn. Etc. In and around 37th and Avenue of the Americas. The Courtyard is a 5-10 minute walk from Penn Station, and next door to the Hilton. New, modern, frequently include breakfast, and frequently in the price range mentioned. Also frequently, depending on the date, more expensive than full service hotels from the same parent company. Which is why dates matter.

I think a lot of out of towners get hung up on being within being in walking distance of hotels or the cruise port, not realizing how easy it is to get around the city without a car. The best hotel option might be a short cab ride away.

Courtyard by Marriott. Hilton Garden Inn. Fairfield Inn. Etc. In and around 37th and Avenue of the Americas. The Courtyard is a 5-10 minute walk from Penn Station, and next door to the Hilton. New, modern, frequently include breakfast, and frequently in the price range mentioned. Also frequently, depending on the date, more expensive than full service hotels from the same parent company. Which is why dates matter.

Dates matter. Anyone who can't comprehend that fact won't get the best value for their dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dates matter. Anyone who can't comprehend that fact won't get the best value for their dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course dates matter - but the rates at a low end hotel will go up at times of peak demand - the same way the rates at high end hotels will go up at times of peak demand.

For some reason people started focusing on that no-brainier - rather than identifying the supposedly comparable quality, similarly located hotels they said existed. Additionally, in the context of a Cruise Critic thread where someone has most likely already planned his cruise (obviously locking in the dates of his hotel stay) -- selecting dates is not an option. Unless, of course, he is proceeding on the very unlikely course of selecting his cruise dates on the basis of hotel costs at port of embarkation.

markeb already posted similarly priced but much nicer hotels. I'm not about to play the "what if" game to provide pricing if we don't have details on the specific dates in play.

Meanwhile, it ranks #441 out of #476 hotels in NYC on TripAdvisor AND it has the following warning on TA:

Message from TripAdvisor:

TripAdvisor has reasonable cause to believe that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have interfered with traveler reviews and/or the popularity index for this property. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveler reviews.

If you want to stay there, be my guest. But I will warn everyone I possibly can away from this dump.

Edited by Nitemare

markeb already posted similarly priced but much nicer hotels. I'm not about to play the "what if" game to provide pricing if we don't have details on the specific dates in play.

Meanwhile, it ranks #441 out of #476 hotels in NYC on TripAdvisor AND it has the following warning on TA:

Message from TripAdvisor:

TripAdvisor has reasonable cause to believe that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have interfered with traveler reviews and/or the popularity index for this property. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveler reviews.

If you want to stay there, be my guest. But I will warn everyone I possibly can away from this dump.

My reaction to Trip Advisor reviews is that they all too often skew very favorably in an unbalanced way that does not seem legitimate. So for a hotel to have such a horrible rating on TA even with the possibility that the hotel may be interfering with the reviews would suggest to me that this is a property to stay well away from. (I haven't stayed there, I'm just commenting that the horrible reviews and that warning would prompt me to stay elsewhere.)

OP: I don't know whether you are wedded to the Penn Station area, there's no real reason to be. There are plenty of other hotels in midtown.

Not tomention the fact that the OP was NOT looking for options, critique or alternatives..all they were looking for was directions!

True but there are plenty of lurkers who read and never post so hopefully they learned something. I know I learn information that I never thought about by reading the threads started by others.