Internet package question

caribill

When I look at Internet options for two booked cruises, all I see is an option for an unlimited package at a price that ranges from $20/day to $25/day.

Does Celebrity offer any lower priced (not unlimited) packages?

Thanks

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/15045310_CEL_Informational_Internet_Package_Flyer.pdf

Internet packages available to book pre-cruise online. Internet Packages available to purchase pre-cruise:

• Browsing Package: $59 for 90 minutes

• Social Package: $109 for 240 minutes

• Day Pass: $59 a day (One full day of continuous access)

• Unlimited Package: $199 for a 6-9 day voyage / $299 for a 10-14 day voyage

• As You Go: $0.79 per minute – only available for purchase onboard

You will receive discounts if you are Elite or Above - either free minutes or a good discount

Thanks

Brings to mind two more questions.

If you have a minutes package (such as the social for 240 minutes) and you are on a B2B, can the unused minutes be rolled over to the next segment?

If you purchase on board, I assume you can do so in your cabin on your own device instead of having to go to the Internet room. Correct?

Edited by caribill

Thanks

If you have a minutes package (such as the social for 240 minutes) and you are on a B2B, can the unused minutes be rolled over to the next segment?

If you purchase on board, I assume you can do so in your cabin on your own device instead of having to go to the Internet room. Correct?

You can purchase on your own device.

The minutes do not roll over on a B2B.

Same with any unused OBC by the way. Use it or lose it.

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks

Each leg of a B2B is treated as a separate cruise. Any unused internet minutes are not rolled over to the next leg.

My husband and I are both Elite+ Captain's Club members, and do not have any problems signing up for our 240 free internet minutes on our own devices in our stateroom. If you purchase onboard you can also do so from your stateroom.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/15045310_CEL_Informational_Internet_Package_Flyer.pdf

Internet packages available to book pre-cruise online. Internet Packages available to purchase pre-cruise:

• Browsing Package: $59 for 90 minutes

• Social Package: $109 for 240 minutes

• Day Pass: $59 a day (One full day of continuous access)

• Unlimited Package: $199 for a 6-9 day voyage / $299 for a 10-14 day voyage

• As You Go: $0.79 per minute – only available for purchase onboard

You will receive discounts if you are Elite or Above - either free minutes or a good discount

This is the old flyer. AFAIK, the unlimited are the only options now (in the fine print on the flyer linked below). Click the attachment for a preview or the link below for the full flyer.

This is a link to the new flyer: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049912_CEL_Xcelerate_Trade_Flyer.pdf

xcelerate.jpg.172fca708849f2528f64991ff0dfe83d.jpg

Thank you for posting the flyer with the latest prices for unlimited internet.

I booked a 7-day 2017 cruise with goBest package.

Unlimited internet shows in reservation with $398 (charged) and

$398 (credit). I can not explain the amount looking at the

price list flyer :confused:

I understand that unlimited internet is for 1 device per stateroom only,

so the price of $398 can not be for 2 person/devices...

It really doesn't matter since internet is included in the total price,

just wondering why the price is different.

Thank you for posting the flyer with the latest prices for unlimited internet.

I booked a 7-day 2017 cruise with goBest package.

Unlimited internet shows in reservation with $398 (charged) and

$398 (credit). I can not explain the amount looking at the

price list flyer :confused:

It really doesn't matter since internet is included in the total price,

just wondering why the price is different.

That's what my GoBest says too. Not sure why they do it that way. On GoBest if you have two people you will each get a login for the unlimited internet - it for the first two guests, not per stateroom. You're right, though, that numbers still don't add up. My pre-paid grats are the incorrect amount as well (grats for standard room and we're booked concierge) .

On GoBest if you have two people you will each get a login for the unlimited internet - it for the first two guests, not per stateroom.

Thank you for the good news. I need to tell my DW that we don't

have to share one login :) !

I also booked the Go Best package, but on a 14 day cruise. I assumed the unlimited internet for 2 meant two devices. Can you refer me to the fine print that says it is limited to two people using one device?

That flyer indicates that pre-booking is cheaper than buying on-board, but can you still get discounts through your Captain's Club membership level? Select level usually gets a 25% discount - does this still apply?

I also booked the Go Best package, but on a 14 day cruise. I assumed the unlimited internet for 2 meant two devices. Can you refer me to the fine print that says it is limited to two people using one device?

I was wrong thinking that goBest is only 1 internet package, but it is

really 2 packages (each per person).

The following thread talks about the restriction that only 1 device

can be used at the same time.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2162446

I was wrong thinking that goBest is only 1 internet package, but it is

really 2 packages (each per person).

