Diamond Lounge

lilkrz

I was asked to leave Freedom's DL once because of shorts. I was actually just killing time before dressing for dinner. It was no big deal, came back later in my tux. :D

Who asked you to leave the DL? Were they Smart Casual shorts?

You know, if one googles Smart Casual, it does include shorts of certain types.... and includes Tee Shirts, of certain types... Smart Casual outside of an office environment is often dictated by Climate.

Edited by troykahack

Who asked you to leave the DL? Were they Smart Casual shorts?

You know, if one googles Smart Casual, it does include shorts of certain types.... and includes Tee Shirts, of certain types... Smart Casual outside of an office environment is often dictated by Climate.

Bertie, the Concierge. Look it's a rule, I broke it, I complied. Is it that hard to understand?

And weather or not it impacted anyone's experience is beside the point and irrelevant.

Bertie, the Concierge. Look it's a rule, I broke it, I complied. Is it that hard to understand?

And weather or not it impacted anyone's experience is beside the point and irrelevant.

If the Concierge asked us to leave while wearing shorts that were Smart Casual, we would comply without incident.

I assume the night in question was formal night since you wore your Tux that evening. Not sure if they made a difference or not.

I wonder if the DL might be a bit different. We were in the CL as a Suite Guest. I wonder if that makes a difference. We would never wear swim attire, thongs (shoes), flip flops, or baggy shorts, only nice dressing type shorts..... there is such a thing.

I am retired, so I no longer have a desire to dress for success and my income no longer depends on what one does today, but everything about one did in the past. SO owns her own business and could really care less as her customers are often dying to see her and has plenty.

Edited by troykahack

Shorts were in diamond lounge and specialty restaurants on Liberty Galveston western itinerary last week.

Nothing said by staff or guests.

Not an issue at all.

Hardly any tux being worn , I brought mine but blew off wearing either night.

We like to dress up , but living in Galveston is so casual dress, we are not so inclined except for special occasions . Guess Cruising is not that special any more to us. We do dress smart though and respectful.

Edited by ssb

If the Concierge asked us to leave while wearing shorts that were Smart Casual, we would comply without incident.

I assume the night in question was formal night since you wore your Tux that evening. Not sure if they made a difference or not.

I wonder if the DL might be a bit different. We were in the CL as a Suite Guest. I wonder if that makes a difference. We would never wear swim attire, thongs (shoes), flip flops, or baggy shorts, only nice dressing type shorts..... there is such a thing.

I am retired, so I no longer have a desire to dress for success. SO owns her own business and could really care less as her customers are often dying to see her and has plenty.

Is she a mortician?

As stated earlier, the policy on Freedom is no shorts of any kind in the DL or CL on Formal nights.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Is she a mortician?

As stated earlier, the policy on Freedom is no shorts of any kind in the DL or CL on Formal nights.

Nope... But funny you mention that as part of my family is in that business.

So, do you think shorts would have been permitted on other nights but formal? Actually, in the CL on Enchantment, we didn't see anyone in the lounge that I would consider dressing Formal.

Actually, one certain person wore workout pants... like Nike/Under Armor type pants and I am sure NOBODY would have told them it was improper... matter of fact, we saw pictures from a TA where those same pants were worn, but we didn't mind one bit.

Sometimes I really get a chuckle out of these type of postings. I have worn Capri's in both the CL and DL many times and have never been asked to leave or even had anyone remark about my attire. Since we retired I absolutely hate dressing formal anymore.

When I look at some of the formal wear now days I think maybe a bit more could be covered up, but since I'm female that may have something to do with it, I'm sure it is pleasing my DH.:)

The only time I choose to be a bit more formal about our attire is on Regent, for Royal, nah, they are great ships and my favorite, but honestly if it is clean and worn properly, it does not disturb my enjoyment of the atmosphere, my drink or my food.

On Majesty in September we had a male at our dinner table in the MDR that wore his baseball cap sideways. My food was no good, but his baseball cap didn't make it inedible, the chef and cooks did.

Why then did I mention this person wearing his baseball cap, just to show you no one at the table even mentioned it and we were having a grand time with new acquaintances.

Spit and shine is fine, but go to the ships that are a bit more upscale if that is what you are looking for. Times change folks and change is not going to stand still for anyone, enjoy what God has given you and be appreciative you are even able to be on a cruise ship enjoying this amazing planet.

What free drinks can you get at the bars? Cosmos, margaritas etc??? We will on the Anthem in January as first time Diamonds!! Thanks

Cosmos: yes, Margarita: maybe not.

No frozen drinks.

Margaritas were available in Diamond Liberty last week . Premixed served on rocks , but not frozen.

A lady in our group was accommodated at Viking bar with the frozen. A very nice jesture.

Edited by ssb

Shorts were in diamond lounge and specialty restaurants on Liberty Galveston western itinerary last week.

Nothing said by staff or guests.

Not an issue at all.

Hardly any tux being worn , I brought mine but blew off wearing either night.

We like to dress up , but living in Galveston is so casual dress, we are not so inclined except for special occasions . Guess Cruising is not that special any more to us. We do dress smart though and respectful.

Another friend.... LOL Thank you for your input....

John? Why does this bother you so MUCH?

Why do you thank people that tell you want to hear and bicker with those that don't? [emoji6]

Hum???? What are you trying to say?

We wear Smart Casual as for the Climate we are in. It is appropriate. Google it.

If we are asked to leave because we wear Smart Casual shorts, we will leave without incident.

I don't understand what issue you have? Are you and others trying to make and issue of what some may wear in the CL?

Edited by troykahack

Sometimes I really get a chuckle out of these type of postings. I have worn Capri's in both the CL and DL many times and have never been asked to leave or even had anyone remark about my attire. Since we retired I absolutely hate dressing formal anymore.

When I look at some of the formal wear now days I think maybe a bit more could be covered up, but since I'm female that may have something to do with it, I'm sure it is pleasing my DH.:)

The only time I choose to be a bit more formal about our attire is on Regent, for Royal, nah, they are great ships and my favorite, but honestly if it is clean and worn properly, it does not disturb my enjoyment of the atmosphere, my drink or my food.

On Majesty in September we had a male at our dinner table in the MDR that wore his baseball cap sideways. My food was no good, but his baseball cap didn't make it inedible, the chef and cooks did.

Why then did I mention this person wearing his baseball cap, just to show you no one at the table even mentioned it and we were having a grand time with new acquaintances.

Spit and shine is fine, but go to the ships that are a bit more upscale if that is what you are looking for. Times change folks and change is not going to stand still for anyone, enjoy what God has given you and be appreciative you are even able to be on a cruise ship enjoying this amazing planet.

Oh my, another friend... SHOCKING...

We pay for our cruise in a Suite.... we wear nice clothes... How does that affect others? Some seem to have a problem with our dress??

Bella says we should learn to follow the rules.

75ace81af1c590d3a590dad59ea59996.jpg

Google Smart Casual in Caribbean... it includes shorts and tees... Let me know what you find... outside of office environment

Tell Bella Hello... one of our dogs had surgery Friday and doing well...

Edited by troykahack

Google Smart Casual in Caribbean... it includes shorts and tees... Let me know what you find... outside of office environment

Tell Bella Hello... one of our dogs had surgery Friday and doing well...

I will, glad to hear no problems.