Does Anyone Know If This Is A Smoking Bar?

Ski-Lady

Does anyone know if the bar on deck 12 of IOS is a smoking bar? I think it is called the Sky Bar.

We used this bar when meeting for sail away drinks on the NOS in May of this years and it turned out to be a smoking bar. I need to set up a meeting place for our up coming cruise and I would hate to make the same mistake again.

Does anyone know if the bar on deck 12 of IOS is a smoking bar? I think it is called the Sky Bar.

We used this bar when meeting for sail away drinks on the NOS in May of this years and it turned out to be a smoking bar. I need to set up a meeting place for our up coming cruise and I would hate to make the same mistake again.

I believe it is a smoking bar on both Voyager and Freedom class ships.

You might try the Pool bar directly below.

I believe it is a smoking bar on both Voyager and Freedom class ships.

You might try the Pool bar directly below.

I agree. It was a smoking bar (both port and starboard sides) on recent cruises on Brilliance and Explorer.

Thanks for the correction and update. I guess I don't get up there much. :)

Explorer still has the suite lounger area on the terraced sections between decks 11 and 12. Unfortunately, the smoke from guests at the Sky Bar permeated both sides of that section.

Explorer still has the suite lounger area on the terraced sections between decks 11 and 12. Unfortunately, the smoke from guests at the Sky Bar permeated both sides of that section.

Yeah I can imagine it would! I just never noticed that as a smoking venue before.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We were on the Indy last Thanksgiving and I don't think that area was smoking. My hubby is a smoker and I think he would have figured it out. He went to either the one side of the pool deck or deck 4 (I think) near the shuffle board court.

Thank you for the answers. I was afraid it was a smoking bar which is to bad. I can understand them making it a smoking bar though. It give smokers some place outside to have a drink and a smoke and still be near the pool activities and not impact so many people.

The Sky Bar was always a nice place to meet for sail away. A great view and not as busy or loud as the pool bar. Oh well, the pool bar it is then.