Favourite ship in the NCL fleet?

jpcdds6

Here we go again. I did this a few years ago, but a few ships have come and gone since then. What's your choice and what stands out about her? I haven't been on them all, but we are platinum and have been sailing on Norwegian since 1997. My vote goes to the Gem. Great outdoors and the aft penthouses are two main reasons. PS I spelled it that way for our friends across the pond.

It's a tossup between the Sun and the Jewel. I believe the Jewel class is the best class of ships in the fleet--right size (not too big), yet plenty of room for all the amenities. Good coffee available in back end of buffet. And in particular I have enjoyed the staff on the Jewel a lot.

But there's a special place in my heart for the Sun. First of all, it has some of the most interesting itineraries. The staff clearly love their ship and take great pride in it. There are features that disappeared in newer ships (e.g. the deck outside the Spinnaker). Also, the balcony cabins are roomier than balcony cabins on newer ships.

awwwww...........................thank you.

Been on Epic twice, loved the entertainment, not so much the ship. Also loved the staff, great outdoors and buffet station layout on the Jade. Going back on the Spirit soon, loved the style, size and nice international atmosphere of the ship!

Different ships for different reasons.

My wife and I got engaged on the Sky at sail away, so even if it's the least interesting ship in the fleet, it will always be special.

Some of the amenities on the Getaway are fantastic, (Spa Thermal Suite, Illusionarium, 678 Ocean Place is a great meeting place, restaurants are spacious.) But we found some things lacking. The theatre, for instance, looks like an after-thought. And it's a common complaint, but it's the first ship we've been on that felt "crowded".

We really enjoyed the Jewel and Dawn. Seem to be the perfect size and never feel crowded. Doing the Gem in just a few weeks, couldn't be more excited!

But let's be honest...the best ship is the one you're going on next, right??

Here we go again. I did this a few years ago, but a few ships have come and gone since then. What's your choice and what stands out about her? I haven't been on them all, but we are platinum and have been sailing on Norwegian since 1997. My vote goes to the Gem. Great outdoors and the aft penthouses are two main reasons. PS I spelled it that way for our friends across the pond.

Probably my favorite since I am on my 4th cruise next her, feel very at home.

Hands down the Epic. The one...the only....the original...imitated but never duplicated

Still largest spa at sea

Still largest gym at sea

Largest and best Haven complex of any NCL ship

Posh

Best Spice H20 of any ship

Largest Bliss lounge of any NCL ship

I know I will be flamed for saying this :eek:

But they are all great!

Edited by david_sobe

The Spirit or Jade. The Jade was just the right size and the front penthouse balconies are a great place to have coffee and watch as the ship sails into port. The Spirit has a unique beautiful decor, and the forward corner penthouses are the best accommodations I've ever been in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hands down the Epic. The one...the only....the original...imitated but never duplicated

Still largest spa at sea

Still largest gym at sea

Largest and best Haven complex of any NCL ship

Posh

Best Spice H20 of any ship

Largest Bliss lounge of any NCL ship

I know I will be flamed for saying this :eek:

But they are all great!

Your post makes me excited to be trying out everything you mention in 3 months from now.

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DMH15