14 day Circle Caribbean?

mommy5

Has anyone checked out this itinerary for March 2018? Unlike 14 day cruises I have seen in the past, it does not come back to Ft. Lauderdale and just do two 7 day cruises back to back. It has some new island stops too that look awesome like Martinique & Trinidad! I am watching the prices for this gem. Any thoughts?

Debdoll

Has anyone checked out this itinerary for March 2018? Unlike 14 day cruises I have seen in the past, it does not come back to Ft. Lauderdale and just do two 7 day cruises back to back. It has some new island stops too that look awesome like Martinique & Trinidad! I am watching the prices for this gem. Any thoughts?

Debdoll

What ship?

Debdoll

I have already booked it sailing in January 13, 2018. Princess is offering 3 for free it's a good deal. $300.00 OBC, paid gratuities and a same category upgrade. It's a true 14 day cruise.

Tony

Interesting itinerary. Very port intensive!

Does anyone know how to find out if the deposit is refundable on these sailings on the 3 for free sale. It has the $100 reduced deposit, and I would use a FCD anyway, but did not want to go for a nonrefundable so far out.

I thought that it used to say one way or another, but I could not figure it out on this sailing. :confused:

Thanks to the OP and everyone else for posting and reminding me of these "true" 14 day cruises.

Happy Cruising!

Mark

Edited by cruisehappy001

To answer all your questions on the 3 for Free just look at the Princess web site here: http://www.princess.com/find/searchResults.do

Everything is explained in great detail. There is no mention of non-refundable deposits, so therefore deposits are refundable. Upgrade means all cabins in the same category, for example balcony, are fared at the lowest fare for that category. Cabins denoted as "Premium" are excluded from this part of the promo.

Debdoll

We booked the Oct 7th 2017 Circle Caribbean as soon as it was available to book. Love the fact that it does a true 14 day cruise. Hope these cruises sell very good.

A few years ago, Princess routinely had 14 day Caribbean cruises (mostly on the Grand) which we really enjoyed. When they abandoned the true 14 day cruises they left the market open to Celebrity who has filled the niche (currently with the Eclipse). We welcome Princess's return to this 14 day market. There is a big difference between the clientele on a true 14 day...vs the more common back-to-back cruises. As a general rule you will find a somewhat older more seasoned cruiser with fewer children/teens.

Hank

We are really interested in doing this cruise so fingers crossed.

Just so you know, I booked it the day the new itineraries were released. It was May 19, 2016. Since then, I have had one price drop, and a very generous promo that could be applied.

So, start watching for the new itineraries in May, 2017. Good luck.

Book early for the cabin you want, then monitor for possible adjustments. That's my normal SOP, but especially important for a more unique itinerary like this.

Just so you know, I booked it the day the new itineraries were released. It was May 19, 2016. Since then, I have had one price drop, and a very generous promo that could be applied.

So, start watching for the new itineraries in May, 2017. Good luck.

Book early for the cabin you want, then monitor for possible adjustments. That's my normal SOP, but especially important for a more unique itinerary like this.

Oh good to know. I couldn't remember if it would be one of the itineraries released in 12/1. People are talking about a release but as of yet no one has posted the schedule like in the past.

Oh yes I put it on hold via princess as soon as it opens, transfer to TA and apply all FCC's and such and then watch the site for price drops. Got a great one on my Classic Canada we are doing next year. ;)

We've only been on Regal Princess and loved it. Will this ship be a disappointment?

It looks like it will have a refurb before that cruise.

Thanks,

Jennie

That depends on your expectations. What did you like about the Regal that you want to see on the Caribbean? We have been on both ships twice and are on this cruise as well. The only issues I know of on the Caribbean was it was looking warn and had an occasional sewer smell in some locations. Hopefully the refurb prior to this cruise will take care of those issues.