The following thread talks about the restriction that only 1 device

can be used at the same time.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2162446

ok, thanks. I have had the unlimited internet package on several cruises, but always just "one device" and for that package, it is one person at a time, and one device at a time .... I believe that cruise lines like RCI offer one and two device packages ... and the two device packages allow two people to be on line at the same time each with their own device ... especially useful when traveling with kids ... I am assuming that the unlimited internet for two offered under the Go Best option is for two devices ... not the end of the world if it isn't, but doesn't make much sense to me to market a package for 2 people, with a one device limit

That flyer indicates that pre-booking is cheaper than buying on-board, but can you still get discounts through your Captain's Club membership level? Select level usually gets a 25% discount - does this still apply?

I think you may have to call. I'm select and just tried to go in and add internet - for my 7 night 2017 cruise, it said it was $237pp which is somewhere in between the two prices listed on the flyer. Very confusing.

Flyer says both:

o 10% off if booked pre-cruise

o (at the bottom) Price is the same whether purchased pre-cruise or on board

Not that much difference getting 25% discount on board vs. getting instead 21%-22% discount purchased in advance.

This is the old flyer. AFAIK, the unlimited are the only options now (in the fine print on the flyer linked below). Click the attachment for a preview or the link below for the full flyer.

This is a link to the new flyer: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049912_CEL_Xcelerate_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Flyer says cost is $269 (pre-cruise) and $314 (on ship) for a 12 day cruise and $269 (pre-cruise) and $344 (on ship) for a 15 day cruise.

But when I look at cost on the Celebrity web site for my two bookings I see the pre-cruise package for a 12 day cruise priced at $282 and the 15 day cruise priced at $309.

(With the prices shown on that flyer, I can see why the corporate parent RCCL reported that half of their higher onboard earnings came from sales of internet and beverage packages.)

Edited by caribill

Flyer says cost is $269 (pre-cruise) and $314 (on ship) for a 12 day cruise and $269 (pre-cruise) and $344 (on ship) for a 15 day cruise.

But when I look at cost on the Celebrity web site for my two bookings I see the pre-cruise package for a 12 day cruise priced at $282 and the 15 day cruise priced at $309.

I know - it makes no sense. This is what I posted above:

I think you may have to call. I'm select and just tried to go in and add internet - for my 7 night 2017 cruise, it said it was $237pp which is somewhere in between the two prices listed on the flyer. Very confusing.

And yet sister company RCCL has promotions in CruisePlanner... We are on Infinity for 15 nights next week and Internet is $$$ when comparing average cost per day to our March RCCL cruise. We booked Internet this weekend for RCCL for $8.99 per day including Stream for the March and Nov 2017 RCCL cruises. ($20.60 per day on Infinity booking in advance for upcoming cruise and at 15 nights that adds up) Not that I need that but the faster connection will help me keep up with work in March for a reasonable price (I don't have the luxury of completely disconnecting from my job)

Edited by MandyGirl

Just to clarify so that someone is not confused by some of the posts on this thread. The unlimited is for one device at a time and not one device only. When you try to log in on you second device there is a warning and an automatic option to log out on the first device, so you can log in. Could not be easier.

Now on Silhouette on the 10/22/16 Rome departure; we are Elite but not plus:

List price for 1 device unlimited entire cruise is $319; discount due to Elite is $223 total. Speed is very good compared to old internet configuration. There are times when it approaches probably half the speed of residential cable system. At no point has it been to a crawl.

Old package of a block of minutes is gone and just 60 minute and 24 hour packages at crazy prices are alternates. Half way through cruise some other alternates were offered.

With the new internet system, do they still have the facility for the old minute packages if they were bought before they were discontinued? I'm sailing on Equinox later this month and purchased the 90-minute package many months ago. If all the internet is unlimited now I hope I don't have to pay the difference as I wouldn't have signed up for it at that cost!

With the new internet system, do they still have the facility for the old minute packages if they were bought before they were discontinued? I'm sailing on Equinox later this month and purchased the 90-minute package many months ago. If all the internet is unlimited now I hope I don't have to pay the difference as I wouldn't have signed up for it at that cost!

If you pre-purchased it I don't see how they can changes it. In any case you will get more bang or the buck at least on Silhouette with the increased speed. I assume this is the same set up as on RCL ships just with a different name: Xcelerate. Nice play on their brand...

There is no "slow" speed internet available on this ship.

Flyer says both:

o 10% off if booked pre-cruise

o (at the bottom) Price is the same whether purchased pre-cruise or on board

Yes, it makes no sense.

10% off is for the pre-booked unlimited packages. The asterisk refers to the 1 hour and 24 hour packages which do not have any discount for pre-purchase.

Just to clarify so that someone is not confused by some of the posts on this thread. The unlimited is for one device at a time and not one device only. When you try to log in on you second device there is a warning and an automatic option to log out on the first device, so you can log in. Could not be easier.

Yes - the one/two conversation that is being talked about is the GoBest promotion which offers unlimited internet for the first two guests (one login each for the first two guests). You can then be logged in to one device at a time per login or two devices at a time (one with each login) total.