Diamond Lounge

lilkrz

Troy, I really don't see how your attire would affect me. I'm sure you look nice. I am a little curious if you get a letter stating no shorts in CL or no shorts in CL on Formal nights, will you comply?

And don't hole up in your suite on Formal night. Go enjoy the MDR. I'll save you a seat

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Troy, I really don't see how your attire would affect me. I'm sure you look nice. I am a little curious if you get a letter stating no shorts in CL or no shorts in CL on Formal nights, will you comply?

And don't hole up in your suite on Formal night. Go enjoy the MDR. I'll save you a seat

Here is a copy regarding the dress code we received via email. Not sure what it said in our room. Next week I will take a picture on 11 day Serenade . I think we will pack for dress up some.

The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 20 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Again, don't have picture of note in our cabin. I will look at my photos

Edited by troykahack

We are traveling with a group of like friends on our 11 night Serenade to Southern Caribbean. I will pack my suit and maybe even my Tux.

When we cruise along, SO deals with people and families all the time. Some paying customers but many who are not. When we cruise, we turn off our phones and really don't interact much. Like I have said in the past, typically the first question someone asks, if what do you do. We consider this somewhat rude. I tell them we are underwater basket weavers. We generally need to get away from these people, most ask too many questions and want FREE advice. We cruise to get away from this... No phones, no WIFI, not nothing... peace.....

Edited by troykahack

I like Johns idea to post the CL/SL/DL/V lounge letter in the room. It appears it may be different by ship. EN did not specifically ban shorts in the CL.

I also don't recall having a formal night on the short 4 day cruise.

Edited by troykahack

I like Johns idea to post the CL/SL/DL/V lounge letter in the room. It appears it may be different by ship. EN did not specifically ban shorts in the CL.

I also don't recall having a formal night on the short 4 day cruise.

I thought you didn't have the ability to post them. :confused:

I can't seem to find an Enchantment letter. Laura keeps throwing my nice things away. :eek:

Empress is the only ship with no Formal. They even have them on the 3 night trips.

I thought you didn't have the ability to post them. :confused:

I can't seem to find an Enchantment letter. Laura keeps throwing my nice things away. :eek:

Empress is the only ship with no Formal. They even have them on the 3 night trips.

I don't until I decide to get a online photo account like others use.

I was going to make another try to email it to you. But only pictures I have of info in our cabin was about the new drink packages and what spirits, beer, wine, coffee, was included and onboard. At that time it was the hot topic.

I am interested in seeing them from other ships. Seems Brillance has a no shorts policy. Not sure if it was just on formal night or all nights as the picture is a bit difficult to read.

If we get a letter that specifically bans shorts, then I will not wear shorts in the CL during cocktail hours.

Edited by troykahack

One last point, then start your new thread. Got a better look at the letter from Brilliance. It states or asks cruisers not to wear shorts on FORMAL NIGHT ONLY. To me this implies they are permitted on other nights.

Some of the same people that complain about shorts and say it is the rules, are the same ones who ignore Royals request to board by deck.

One last point, then start your new thread. Got a better look at the letter from Brilliance. It states or asks cruisers not to wear shorts on FORMAL NIGHT ONLY. To me this implies they are permitted on other nights.

Some of the same people that complain about shorts and say it is the rules, are the same ones who ignore Royals request to board by deck.

Haven't I said that multiple times. ;)

I kind of agree on your last statement, I've brought it up as well in the past.

FWIW, it does not apply to me. Pretty sure Diamond and up as well as Suites are exempt. I've never boarded a ship with that "suggestion"

Kinda easy to ignore a rule you never get a notice about.;)

We only received Royals request to board by Deck Number for our 4 day Enchantment Cruise. The Terminal and parking was crowed and a bit busy when we arrived about 1145. Empress was also boarding next to EN. I wonder if this is the reason for boarding by deck number requests. Never have received a letter for this on past cruises, four this year and one in a week and a half.

I wonder if it is select ships or select cruising??

Haven't I said that multiple times. ;)

I kind of agree on your last statement, I've brought it up as well in the past.

FWIW, it does not apply to me. Pretty sure Diamond and up as well as Suites are exempt. I've never boarded a ship with that "suggestion"

I was encouraging you to start your new thread. I am interested in the differences between Concierge Lounges and Diamond Lounges between ships. If the letter ask us to specifically not to wear Short Pants, we will not. Have not yet seen such a letter on cruises we have been on.

We are on 11 day Serenade with TWO FORMAL nights and we are packing accordingly. We are with a group of like minded friends and will wear long plants, slacks, collared shirt, on regular days. I will have my dinner jacket and tie for Formal nights....

I was encouraging you to start your new thread. I am interested in the differences between Concierge Lounges and Diamond Lounges between ships. If the letter ask us to specifically not to wear Short Pants, we will not. Have not yet seen such a letter on cruises we have been on.

We are on 11 day Serenade with TWO FORMAL nights and we are packing accordingly. We are with a group of like minded friends and will wear long plants, slacks, collared shirt, on regular days. I will have my dinner jacket and tie for Formal nights....

I'm waiting until Laura gets back with her letters from Jewel. I have around 6 that I could find, all are slightly different. I don't recall that D+ get the letter from the Concierge in the CL. But she will have a CL letter for the trip she is currently on.

We do that 11 night on Serenade in March/April. I hope you enjoy.