Soda package include anything else

gjolsen

We're going on the Escape in February. For the adults we all got the drink package and for my daughter we got the soda package. Does the soda package on the Escape get you anything besides soda?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

We're going on the Escape in February. For the adults we all got the drink package and for my daughter we got the soda package. Does the soda package on the Escape get you anything besides soda?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

No, just soda. There is flavored water, lemonade and iced tea available at no charge. There is also some juices in the morning at no charge.

No, just soda. There is flavored water, lemonade and iced tea available at no charge. There is also some juices in the morning at no charge.

i'm assuming all restaurants have all the free drinks..however wondering if the bars have the free stuff as well?

Are the flavours water , lemonade, ice tea available all the time or just at meal times? We are try's to decide whether to get our kids the package

i'm assuming all restaurants have all the free drinks..however wondering if the bars have the free stuff as well?

The flavored drinks in the buffet area are generally there all day. They are switched out for OJ, Apple and Cranberry juice during breakfast.

A bar will provide complimentary ice water, I've not seen anything else.

During meals we've gotten ice tea and lemonade for no charge. We have never eaten in a Specialty restaurant so I'm not sure if the policy is different with those.

My nephew spent a lot of time in the teen club and eating at the buffet. He declined the soda package on our Getaway cruise and didn't ask for it on the Escape. He had adequate access to beverages via the buffet. Since we didn't get the soda package I was willing to purchase a few cans of soda from our room fridge if he really wanted something. We did this once or twice on the Getaway, but not at all on the Escape.

No, a bar that sells alcoholic beverages does not have lemonade, flavored water or iced tea. Unless of course you're talking about the Long Island version.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Is there any fizzy orange like fanta or tango type soda ?

It varies a bit but they normally carry orange slice and mug root beer. Typically soda for the package is either gun soda or out of 2L bottles. Also diet sierra mist.

Edited by dexddd

It varies a bit but they normally carry orange slice and mug root beer. Typically soda for the package is either gun soda or out of 2L bottles. Also diet sierra mist.

I have had orange soda at a comp dining room meal, but never asked for it at a bar.

ok thanks for the info. based on the above info its just the restaurants really that have the free ice tea/lemonade. i'm glad we are just 2 decks below the buffet.

the plan is bring empty bottles and using the official method of transfer to keep some spare in the mini fridge after its emptied. i really wish i could bring back my NCL water i bought on the last cruise, i brought 5 bottles home...sigh

must all adults buy the soda pack if you are in the same cabin? 2nd adult doesnt want it and when i added it i checked only my name and put my CC through ok. but now i think it shows prepaid soda (2) and i think shows a bill for my friend but hard to tell because i ordered sdp as well

Edited by luckyinpa

INCLUDED drinks (in your fare) are: ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice during breakfast. If your daughter is ok with those offerings, she might not need a soda package. You CAN buy a soda when you want it....I can't imagine drinking enough soda to make it "pay" to have a package!

Edited by cb at sea

You can also check if the embarkation port has a Coke machine after security and before you board. Miami does. You can buy 20 oz Coke bottles for 2 bucks. Cheaper and more soda and also resealable versus Pepsi 12 oz cans on board.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Edited by SNJCruisers

$2.25 or 2.50.

Plus 18% service charge. So if you are going to have 3 or more sodas per day, the soda plan is worth it.

Also in my past experiences, the bartenders had no problem making virgin versions of our frozen drinks for our daughter using her soda plan.

Plus 18% service charge. So if you are going to have 3 or more sodas per day, the soda plan is worth it.

Also in my past experiences, the bartenders had no problem making virgin versions of our frozen drinks for our daughter using her soda plan.

def not worth it for my friend so i told her to pay cash. i did buy the plan.

sooo i can get a virgin strawberry daq. with my soda card? no way!

That's interesting on the virgin drinks. We paid for those in July, but the girls didn't have the soda pkg. One mocktail would cover the cost of the soda package for kids who don't drink soda. Anyone else have this experience?

Just back from Breakaway yesterday. Only soda was included in the soda package however you could pay extra to upgrade to OJ and Cranberry juice. Virgin drinks are not included. Apple juice can be found on the buffet till 10:30 and Lemonade, Ice Team can be found on Buffet all day. Apple juice, Orange juice is included in main/ specialty Dinning room with kids meal. We had the UBP and figured they would just change us for our son Apple juice when bought it at bars but, they never charged us told us not to worry about it when we asked.

Just back from Breakaway yesterday. Only soda was included in the soda package however you could pay extra to upgrade to OJ and Cranberry juice. Virgin drinks are not included. Apple juice can be found on the buffet till 10:30 and Lemonade, Ice Team can be found on Buffet all day. Apple juice, Orange juice is included in main/ specialty Dinning room with kids meal. We had the UBP and figured they would just change us for our son Apple juice when bought it at bars but, they never charged us told us not to worry about it when we asked.

TY for the detailed info. any idea specifically where milk is . i'm assuming for sure at bfast at the buffet.

TY for the detailed info. any idea specifically where milk is . i'm assuming for sure at bfast at the buffet.

Yes Buffet and Main dinning room has it and you can get carton in the am rest of the time it is in a machine. We usually took 1-2 carton to leave in the frig in our room so my son could drink it in the morning before we left the room.